5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

mike146

Reaction score
website also has base price lowered by 2500 dollars. However, they did put a disclaimer at bottom now about price differences etc.

I am still happy to get the extra 1000 off!!

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So $1,000 Bonus Cash, Current $1,000 cash incentive, $500 through Treadlightly, I can't do PenFed. What else is there out there that can be applied to a Limited? I do see a mention of $750 cash with Non-prime retail bonus cash but I can't find a list of eligible states/counties.

Last edited:

Ram_Roamer

Reaction score
website also has base price lowered by 2500 dollars. However, they did put a disclaimer at bottom now about price differences etc.

I am still happy to get the extra 1000 off!!
the website lags price updates by up to a month from my experience.

Southside

Reaction score
me too; building a truck got me mine; now hopefully my truck gets delivered before 4/5…
Building a truck, incognito, and enabling pop-ups worked for me, thanks for sharing! In Chrome the setting to enable pop-ups is under the 3 verticle dots in top right corner/settings/security and privacy/site settings

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What's wild is after grabbing my code at home on a different machine, I get to work this morning, open my laptop, hit up the ram website and the offer immediately pops up after trying the past couple of days using Brave browser. Go figure.

Last edited:

Gibby0311

Reaction score
I got the $1k as well. Has anyone gotten more than that recently? I also have a $1k from truecar, but don’t believe it stacks with the Ram bonus cash, only the incentives. Planning on ordering my new Rebel in….. the next few days. Today maybe? Why wait.

mike146

Reaction score
the website lags price updates by up to a month from my experience.
just realized, I was playing around to get the bonus cash, never changed from 4x2 to 4x4. That was the big base price difference.

Big Tup

Reaction score
Silent Bob has a thread for Sold Order Consumer Incentive Protection: link - https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/lock-in-incentives-rebates-on-factory-orders.29443/
I think people are misinterpreting the Protection Claim. As I read through the protection claim, it is a very nice option. However, this does NOT appear to me as a "price protection", instead, this is a "incentive protection". This protection claim allows you to take advantage of the best "incentives" available (rewards, rebates, cash back, etc), either at time of order at time of delivery. What I do NOT see in this Protection Claim is that you are protected from manufacturer price increases. Example: If the base price of the truck when you ordered it is $62,000 and so much time has passed before delivery of your truck that Ram increases base price of truck to $63,000, upon delivery you may have to pay the additional $1000 increase in price. This Protection Claim protects you to capitalize on the best incentives, and does not include price increases.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think people are misinterpreting the Protection Claim. As I read through the protection claim, it is a very nice option. However, this does NOT appear to me as a "price protection", instead, this is a "incentive protection". This protection claim allows you to take advantage of the best "incentives" available (rewards, rebates, cash back, etc), either at time of order at time of delivery. What I do NOT see in this Protection Claim is that you are protected from manufacturer price increases. Example: If the base price of the truck when you ordered it is $62,000 and so much time has passed before delivery of your truck that Ram increases base price of truck to $63,000, upon delivery you may have to pay the additional $1000 increase in price. This Protection Claim protects you to capitalize on the best incentives, and does not include price increases.
I do not think that you are going to find documentation on price protection because it's between the dealership and FCA. If your dealership hasn't mentioned it then they probably aren't going to bend over backwards for it. Trust us, dozens of buyers on this forum have gone through dealerships that apply for price protection and they have all been price locked. Per Mark Dodge, they have to sell the truck to the person it was ordered for, they have to sell it for the agreed upon price and they have to complete the paperwork within 14 days receiving the vehicle. There's no bait and switch, no trick, no lie. Either a dealership does it, or they don't. And unfortunately most dealerships do not.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just called the Ram Incentives Line @ 1-800-227-0757. They let me know (based on Vin and my Zip Code) that there are two Non-prime retail bonus cash incentives for me that are $750 each and stackable on top of the $1000 national cash incentive.

That gives me $1500 off for those, $1000 national, $1000 bonus cash and $500 Tread Lightly. 4K off that sweet price protected Mark Dodge price!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just don't get caught at the top of the price market right before the drop. Right now prices are elevated, so the discount you normally have is made-up on the back end should you sell the vehicle. But paying close to sticker now and then having the market drop in a couple of years would really be financially painful.

I normally can buy a new truck with those nice dealer/factory discounts, put zero down with a long payment schedule and still be in the black by the 2nd or 3rd year of the loan. In the case of my RAM, I got such a great deal of 25% off, I didn't even need to get GAP insurance, even with zero down, I was already in the black right off the bat, and this was in a normal market.

Right now, that likely won't be possible within the next 2 years.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just don't get caught at the top of the price market right before the drop. Right now prices are elevated, so the discount you normally have is made-up on the back end should you sell the vehicle. But paying close to sticker now and then having the market drop in a couple of years would really be financially painful.

I normally can buy a new truck with those nice dealer/factory discounts, put zero down with a long payment schedule and still be in the black by the 2nd or 3rd year of the loan. In the case of my RAM, I got such a great deal of 25% off, I didn't even need to get GAP insurance, even with zero down.

Right now, that likely won't be possible.
Yeah, I cannot imagine paying sticker for a vehicle ever. Much less right now. If all of these incentives are available when mine comes in, I'm sitting at 22.5% below MSRP. I would love for it to hang out and not show up until Ram Month, but it's already in transit and I'd be surprised if it takes that long.

mophead

Reaction score
You make a good point. I would think you might be able to fix that with the price agreed upon at the time of signing the order. I imagine there is verbiage that addresses that in the dealers contract. Most dealers wouldn't want to eat any mfg price increase. You can negotiate ANYTHING in that contract. Getting the dealer to agree is another story. The incentive agreement is between the dealer and mfg. Not much wiggle room there, so you need the protection agreement for that.

Big Tup

Reaction score
I do not think that you are going to find documentation on price protection because it's between the dealership and FCA. If your dealership hasn't mentioned it then they probably aren't going to bend over backwards for it. Trust us, dozens of buyers on this forum have gone through dealerships that apply for price protection and they have all been price locked. Per Mark Dodge, they have to sell the truck to the person it was ordered for, they have to sell it for the agreed upon price and they have to complete the paperwork within 14 days receiving the vehicle. There's no bait and switch, no trick, no lie. Either a dealership does it, or they don't. And unfortunately most dealerships do not.
sounds good and thanks for responding. im just a "matter of fact" kinda of guy and when it comes to a major expense like this, i would be looking for more than a "trust me i got your back" from the dealer. What if the salesperson that told you "i got you covered" is not longer working for the dealer when your truck arrives. All good, i will not belabor this. For me, im not comfortable until i see it in writing. It also seems strange as to why a dealer wouldnt do this without asking...it preserves the dealers reputation and your satification.

Nova90

Reaction score
Correct, Mark Dodge protected both the incentives available and the pricing on the sold order at the time that I placed the order. I've seen stories of other dealers that have attempted to pass on any MSRP increases (between the order date and date the sticker is created) to the buyer.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
sounds good and thanks for responding. im just a "matter of fact" kinda of guy and when it comes to a major expense like this, i would be looking for more than a "trust me i got your back" from the dealer. What if the salesperson that told you "i got you covered" is not longer working for the dealer when your truck arrives. All good, i will not belabor this. For me, im not comfortable until i see it in writing. It also seems strange as to why a dealer wouldnt do this without asking...it preserves the dealers reputation and your satification.
I hear ya and I agree 100%. The big difference between that salesman and a lot of these volume dealers is their business model. I think if stories from Mark Dodge started coming out about them changing these deals, things would go very badly for them in terms of sales. I refused to work with any of my dealers locally because I just didn't find them trustworthy and I'm tired of games. Negotiating our minivan was brutal enough. I prefer to just deal with things on the level. I don't expect to buy anything at cost. I want who I'm buying from to make money. But I also want to save money and expect to save money. When we can make a deal and close that deal treating each other like humans, I'm pretty much a happy camper and I'll tell everyone how awesome it was.

And when I'm lied to/treated like a moron/etc, yeah, I'm gonna tell everyone that too (I'm looking at you Hendrick Dodge, in Hoover, AL).

TSL

Reaction score
I hear ya and I agree 100%. The big difference between that salesman and a lot of these volume dealers is their business model. I think if stories from Mark Dodge started coming out about them changing these deals, things would go very badly for them in terms of sales. I refused to work with any of my dealers locally because I just didn't find them trustworthy and I'm tired of games. Negotiating our minivan was brutal enough. I prefer to just deal with things on the level. I don't expect to buy anything at cost. I want who I'm buying from to make money. But I also want to save money and expect to save money. When we can make a deal and close that deal treating each other like humans, I'm pretty much a happy camper and I'll tell everyone how awesome it was.

And when I'm lied to/treated like a moron/etc, yeah, I'm gonna tell everyone that too (I'm looking at you Hendrick Dodge, in Hoover, AL).
I had a co-worker at work one time who shared a story of buying a used car during the 2008 / 2009 financial melt down. He knew the dealer was asking an unreasonable price in the market at that time. He told the dealer ( my co-worker was from Ukraine, and this is all the funnier with his accent ) " Look, I know you have to make a profit, and I know you have to feed ze family and you have to put ze bread on ze table. I don't mind paying you for ze bread, but I'm not going to pay you for ze butter as well" :) Cracked me up, I still remember him telling me the story.

Users who are viewing this thread