5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Big horns are $3500 near me, but still not the heavy discounts we’ve seen in the past

Yeah, that's a little over half of what they were. Thats a big pill to swallow.
Moral of the story, buy when you can and stop waiting for the better deal. Cost me a $8K rebate that I was only able to recoup 6K of and had to wait 4 months to do that.

rbundy84

Reaction score
I don't think so, same thing was said about MY20. you have to remember that we are enthusiast, the vast majority of buyers are not and MY20-21 or 22 will have no impact on them; not everyone is a car person.
Eh I was just thinking of dealers wanting to clear inventory - I passed on a $44k (before TTL) 2020 Laramie on 12/31 last year and I regret it now

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
With the limiting of 0%/cash back to 48 months, anticipate the outright removal of 0% after the 18th. Honestly in this market any subvented financing on trucks is completely unnecessary, and I couldn’t fault them for dropping it. Business is business...

Chevy is offering no subvented financing and Ford is offering a subvented rate of...

wait for it..

8.9%

Last edited:

rbundy84

Reaction score
With the limiting of 0%/cash back to 48 months, anticipate the outright removal of 0% after the 18th. Honestly in this market any subvented financing on trucks is completely unnecessary, and I couldn’t fault them for dropping it. Business is business...

Chevy is offering no subvented financing and Ford is offering a subvented rate of...

wait for it..

8.9%
😳

Lalom84

Reaction score
Nearly ditto above, working with Phillip Olsen and Aydin of Bud Clary. They must have been bizzie today :)

2021 Rebel, turbo 3.0L, Rebel Level 2, 2 tone red/black, burgundy accent leather interior, 33 gal tank, Tech Group, Advanced Safety Group, C/C Group, etc ...

MSRP: $63545
Dealer Price: $55,750 (12.3% off MSRP)
RAM rebates: $3500 (21CM1: $1000; 44CM2: $2500)
True Car $500
Final Price: $51750 (18.6% off MSRP)

Phillip found me the 44CM2 discount that I was completely unaware of. Aydin followed up with order deposit form and such. All my build options went through.

Now to figure out how to get this guy from Auburn, WA to SOCAL.

Wow, that's a great deal. I'm trying to get something like this but I live in a small town with dealers owned by the same person. What's the turnaround time for a truck now? If you don't mind could you share their contact info..

Thanks

vegasandre

Reaction score

wait for it..

8.9%
site is still 0% for 72 months on the dodge site- same as last month

Last edited:

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a little over half of what they were. Thats a big pill to swallow.
Moral of the story, buy when you can and stop waiting for the better deal. Cost me a $8K rebate that I was only able to recoup 6K of and had to wait 4 months to do that.

Yeah I definitely didn't like the rebates when I ordered my longhorn back in March (especially compared to last years), however, depending on what/if you have to trade in, you might be able to make up some of the difference there. My 2017 Longhorn with about 50k miles went up nearly $5,000 in value since I ordered, so between that and getting 0% (and a decent 16.3% off msrp) I'm justifying to myself that I made out ok in this scenario.

I was looking at used 2019-20 longhorn for quite a while, with anywhere from 5-20k miles on them. It became the norm for them to be priced anywhere from $50-60k which in some cases was more than my ordered 21 costed me. And they are selling at those prices, very very strange times for car buying.

69Safari

Reaction score
OK, final note on my 2021 Limited Longhorn factory order from Aaron Ginsburgh at Mark Dodge in Louisiana. After the sale, I sent in the paperwork to Bonus Drive and, about three weeks later, received a check for $250. That, added to the terrific deal Aaron got for me, gave me 20.7% off MSRP. Not too shabby. Thank you, Aaron. Thank you Silent Bob. And thank you to everyone else who contributes to this thread!

Zeektacus

Reaction score
My ordered truck came in. Unfortunately I did not lock in incentives at the time smh. I'm in northern California. I'm seeing 3500 on rebates for Leramie. I tried for pen fed but missing the 60 day by a couple weeks. The true$500 car seems like they have taken it away?
Offer codes I'm seeing now are
21CM1
CACM8
20CM5

cfish7722

Reaction score
For those that have used the penfed rebate by becoming a member and hitting the 60 days. Once you've been a member for 60 days do you get an email with the rebate? Looking for information on how that works? Thanks!

slatersan

Reaction score
Wow, Big Horns were getting 4-6K rebates a few months ago. I told a few people to buy months ago because this (low rebates) was coming, didn't expect this low though
Late summer last year, I was mad at myself for not being ready to buy in March and especially April.

Now, I look back and am grateful I stuck with the hunt and found the right truck and the right deal in September. It's nutty out there.

csdude07

Reaction score
For those that have used the penfed rebate by becoming a member and hitting the 60 days. Once you've been a member for 60 days do you get an email with the rebate? Looking for information on how that works? Thanks!
Also wondering about this

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also wondering about this
No, you don't get an email. It is just a perk of being a member, but you need to seek out the rebate. Go the this link (below) and it explains it. You need to login to your account and fill out a short form and it will give you a code, good for I think 90 days. After that time you'd have to do the same process to get a different code.

edit: just to add, you don't need to use their car-buying service to get the code.

Last edited:

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, you don't get an email. It is just a perk of being a member, but you need to seek out the rebate. Go the this link (below) and it explains it. You need to login to your account and fill out a short form and it will give you a code, good for I think 90 days. After that time you'd have to do the same process to get a different code.

Do you guys know if PenFed had to be locked in at time of order. For example, I locked in 0% for 72 with $500 cash back. When my truck is delivered, can the $1000 PenFed rebate simply be added or would I have to take the available incentives at time of delivery to also use the PedFed rebate?

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you guys know if PenFed had to be locked in at time of order. For example, I locked in 0% for 72 with $500 cash back. When my truck is delivered, can the $1000 PenFed rebate simply be added or would I have to take the available incentives at time of delivery to also use the PedFed rebate?
You just present the code to your dealer a couple days before delivery so they can add it to the paperwork. Doesn't effect anything else.

Nova90

Reaction score
Aaron from Mark Dodge told me that it had to be noted when we price protected the incentives. I was only about 30 days into my 60 days when I ordered. I will be beyond the 60 days when my truck arrives, but I will certainly ask him again if we can add it in. As long as the 0% is still available, I think I could take the best of the incentives at delivery...which would include the Penfed.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was told by my dealer to wait to get the PenFed code until closer to delivery so it didn't expire before delivery, but I did disclose it. He said it could be added later since it had no effect on other pricing (dealer discount or national/regional incentives). Maybe Mark Dodge wants it in their paperwork from the start for bookkeeping reasons.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread