5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

WReckeR

Reaction score
Going to order a Limited tomorrow. Delmonico red, indigo/frost interior, regular HEMI. Only extra options the BUG and engine block heater. MSRP $62,985. I may add the larger gas tank, and the wife wants the Advanced Safety Group (last I knew, though, it was unavailable due to chip shortage).

Went to a larger local dealer today to look at colors one last time. They had Patriot Blue, Delmonico Red, and Magnetic Steel all literally next to each other. Those were the ones I was considering. Just something about the red that draws me in. They had a red Limited with black interior that I sat in and it is just so dark with the entire interior, including headliner, being black and makes it feel small. I sat in a red Limited with the indigo/frost a couple days ago (went 75 minutes each way to see it, that was the closest with that interior) and liked it, but they didn't have another Limited to sit in with black interior to compare side-by-side.

I just did the buying process in Sept (didn't order, though), so this time was easier.

Carvana is $49,700 now on my trade, up $1,000 in two weeks. Phillip was $54k exactly before incentives. But factoring in shipping and sales tax benefits of trading, I am about even or maybe slightly ahead going with a dealer 50 miles away. And much, much, much less hassle.

My deal...

Invoice - holdback, which is $55,867 on the $62,985 MSRP, minus incentives.

Incentives sold order locked, so I get the best of now or at delivery. Right now it is 0% for 72 plus $500. 0% saves about $2500 vs the 1.99% I can get at my credit union and have on my current truck.

Trade (see signature): $47,650. Could go higher if the market keeps going the way it is, but this is locked in as a minimum. MSRP was $55,135 and paid about $43,500 new in Sept.

$379 doc fee (most around here are $250-$300).

I will get another code for PenFed $1,000 and submit for the $250 Bonus Drive again.

From my Laramie I will transfer the ProX15 tonneau cover, front dash JBL speakers, K&N cabin air filter, AEM oil-less engine air filter, Weathertech mud flaps, and the RAM all-weather floor mats (even though they are black and don't really go with the indigo/frost interior). Will try to sell the nerf bars I put on.

Overall very happy with the deal. Haven't signed anything yet. One other dealer was invoice - $1500 (holdback is $1800+), and would not lock in a minimum for the trade. Several others would only go down to invoice. Was looking at a Laramie but wouldn't get the same deal (invoice-holdback) on a locate, and that is if the other dealer would trade. I would have needed to put about $1,000 into the Laramie to add features it didn't come with that I would want. Considering this and the not getting invoice-HB on a locate, it was only a couple thousand difference even with the slightly better incentives on Laramie (0% plus $1250), so a no brainer.

The truck will look like this, but not as optioned (and I will get the chrome bumpers, not body color, as they are more resistant to chips):

Curious as to why you're trading after only a year or so with your 2020. I've noticed since joining the forum that some owners upgrade / trade in frequently. I kept my last truck for 20 years before buying my Ram in January. Actually, still have that Dakota, and drove it to work today.

WReckeR

Reaction score
I wasn't going to do the protection group but then someone elsewhere showed me that all of those protection parts are like $800 if you buy them later so I just added the $395. Seemed like a no-brainer.

While for $500 more I could have added the off-road group, I just ended up hitting my budget wall and despite being on dirt roads a lot in New Hampshire, I didn't need those features.

EDIT: according to the configurator, you can't do Off-Road Group + Night Edition on a 4x4 6'4" limited so that's probably why I skipped it. I weighed in the black out versus some computer doo-hickeys with the anti-slip and decided to do black out instead.
I think the Off-Road Group isn't compatible with the Limited's Air Suspension...?

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think the Off-Road Group isn't compatible with the Limited's Air Suspension...?

You can add off road group to a limited but you can't combine it with night edition. That's based on the configurator and the extent of my knowledge. It's a good point though. Shouldn't the customer get to pick what suspension they want? Off Road Group w/ springs and at a discount thanks to savings on air suspension OR off road group is cheaper because it maintains air suspension? Which is it?

WReckeR

Reaction score
You can add off road group to a limited but you can't combine it with night edition. That's based on the configurator and the extent of my knowledge. It's a good point though. Shouldn't the customer get to pick what suspension they want? Off Road Group w/ springs and at a discount thanks to savings on air suspension OR off road group is cheaper because it maintains air suspension? Which is it?
The Night Edition does have the 22" wheels, whereas 22" wheels are not suitable for the Off Road Group, which, I believe, has its own wheels and tire combination. So perhaps that is the better / more accurate conclusion than the air suspension.

I sometimes pretend I'll buy a set of 18" wheels and mount aggressive tires for those times I want to venture off pavement, and maybe even from a forum member who's upgrading to aftermarket wheels.

mophead

Reaction score
Can't make this stuff up. My timing for purchasing a vehicle is impeccable. Dealer just told me they can't order Olive Pearl anymore. Hope they are mistaken. :mad:👈

AND the hemi did indeed go up $500

Last edited:

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Night Edition does have the 22" wheels, whereas 22" wheels are not suitable for the Off Road Group, which, I believe, has its own wheels and tire combination. So perhaps that is the better / more accurate conclusion than the air suspension.

I sometimes pretend I'll buy a set of 18" wheels and mount aggressive tires for those times I want to venture off pavement, and maybe even from a forum member who's upgrading to aftermarket wheels.

Last off-topic post for today I promise, but I will be buying a set of 18" OEM wheels from this forum before Winter this year. I always size down on winter wheels. More sidewall for nasty bumps, cheaper tires, save on annual mount + balance costs and I can swap them over in my yard. A lot of people do that up here. Our winter wheels are usually on 6 months out of the year.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious as to why you're trading after only a year or so with your 2020. I've noticed since joining the forum that some owners upgrade / trade in frequently. I kept my last truck for 20 years before buying my Ram in January. Actually, still have that Dakota, and drove it to work today.
Yeah I have noticed, too. The older I get the shorter it seems I keep vehicles even though I buy new the last ten years or so. Used to keep 6 or so years (but bought 6 to 8 years old). A 2010 Equinox was 7 years, 2014 Edge 4.5. My 2018 F150 was 2.5. Usually it is repairs or the market that gets me to switch.

I would have kept the 2020 for 5+ but I bought the deal and not the truck. Getting into a non-eTorque because I don't like the regenerative braking. 26 gallon tank is the same as my old truck and I was fine with that (but 23 gallon is a noticeable drop). Also miss navigation even though factory nav isn't the best normally, but not a fan of carplay for a few reasons.

Would not be doing the switch if not for the crazy used market right now ($4100 more on trade than what I paid) and 0% saving about $2500 additional. Wanted to order another Laramie but blind spot is very important to me, so I went Limited.

WReckeR

Reaction score
Yeah I have noticed, too. The older I get the shorter it seems I keep vehicles even though I buy new the last ten years or so. Used to keep 6 or so years (but bought 6 to 8 years old). A 2010 Equinox was 7 years, 2014 Edge 4.5. My 2018 F150 was 2.5. Usually it is repairs or the market that gets me to switch.

I would have kept the 2020 for 5+ but I bought the deal and not the truck. Getting into a non-eTorque because I don't like the regenerative braking. 26 gallon tank is the same as my old truck and I was fine with that (but 23 gallon is a noticeable drop). Also miss navigation even though factory nav isn't the best normally, but not a fan of carplay for a few reasons.

Would not be doing the switch if not for the crazy used market right now ($4100 more on trade than what I paid) and 0% saving about $2500 additional. Wanted to order another Laramie but blind spot is very important to me, so I went Limited.
Having never had a Blind Spot sensor, I can say that it definitely helps with this big truck. I could probably force myself over, I'm sure there's a space buffer there, but it's nice relying on the truck to tell me, yeah, it's clear. And for the lower cars, it's essential.

I also like the cross-traffic alert when backing out of my driveway or a parking lot space. That's gotten me to brake immediately more than once, and always accurate, a car IS coming!

I think I could get $7000 more for my Laramie than I paid for it, but a big chunk of that is eaten by taxes I paid, and I'd have to pay taxes a 2nd time on the next one. Further, I'd also have to upgrade to the Limited. I'm sure I won't miss the air suspension, and I'm neutral/indifferent on the aesthetic differences such as the wood trim steering wheel and stitching. I like the padded one on the Laramie. The only thing I'm curious about is whether or not the projector LED headlights are any better than the reflector type on the Laramie.

The tight trade-in/used market right now is amazing though. Lots of folks getting great deals!

r0bd

Reaction score
Custom ordered today!
2021 Ram 1500 Limited
Night edition
eTorque HEMI
Limited Level 1
BUG
Technology group
Panoramic sunroof

MSRP $71,870
Negotiated $60,188 (16.25% off)

Price Includes: 0% for 72
$500 capital cash
$750 coupon (previous jeep purchase)
$500 first responder

Without incentives price offered was 6% below invoice for custom order. Highly recommend!!!! No haggle or negotiation. Second time I’ve ordered from Jason.

This is in Forest Park IL at Hawk CDJ

Jason Beltran - [email protected]
I'm on the fence if the BUG is worth it on a Limited. I was going back and forth between Laramie and Limited and realized that adding the option to a Limited only seems to add Tie-Down hooks and Bed-Step as the Limited already has the Spray-In Bedliner by Mopar® and Pick-Up Box LED Lighting standard.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm on the fence if the BUG is worth it on a Limited. I was going back and forth between Laramie and Limited and realized that adding the option to a Limited only seems to add Tie-Down hooks and Bed-Step as the Limited already has the Spray-In Bedliner by Mopar® and Pick-Up Box LED Lighting standard.

I didn't think the bed lighting was standard on Limited and was part of the BUG? Either way, I had the bed lighting on my former F-150 and never found it valuable even one time. But I opted for the BUG on my Limited order (only other option I got was the engine block heater) because for $445 I thought it was worth it for the bed step and extra tie downs. Just the MOPAR bed step is $350 and aftermarket $350, and need to be installed. The bed step is especially helpful.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Incentives are up: https://www.ramtrucks.com/incentives/offers-model.html?ccode=CUT202120DT6H41A

Here's the Limited for my zip code:
fTSXB1X.png

(note it says by 6/1/2021 at the bottom) I can't find if 0% has been extended again of it's it's "Truck Month" for the 3rd month in a row :p

mophead

Reaction score
I decided to forego it on the Laramie. It knocked the price down so I can better afford it. I can get it Linex'd for $400 here and the Mopar bed divider ($260) and rails ($250), yep more at $910, but with the divider too. I'll get them piecemeal as I can afford them. So it is marginal value depending how you look at it. I also considered build time for factory orders. The BUG and decals are post build. Don't know how much time that adds but I'll already be waiting far too long.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Uh-Oh, looks like you guys are going to 3.33%. 0% is GONE

XBpEWQZ.png

The TRX only promotion shows 3.33% s does the configurator for Limited. let's see once the main Ram.com site updates.

shNT8OG.png

Users who are viewing this thread