5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just put my deposit down with Aaron and made my order official.

2021 longhorn 1500
MSRP: $70,995
Discounted to $61,454
Tread lightly: $500
Rebates: $1,750
Penfed: $1,000
Price after current rebates/before fees and taxes: $58,204

Aaron did mention that using the penfed coupon could change the rebate amount, if the rebate changes between now and when I receive the coupon. Hopefully though if anything it will go up, considering $1,750 isn't a huge rebate. Also hoping I get that $1,000 coupon of the ram website, not sure if I could even add that to the other coupon but it would be nice to have the possibility.

As the deal stands right now, getting a little over 18% off MSRP.

Just got my vin # from Aaron, also inquired what exactly I would lose if I opted for 0%. I figured it would be the rebates and coupons, but apparently it would only be $500 of the $1,750 rebate. So as of now I'll be looking into switching over to 0% tomorrow. Confirmed if the rebate should go up by some large amount, I can opt to switch back to the full rebate without the 0%. Aaron has been great thus far, and another thanks to Silent Bob and the others in this thread.

L2R512

Reaction score

Horty222

Reaction score
The better of the two deals is the MSRP of $53,150

45,625 is a 14.15% decrease of 53,150.

They could do better, especially on a Big Horn.

Tread Lightly is $100, Access Fund is $50

You can find invoice pricing for your model and all factory options at one of these websites.
NADA Guides - LINK
Car Connection - LINK
Looks like they did give me a better price than invoice?
Screenshot_20210310-093503_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210309-153716_Gallery.jpg

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
That’s right, even peeps “on the other side” acknowledge that RAM is a clearly superior truck!
I do like what Ford has done with the F150 and did get creative. Their interior is certainly well above their past vehicles and I do like a fully digital dash screen versus mechanical dials. Not sure RAM will do that for 2022, but I am betting that by 2023 the upper trim RAMs will have a computer screen for a dash setup. I'm just not sure I could get myself to buy a Ford.

enigmaaron

Reaction score
Maybe this will get it back on track... my built to order Ram 1500 Laramie came in late yesterday. Ordered from Aaron at Mark Dodge in LA.

MSRP: $63,520
Sale price: $54,748
Rebates: -$2,000 (in combination with 0% for 72mo)
Doc fee: $200
Total: $52,948 = 16.64% off
PA Tax: $3,164.88
PA TT: $398
Total out the door: $56,510.88

Hasn't shipped yet, he currently has it out to bid at $1000 to get to me in southeast PA. Said it might take $1200.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Maybe this will get it back on track... my built to order Ram 1500 Laramie came in late yesterday. Ordered from Aaron at Mark Dodge in LA.

MSRP: $63,520
Sale price: $54,748
Rebates: -$2,000 (in combination with 0% for 72mo)
Doc fee: $200
Total: $52,948 = 16.64% off
PA Tax: $3,164.88
PA TT: $398
Total out the door: $56,510.88

Hasn't shipped yet, he currently has it out to bid at $1000 to get to me in southeast PA. Said it might take $1200.
I think there might be a job opportunity for me to deliver new trucks. $1.2K from La to Pa? Hmmm, that seems high.

You’d have to read back several pages and see what others paid for shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Maybe...if some folks can just let go like they were told;)

>16% is a very solid deal and 0% to boot. How many miles is it from the shipping point to destination? I have a relationship with a car shipper that gives me killer deals. Happy to price it out for you if interested.
That would be great if you could help him and others out!

enigmaaron

Reaction score
Maybe...if some folks can just let go like they were told;)

>16% is a very solid deal and 0% to boot. How many miles is it from the shipping point to destination? I have a relationship with a car shipper that gives me killer deals. Happy to price it out for you if interested.

1,388 according to google. I'm happy with the price on the truck since I was also able to get the Southwest Edition going with Aaron. Since I wanted pretty much everything in that package it saved me a little over $1,000.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
1,388 according to google. I'm happy with the price on the truck since I was also able to get the Southwest Edition going with Aaron. Since I wanted pretty much everything in that package it saved me a little over $1,000.
Hmmm, 1388 miles / 100 = 13.8 stops at McD’s. That would cost me too much and fill up the back seat with empty wrappers/cups/bits of french fries.
Guess I’ll let you ship it.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
PM me and I'll see if my numbers can beat anyone else. The guy I use is a great provider out of TX and is fully insured. I believe they insure against damage at no additional charge up to $150K. They are well known and highly respected in the auto transport business. No money in this for me and you will work directly with them...just trying to help a bunch of Forum buds save money if I can :)

Last edited:

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmmm, 1388 miles / 100 = 13.8 stops at McD’s. That would cost me too much and fill up the back seat with empty wrappers/cups/bits of french fries.
Guess I’ll let you ship it.

My trip down there is going to top 1,500 miles, and 3,000 miles round trip in 5 days. I can sell my truck up here for a little more than trade in value, but not enough to offset losing the trade in tax credit or the additional cost to ship up here or fly/drive. New truck will get broken in on the drive home and will probably change the oil at that point as well.

Jeepdinger

Reaction score
PM me and I'll see if my numbers can beat anyone else. The guy I use is a great provider out of TX and is fully insured. I believe they insure against damage at no additional charge up to $150K. They are well known and highly respected in the auto transport business. No money in this for me and you will work directly with them...just trying to help a bunch of Forum buds save money if I can :)
Might want to contact them and see if they will be a forum sponsor. Then we can start a new thread for best shipping deals.

Users who are viewing this thread