5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

4sallypat

Reaction score
they don't negotiate on the rebel as much ive seen, guessing they are more popular, another suggestion, wait till the last 2 days of the month and just go directly to the store or internet manager, cut out the middleman bs, and it also helps if you dont ever get emotionally attached to a car, I trade every 2 years so it never hurts my feelings to be told no, ive lost 50k deals over a few hundreds bucks and could give 2 cents either way

A good strategy to wait till the last 2 days of the week.
Get to see which dealer is "hungry" for a sale that month?

I found 2 Rebels - one with Ramboxes and the other without.
Will go in the last days of the month for a deal.

Luckily I am not in a need now situation - I can wait - have a few months left on my current lease...

Reaction score
A good strategy to wait till the last 2 days of the week.
Get to see which dealer is "hungry" for a sale that month?

I found 2 Rebels - one with Ramboxes and the other without.
Will go in the last days of the month for a deal.

Luckily I am not in a need now situation - I can wait - have a few months left on my current lease...

I'm not in a need now situation either, and thanks for the tip on waiting till the last days of the month. With my last truck (GMC Canyon) I was in a need now, and wasn't able to negotiate too much. I feel like I got an ok deal, but nothing stellar. This next truck will be around +15k more than I spent last time around, so I want to get a good deal obviously.

I'm working with a couple of local dealers now and taking the price match approach. We'll see if they bite.

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
Huh. I'll just say that location certainly matters and Texas (broadly speaking) is pretty well known for giving the largest discounts on pickups. Also, I'm not sure how well trying to get a local dealer to match a dealer on the other side of the country will work for you.

Those things certainly don't work for me in Cal: dealers laugh, say that the quote comes from an entirely different market with different rebates and incentives, and if I want to deal with the sales tax, delivery, and registration issues for buying out of state, that's my choice. I know the People's Republic of California is a bit extreme, but so are lots of other states when it comes to vehicles.

So, take that for what it's worth.

DaYooper

Reaction score
I picked up my factory order Limited yesterday from Tyson Motors in Shorewood, Illinois. I dealt with Jason Beltran almost entirely via email except to confirm the details via phone before submitting a deposit. Placed the order on 10/9 and arrived at dealer 11/12. The sticker price of my truck was $66,200 and the invoice was $60,411.

Here is how the math worked out:

$66,200.00 - MSRP
($11,225.99) - Dealer discount

$54,974.01 - This is 9% below invoice
($ 1,000.00) - Black Friday incentive
($ 1,000.00) - Conquest incentive
($ 250.00) - Bonus RAM cash

$52,724.01 - Sales price before dealer fees
$ 175.94 - Document fee
$ 199.00 - Dealer prep fee and wheel locks

$53,098.95 - Final price plus TT&L

Notes:
I had no trade as I elected to keep my GMC Sierra 1500 and just sell it outright.
I had to have an affiliate code or $100 Tread Lightly membership. I paid $100 for Tread Lightly which gets you other discounts plus a T-shirt.
I opted for the 36 months @ 0% plus $1,000 rebate vs the $1,500 rebate as a better deal financially.
I had a $1,000 PenFed and $500 Sams Club incentive, but they couldn't get either to combine with the affiliate pricing program they use to get 9% below invoice.
I initially passed on a Mopar extended service plan and was later offered a better price that ended up being the same as the "PAYINFULL" deal posted elsewhere.
I confirmed with Jason that the 9% below invoice applies to most RAM's although I know there are exceptions.

Last edited:

Grunkster

Reaction score
What was your conquest incentive of 1k? They told me mine was $500 on a lease conquest

Grunkster

Reaction score
Maybe I didn't explain correctly...mine was a purchase as well, but I turned in a lease (hence the lease conquest)

DaYooper

Reaction score
Maybe I didn't explain correctly...mine was a purchase as well, but I turned in a lease (hence the lease conquest)

Ok, got ya. I currently own a GMC Sierra and the $1000 was for owning a competing brand of truck. I just had to show them my current registration.

Reaction score
I'm starting to think my low offers are too low. $61k MSRP, and I'm asking for $49,500. Is that just crazy and I'll probably never get that? I really want a Limited, but need to keep the purchase price under $50k.

daemlar

Reaction score
First time poster here. Thanks to all who have given their input, and helped with my research and negotiations!

@OldTNHillbilly , I've run into the same problem as you with the Limited negotiations, and was targeting around the same price point.

Local dealers aren't budging much regardless of my attempts. I guess business is good!

The best I was able to get it down to was around $54K Adjusted Price on a Limited 4X2 w/ sunroof and 22" wheels. I'm not thrilled with the RWD for resale purposes, but its still a good deal I think. The balance of my trade-in will get it down to around $51K.

I'm headed to the dealership this morning to sign the paperwork. Approved with 1% financing with a local Credit Union, bill of sale drafted and check issued, insurance binder set. As long as I don't get flack on my trade-in, it should be a done deal.

I'll update you with the final numbers this evening, and hopefully pics of my new baby.

- Daemlar

Users who are viewing this thread