5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

arandal45

Reaction score
Hi guys I am new around here and am working on my first deal for a 1500. I did see some people post about receiving an email for an additional $100k off from Ram. Does anyone know how to get one of those or want to forward on if not using lol?

Also to add and tips in negotiating would be very much appreciated!

Last edited:

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi guys I am new around here and am working on my first deal for a 1500. I did see some people post about receiving an email for an additional $100k off from Ram. Does anyone know how to get one of those or want to forward on if not using lol?

Unfortunately the coupons aren’t transferable unless to an immediate family member in the same household.

As far as getting one, I just signed up to receive updates via the Ram website. I didn’t get the coupon immediately...it was probably a month or two after I initially signed up.

Reactions: Rau

jastevenson

Reaction score
Do you remember what you put on for your purchase time frame? It asks if you plan to purchase in 1 month, 2-3 months, 4-6 months, and 7-12 months. Wondering which I should pick to maximize my chances of getting an offer :)

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you remember what you put on for your purchase time frame? It asks if you plan to purchase in 1 month, 2-3 months, 4-6 months, and 7-12 months. Wondering which I should pick to maximize my chances of getting an offer :)

I put within a month. Keep in mind that there is a limited window to use the coupon. I believe the one I received expires early November.

I was also reaching out to multiple dealers through their websites, so I’m not sure if that had anything to do with receiving the coupon as well.

Zachdaddy

Reaction score
Little update to the deal I’m working on:

spoke to the salesman earlier today and he told me I’d be qualifying for these incentives...of course the $500 Chrysler Cap is only if I finance through them. With that incentive it brings the price to $42,853 before TTL

Attachments

• 79881272-D15F-4E7B-8BD0-A0B7531FF2D6.jpeg
    79881272-D15F-4E7B-8BD0-A0B7531FF2D6.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 82

2 Pulled Hammys

Reaction score
Little update to the deal I’m working on:

spoke to the salesman earlier today and he told me I’d be qualifying for these incentives...of course the $500 Chrysler Cap is only if I finance through them. With that incentive it brings the price to $42,853 before TTL
Pretty good on the rebates. There may be a little meat left on the bone with the dealer discount, but I think the theme in this thread is dealers in the northeast won’t discount as much. They’re probably offering at or close to invoice. How badly do you want this specific truck? Just my opinion, but I doubt they’ll get to the 10% dealer discount others have mentioned in this market. Another 500-1k may be possible. You could also build one online, get a quote from Craig, and use it as leverage. Good luck.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Currently in talks with a dealer over a level 1 laramie 2021. His initial numbers are in black, my offered numbers are in red. Anyone think I can get them to agree to this? I definitely want the trade in bumped to 41k but the 51k selling price seems like a stretch.

1600723894802.png

Rau

Reaction score
Currently in talks with a dealer over a level 1 laramie 2021. His initial numbers are in black, my offered numbers are in red. Anyone think I can get them to agree to this? I definitely want the trade in bumped to 41k but the 51k selling price seems like a stretch.

View attachment 69367

Where is this dealership?
I think 10K is very possible total discount here in Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am up in Washington. Dealership located about an hour south of Seattle. They came back sticking with $55k. Told them if they can improve that number substantially I will look else where. Plenty of places trying to sell trucks. Also; the price I am negotiating right now is before any rebates take effect so it could very well be 12,500 off when it gets delivered.
Where is this dealership?
I think 10K is very possible total discount here in Texas.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Also to add and tips in negotiating would be very much appreciated!
I received a $500 rebate because I requested a brochure via the good old USPS and fortunately the timing was good as there is a time span in which it must be utilized.

Rau

Reaction score
I received a $500 rebate because I requested a brochure via the good old USPS and fortunately the timing was good as there is a time span in which it must be utilized.

Can you please share the details? I am planning to buy in Oct-Dec and would be glad to collect all possible rebates.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am up in Washington. Dealership located about an hour south of Seattle. They came back sticking with $55k. Told them if they can improve that number substantially I will look else where. Plenty of places trying to sell trucks. Also; the price I am negotiating right now is before any rebates take effect so it could very well be 12,500 off when it gets delivered.

That’s the thing though, from what I’ve gathered, there aren’t “plenty of places trying to sell trucks.” Now, that’s not a blanket statement for the entire country, but we’re still in this weird pandemic marketplace where inventory levels are still rebounding. Thus, dealers aren’t as willing to discount as heavily as they usually do.

2021 trucks are just starting to hit the lots...dealerships aren’t going to be discounting them heavily. Add in that you’re looking at a higher trim level (Laramie) which typically don’t see as big of discounts as trims such as the Big Horn. I’d say you’d be extremely lucky to be get to $10K off. There are guys that are still having trouble getting to $10K off a Big Horn, which previously was fairly easy to do.

Edit: So the $6K in savings listed is just a dealer discount? No factory rebates included In That?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s the thing though, from what I’ve gathered, there aren’t “plenty of places trying to sell trucks.” Now, that’s not a blanket statement for the entire country, but we’re still in this weird pandemic marketplace where inventory levels are still rebounding. Thus, dealers aren’t as willing to discount as heavily as they usually do.

2021 trucks are just starting to hit the lots...dealerships aren’t going to be discounting them heavily. Add in that you’re looking at a higher trim level (Laramie) which typically don’t see as big of discounts as trims such as the Big Horn. I’d say you’d be extremely lucky to be get to $10K off. There are guys that are still having trouble getting to $10K off a Big Horn, which previously was fairly easy to do.

Edit: So the $6K in savings listed is just a dealer discount? No factory rebates included In That?
That is correct. 6k is what theyre at right now prior to rebates or incentives.

Jako

Reaction score
Can you please share the details? I am planning to buy in Oct-Dec and would be glad to collect all possible rebates.

Unfortunately it was 2 years ago or very close to it and my recall of the circumstances is pretty much non existent as far a timeline for requesting it and receiving it. I know I requested a brochure via the USPS. I did do 2 as I used my dad's name and address and my own. His came in first but because it was a different address that one was not useable but if I was living in the household I would have been able to use it. I ended up receiving one in my name and address in the correct timeline and it was for $500. I can't recall but it may have been a mail in request that was sent to me from shopping the Ram and than I may have requested mine via the internet. Check out the Ram website and internet for brochures sent the old fashion way. Best of luck.

Reactions: Rau

EJ84

Reaction score
Is there a number you can call to talk to someone to find out exactly what rebates and incentives I qualify for?
Thanks

Jako

Reaction score
Is there a number you can call to talk to someone to find out exactly what rebates and incentives I qualify for?
Thanks
Don't have a phone number but go to the bottom of the page under "Cost". Incentives are listed.

Rau

Reaction score
f1f9918eed2f0c8830e86c3888ef3d28.jpg

Are they giving 0% for 60 months Laramie?

oasis2020

Reaction score
New guy here, grateful big time for the sage advice on this thread. Coming out of a 13 2500 cumins mega cab that’s been awesome and going to an ecodiesel 1500 longhorn or limited. Msrp are north of 72k. Local dealer tonight offered Dealer discount 9700 off before any factory incentives which I have just a few thousand I think other than the 1k usaa rebate thanks to this forum. I’m in sw Fl. On the limited and longhorns, curious to learn if anyone’s getting better. ????
Travel ready, I’m looking for a good reason to road trip.
thanks for feedback!

baccigalup

Reaction score
Seeing these numbers. I am almost considering dumbing down to a loaded bighorn and saving 12g on the leather.....the affiliate discount is ok but not where I hoped to be. Seeing you guys with under 55k is making me think twice, do I need the laramie if I get a loaded bighorn? Resale will probably be about the same anyway. I would consider rebel but I really did not like how it felt so airy.on the bumps compared to the laramie. I dont like the air suspension.. i might have to test drive a bighorn and see if i se a big difference in the drive to negate the cost difference. What am missing some trim and fender flares and heated back seats?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 69367
I just got them to 40k for my trade in and 54,340 for the new truck before TTL and rebates/incentives.

Users who are viewing this thread