5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

2 Pulled Hammys

Reaction score
I will be contacting the salesman today to get a full breakdown of what rebates are within that price but I know I qualify for all of the general incentives so ~5500-6000 at least from what i can find, Edmunds has a whole list but I don’t qualify for any conquests since I don’t own another vehicle. Last month when I spoke with this dealer they did break down the price a bit and when I asked them to add the $500 trucar incentive they told me they couldn’t find my account and that I’d have to prove I have an account when I go there...in my head I though that was shady. If drive 3 hours to do anything I want all the work done before I get there just like you I’d pick it up and road trip home.
The other weird thing is my taxes don’t add up, they are quoting me at 4,344.60 In just taxes not including tags. Taxes in Suffolk county NY are 8.625% so on a price of $43,343 taxes should only be 3,738 and change so I’m not sure where the extra 606 comes from I’ll have to ask that as well. I’ll post an update later on when I get in contact with sales.

Side note how do you like the etorque so far?
eTorque isn’t something I was necessarily seeking or avoiding, I just ruled out anything with 23 gallon tank. So far so good. Everything I test drove had eTorque and as someone who generally hates stop/start, I was skeptical at first but this system is buttery smooth and instantaneous. Ironically, it seemed that I couldn’t catch any red lights on my drive home yesterday when I was wanting to see it in action. A good bit of my driving is stop and go in a small city, so I think the system could be beneficial for me, but I’m not expecting miracles either.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
eTorque isn’t something I was necessarily seeking or avoiding, I just ruled out anything with 23 gallon tank. So far so good. Everything I test drove had eTorque and as someone who generally hates stop/start, I was skeptical at first but this system is buttery smooth and instantaneous. Ironically, it seemed that I couldn’t catch any red lights on my drive home yesterday when I was wanting to see it in action. A good bit of my driving is stop and go in a small city, so I think the system could be beneficial for me, but I’m not expecting miracles either.
I had the same problem trying to test the Start/Stop when I was test driving it before I purchased it yesterday. Couldn't hit a red light long enough to cause the system to start/stop. Too funny! I will give a go today and see if I have better luck. Might just pull into an empty parking lot and stop for a few seconds to see if it kicks in.

reidcc

Reaction score
You have a far better amount of rebates than I do here in Mass. They have the standard amount of like 5K in rebates, plus there is a Northeast BC Conquest rebate of $2K for trading in ANY GM vehicle. It shows good until 9/30, but for some reason I did not qualify for this one. I've written back to dealer to ask why.

Good job on your truck!

Chris

2020 Big Horn 4x4 Crew, Short Bed, Flame Red, Night Edition, eTorque 5.7, 3.92, 26 gallon tank, Trailer Brake Control

MSRP - $51165
Dealer Discount - $3224 (6.3%)
Rebates - $8500 (16.6% - $2K National Retail, $1K National Retail, $1K Power Days, $1K V8, $500 CCap, $1K Mid-Atlantic CCap, $500 Mid-Atlantic Loyalty Owner, $500 TrueCar, $1K Dealer Coupons)
Total - $39400 +$599 Doc fee (I know) + TTL = $41866.28 OTD
CCap Financing - 72 months at 4.29%, will be refinancing

Rau

Reaction score
I picked up my 2021 Limited Longhorn 10th Anniversary Edition yesterday. I wanted to start at invoice and then add in the incentives, but I am not a great negotiator, so they offered 6.5% off MSRP plus $2,000 in incentives ($1,000 Ram Cash and $1,000 USAA Bonus). The only other bummer was that my trade-in was $1,000 less than I had hoped, so I was about $3,000 over what I had hoped to get. Total discount off MSRP is 9% ($71,795 MSRP; $65,198.5 cash price), but I am still happy because the truck is far nicer than I had imagined and is worth every penny I am paying. View attachment 69176

Do you have HUD? I would like to ask if you can make a few photos. I can’t find any information about what exactly is being projected by HUD on RAM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HollowBeers

Reaction score
I’m seeing some 2020 4x2 etourque non 33 gallon limited’s advertised for $51-53g’s. Some have panos and ramboxes, some don’t. Build dates are around 7/02 (19 or 20 I can’t tell). Time to strike or hold? I would be losing the advertised rebate for conquest but it could be replaced with the USAA discount. Thoughts on Bluebonnet in New Braunfels, TX? Thanks!

artu4bbk

Reaction score
I got a new 2020 1500 limited, with 5.7 hemi (no etorque), advanced safety group, bumper color, 22 rims... price was $60940... got it last week for $42,900. It was the floor demo, then the managers, it had 2100 miles... trade in a 2015 murano platinum, and got 17k all equity, got free weather tech mats, and extended bumper to bumper warranty for $2000 ($100 ded, and 120k miles). Dealerships added 500 for tint and nitrogen (which the vehicle had installed already and the dealer did not waived the fee and i did not wanted to be pushy). Out the door with all financed 29k and change. I had to drive 6 hours each way from south Texas to north east Texas to get the deal. Same options and model where I live cheapest was 51k.
Where in Texas and what dealership?

Rambunktious

Reaction score
Do you have HUD? I would like to ask if you can make a few photos. I can’t find any information about what exactly is being projected by HUD on RAM.

I do. I will post some when I get back from visiting the cousins this afternoon. I am also going to try wearing my polarized sunglasses. I read somewhere that the polarized sunglasses affect the visibility but the Oakley's I was wearing yesterday did not have any affect on my ability to see the HUD. I should post the pics by early this evening.

Reactions: Rau

baccigalup

Reaction score
I picked up my 2021 Limited Longhorn 10th Anniversary Edition yesterday. I wanted to start at invoice and then add in the incentives, but I am not a great negotiator, so they offered 6.5% off MSRP plus $2,000 in incentives ($1,000 Ram Cash and $1,000 USAA Bonus). The only other bummer was that my trade-in was $1,000 less than I had hoped, so I was about $3,000 over what I had hoped to get. Total discount off MSRP is 9% ($71,795 MSRP; $65,198.5 cash price), but I am still happy because the truck is far nicer than I had imagined and is worth every penny I am paying. View attachment 69176
Beautiful. Truck. Congrats......i am kind of partial to the night edition but I would find it hard to pass that up.

Rau

Reaction score
I do. I will post some when I get back from visiting the cousins this afternoon. I am also going to try wearing my polarized sunglasses. I read somewhere that the polarized sunglasses affect the visibility but the Oakley's I was wearing yesterday did not have any affect on my ability to see the HUD. I should post the pics by early this evening.

I think you won’t see it in polarized glasses. I have HUD on my BMW and can see only 10-20% of projections in polarized glasses.

Looking forward to see your photos. Did they integrate navi and CarPlay with HUD.

Rambunktious

Reaction score

Hey! I took a picture of the HUD while parked in the driveway after it got a little darker. The picture is of the Advanced setting and includes the speed, speed limit, navigation, and barely visible at the bottom is the lane sense image. I also posted a zoomed in image of the HUD as well. The settings for the HUD are at max brightness in the picture, but the photo does not do it justice. The lane sense and navigation is much easier to see in person than in this photo. There are 3 preset views: Simple (speed & speed limit), Standard (speed, speed limit & navigation), and Advanced (speed, speed limit, navigation, driver assist) (that's the view in my pictures). The manual also says there are 4 custom settings (the 3 above plus an Advanced version that includes the gear), but I didn't play with the custom settings to see how they look. I hope this helps HUD - Normal Picture.jpg HUD - Zoomed In.JPG .

Rambunktious

Reaction score
I think you won’t see it in polarized glasses. I have HUD on my BMW and can see only 10-20% of projections in polarized glasses.

Looking forward to see your photos. Did they integrate navi and CarPlay with HUD.

You're right about the polarized glasses. I could barely see the speed, and the speed limit/navigation is not visible at all. I could see all three much better with my other Oakley's. I have one more pair that I plan on trying tomorrow to see how they do. I do want to note that the HUD display brightness was at six when I was driving today, so I pumped it up to ten for tomorrow's test. I will bring both the polarized ones and the other pair to see if there is any noticeable difference with the brighter display. Also, there is nothing in the manual or the settings about CarPlay or any radio settings at all, but the navigation is there, sort of. On the bottom right of the settings, it displays your location, but that's it. No maps or directions; just the street or highway where you are currently located.

Rau

Reaction score
You're right about the polarized glasses. I could barely see the speed, and the speed limit/navigation is not visible at all. I could see all three much better with my other Oakley's. I have one more pair that I plan on trying tomorrow to see how they do. I do want to note that the HUD display brightness was at six when I was driving today, so I pumped it up to ten for tomorrow's test. I will bring both the polarized ones and the other pair to see if there is any noticeable difference with the brighter display. Also, there is nothing in the manual or the settings about CarPlay or any radio settings at all, but the navigation is there, sort of. On the bottom right of the settings, it displays your location, but that's it. No maps or directions; just the street or highway where you are currently located.

There’s a little trick to see HUD projection with polarized glasses. Just tilt your head to left or right and you will see it better.

Rau

Reaction score
Autonation in spring TX

Who was your sales guy? I bought two Ram with Brian in 2018 and 2019. He made a very good deal for me back then.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
There’s a little trick to see HUD projection with polarized glasses. Just tilt your head to left or right and you will see it better.

I'll give that a try tomorrow when I test the system with the brighter display. Thanks!

OBRedwolf

Reaction score
Big Horn Crew Cab 1500 4X4 MSRP- 55830
Invoice- 52515 (Dealer offered this price + rebates)
-Truck has premium lighting group, towing package, night edition, level 2 equipment w/ 12 in screen, hemi etorque
-Truck also had what the dealer called an "Extreme package" which included new 35 in toyo tires, a leveling kit, sensors, calibrators, alignment, and a wheel lock kit. Dealer claims this is a 4165 dollar upgrade to the msrp (which makes it 59995) and once he gets the invoice for the "Extreme Package" parts and labor add-ons, a price will be determined to add onto the already set invoice price.
Does this invoice price and the additional costs of the "Extreme Package" seem like a good deal? Really interested to see if 4165 is a reasonable price for this "extreme package".

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Big Horn Crew Cab 1500 4X4 MSRP- 55830
Invoice- 52515 (Dealer offered this price + rebates)
-Truck has premium lighting group, towing package, night edition, level 2 equipment w/ 12 in screen, hemi etorque
-Truck also had what the dealer called an "Extreme package" which included new 35 in toyo tires, a leveling kit, sensors, calibrators, alignment, and a wheel lock kit. Dealer claims this is a 4165 dollar upgrade to the msrp (which makes it 59995) and once he gets the invoice for the "Extreme Package" parts and labor add-ons, a price will be determined to add onto the already set invoice price.
Does this invoice price and the additional costs of the "Extreme Package" seem like a good deal? Really interested to see if 4165 is a reasonable price for this "extreme package".

Any dealer-installed accessories/packages, especially lift kits are typically very inflated to net the dealer as much profit as possible. I’d steer clear of it to be honest.

Leveling kits are relatively inexpensive (depends on brand), tires roughly $800-1K, wheel locks $25? ... I’d say they are charging at least 3x what it cost them for that package.

Last edited:

Jgon371

Reaction score
Jose Hernandez, good guy, not the best salesman I have dealt with, but ok. Did not negotiated to much on my favor, he concentrated more on showing the truck technology.

2 Pulled Hammys

Reaction score
Last month when I spoke with this dealer they did break down the price a bit and when I asked them to add the $500 trucar incentive they told me they couldn’t find my account and that I’d have to prove I have an account when I go there...in my head I though that was shady.
Didn’t catch this earlier, but I did not have a TrueCar account. I just saw the banner at the top of the page when browsing some Rams. Clicked it, entered my email address and they emailed me a certificate to give the dealer. Unless I’m misremembering, I don’t think I ever had to create an account.

Rambunktious

Reaction score
Drove the the cousins house yesterday and got to put the eTorque to good use. While the start part is very smooth and almost imperceptible, the engine stop is noticeable. That little jerk as the engine cuts out lets you know that the start/stop is active. :) Overall, though, way smoother than anything else I've driven with start/stop technology, and I love the fact that the start is so smooth that you can't really tell the engine is starting versus just accelerating. Very happy so far. :D

Users who are viewing this thread