5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Panicvector426

Reaction score
Looking at a a 2020 Rebel with an MSRP of 60k.
What's a realistic dealer discount right now?
They're only offering a 3.5K dealer discount.

I just ordered my 2021 rebel last week and the dealer gave me $5000 off plus any incentives that will be available upon taking delivery

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
I just ordered my 2021 rebel last week and the dealer gave me $5000 off plus any incentives that will be available upon taking delivery
Very nice! $5K off a 2021 Rebel that hasn't even been built yet. Which options did you end up ordering?

Panicvector426

Reaction score
Very nice! $5K off a 2021 Rebel that hasn't even been built yet. Which options did you end up ordering?
They took off an extra $750 or so to bring it down to $5000 off MSRP

Attachments

• DAE988EE-6C88-4ED3-ADBA-C370D04B10E9.jpeg
    DAE988EE-6C88-4ED3-ADBA-C370D04B10E9.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 109

Yogi217

Reaction score
Things have been getting worse. I had a solid deal back in April but thought June would be better and id have more money saved. Nope. Shopping now but dealers just don't want to move off rebates and had 2 dealers August promotions will be worse (like they know).

Id like a TRX but i don't want an $80k truck. Would love a Sport/Night Big Horn with trailer brake, 3.92, and anti spin diff. That combinations is damn near impossible to find in a Big Horn around me. Found it in a Laramie and Rebel but now we are at 48-50k. I have found 4 in the Classics but they are 38k!!!!
I was having trouble finding my unicorn as well.

I ended up giving up on the 3.92s and i decided that I will do the trailer break controller after the fact since you can have your local service department do it for a few hundred bucks. I also had to give up my hopes on the ORG....

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Boykin2

Reaction score
Does anyone have specifics on how the Sams Club cash allowance appears? I went to the link last week and joined. Went to auto buying and built a truck to see how to get the offer but can’t figure it out. I’ve contacted Sams and truecar and still can’t find it. thanks

Boykin2

Reaction score
I screenshot all my chats with Sams reps and when I contacted Truecar by phone she said the offer was pulled a few weeks back? Sams had already told me that it would be honored since it was clearly on the current refer a friend email
E10D4371-7740-447E-B3A2-7F93F314A986.jpeg AC51378C-9503-430A-A2C7-8DB54B5CA9C6.png

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
They took off an extra $750 or so to bring it down to $5000 off MSRP

Wow so the base price of the Rebel went up $580 from 2020 BUT the 33-gallon fuel tank ($445 option in 2020) is included now in the Rebel base price because it's listed at $0! Pretty sweet! That means the price increase over 2020 is really only $135 if you were planning on getting the 33-gallon fuel tank.

EDIT: I see the price of the HEMI went up $300 for the Rebel from 2020 and the 2021 replaces the Safety and Convenience Group ($895) with the Advanced Safety Group ($1695) and the BUG went up $100 so the cost increase is $1335 but includes the 33-gallon fuel tank standard so that's still cool.

Last edited:

Wsmith

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I am looking at a 2020 Bighorn Crew 4x4 with the 5.7 Etorque. It is a night edition with led group, bed utility group, blind spot and Level 2. Only thing it doesn't have is Alpine Audio. MSRP $53,835. Getting it for $42,800 and OTD for $44,000. What does everyone think about this? Thanks!
If that is truly OTD run with it, better than I got.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Dude, this thing is fully loaded! The only thing you're missing is the MFT and the new trailer group!

It's loaded but believe it or not, it's not fully loaded actually. He could still add the Air Suspension, Trailer Two Group, Tri-fold Tonneau, Multi-Function Tailgate, Black Side Steps, Exterior and Hood Graphics. That's a total of $6,575 in options (not counting eTorque or EcoDiesel) so unless some of those things are now standard on the 2021 Rebel (only thing I could tell that changed was the 33-gallon seems standard now), he could have spent quite a bit more (not saying he should have..haha). A fully loaded 2020 Rebel (eTorque) is $70,555! Interestingly, a loaded 2020 Limited with ORG is $69,855 so Ram is strange with their pricing as the premium interior of the Limited, the rear cooled seats as part of the Level 1 package (do you even get front cooled seats on the Rebel?), 20" wheels vs. 18" and the power running boards etc. being cheaper than a loaded Rebel makes no sense. A loaded Laramie with the ORG is $70,345 so even that's more than the Limited I referenced...SMH.

Last edited:

Panicvector426

Reaction score
It's loaded but believe it or not, it's not fully loaded actually. He could still add the Air Suspension, Trailer Two Group, Tri-fold Tonneau, Multi-Function Tailgate, Black Side Steps, Exterior and Hood Graphics and 9-Amplified Speakers with Subwoofer. That's a total of $6,575 in options (not counting eTorque or EcoDiesel) so unless some of those things are now standard on the 2021 Rebel (only thing I could tell that changed was the 33-gallon seems standard now), he could have spent quite a bit more (not saying he should have..haha). A fully loaded 2020 Rebel (eTorque) is $70,555! Interestingly, a loaded 2020 Limited with ORG is $69,855 so Ram is strange with their pricing as the premium interior of the Limited, the rear cooled seats as part of the Level 1 package (do you even get front cooled seats on the Rebel?), 20" wheels vs. 18" and the power running boards etc. being cheaper than a loaded Rebel makes no sense. A loaded Laramie with the ORG is $70,345 so even that's more than the Limited I referenced...SMH.
I didn’t want the air suspension because this truck is going to get a 6” lift and 37s as soon as I pick it up and the air suspension with a lift is just a huge headache, I have no use for the trailer group as I’m very well experienced with towing a trailer and chances are there will probably be issues with that group being brand new, the truck will also be getting AMP power running boards and an MX4 tonneau cover as soon as I pick it up, I don’t like the graphics or the multi function tailgate, and the rebel 12 package comes with the 19 speaker Harmon Kardon system.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
I didn’t want the air suspension because this truck is going to get a 6” lift and 37s as soon as I pick it up and the air suspension with a lift is just a huge headache, I have no use for the trailer group as I’m very well experienced with towing a trailer and chances are there will probably be issues with that group being brand new, the truck will also be getting AMP power running boards and an MX4 tonneau cover as soon as I pick it up, I don’t like the graphics or the multi function tailgate, and the rebel 12 package comes with the 19 speaker Harmon Kardon system.

No worries man I'm not throwing shade at you because you didn't check every box I was just responding to let that poster know a loaded Rebel costs over $70K which is crazy.

Dramrod

Reaction score
Anyone else think the rebates will be better tomorrow?

I’m trying to get a Built-To-Serve BH, msrp $56,5k for close to $40k as possible. Only other rebate that i know i qualify for us the $1k Usaa one.
There have been MANY posts about this freight charge, but it still appears obtuse for me.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I’m trying to get a Built-To-Serve BH, msrp $56,5k for close to $40k as possible. Only other rebate that i know i qualify for us the $1k Usaa one.
There have been MANY posts about this freight charge, but it still appears obtuse for me.

August rebates won’t be posted until Tuesday at the earliest. July’s rebates are good through 8/3, so expect August’s rebates to begin on 8/4. And typically it takes a couple days for the rebates to be fully posted on Ram’s website.

On another note, where are you located to be looking at getting a BTS for nearly $17K off? That might be a little difficult to accomplish. I’m not saying it’s not possible, but I too am looking for a BTS and from my experience dealers aren’t nearly as eager to discount them because of their “limited edition” nature.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score

Even though the factories are pushing out inventory, it is a slow resupply.
I suspect since these trucks are still selling, they will wait at least one more month before "start" getting better.
Thats my 2 cents.

Paultg

Reaction score
Even though the factories are pushing out inventory, it is a slow resupply.
I suspect since these trucks are still selling, they will wait at least one more month before "start" getting better.
Thats my 2 cents.
To add to this; any 2020 that shows up for inventory now (not already sold) is in pretty high demand, because the other option for a buyer is to wait 8-10 weeks for a 2021. The 2021s won’t be hitting lots until October at the earliest I suspect, since production doesn’t start until 9/1/20. There is still another 4-weeks of building 2020 orders and 2020 dealer allocations.

Redd_Jedd

Reaction score
It looks like car pricing sites have got 2021 Ram pricing and configuration data loaded up. Seeing some color options again listed that were available then removed in 2020 and some that were not available on certain models in 2020 - Rebel looks to be available in new colors Delmonico Red Pearlcoat, Olive Green Pearlcoat, Patriot Blue Pearlcoat Walnut Brown Metallic Clearcoat that were not available on that model in 2020.

Cars.com has some basic package, color and MSRP info for the 2021 1500 Rams, but not all individual options are listed - https://www.cars.com/research/ram-1500-2021/trims/

NADA has a bit more info. Configuration is a bit clunky with combining options at this time, but it has more data than Cars.com - https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2021/Ram-Truck/Truck

Anyone have other configuration sites they use?

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
It looks like car pricing sites have got 2021 Ram pricing and configuration data loaded up. Seeing some color options again listed that were available then removed in 2020 and some that were not available on certain models in 2020 - Rebel looks to be available in new colors Delmonico Red Pearlcoat, Olive Green Pearlcoat, Patriot Blue Pearlcoat Walnut Brown Metallic Clearcoat that were not available on that model in 2020.

Cars.com has some basic package, color and MSRP info for the 2021 1500 Rams, but not all individual options are listed - https://www.cars.com/research/ram-1500-2021/trims/

NADA has a bit more info. Configuration is a bit clunky with combining options at this time, but it has more data than Cars.com - https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2021/Ram-Truck/Truck

Anyone have other configuration sites they use?
Yes. Also try Costco Auto and Navy Federal Car Buying Service configurators. Both are missing the new trailer tow group.

Users who are viewing this thread