5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Paultg

Reaction score
I disagree. In TX limiteds have $1500 in rebates at the end of a MY which is horrible. 2021s will have something because Ram wants to get sales with volume from everything they’ve most iver the three months they were shut down and with unemployment so high. 2020s are a year old the second you buy it and the horrible rebates won’t come close to covering the greater depreciation of a one year old vehicle.
I hope your correct, but it’s still a supply / demand game. If they are not discounting 2019 or 2020s yet, I’m not sure they will discount 2021s.
Just have to wait and see. I’m hoping my 2020 on order shows up when the incentives are improved. I’m a bit surprised; it seems they ended ordering 2020s early by about 6-8 weeks. When I ordered on 6/17 they said I could order through end of Aug. Seems something has changed and a few on here are saying you can’t order 2020s anymore. Fingers crossed that works out for me. Mine is definitely a 2020 per the POC sheet.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I disagree. In TX limiteds have $1500 in rebates at the end of a MY which is horrible. 2021s will have something because Ram wants to get sales with volume from everything they’ve most iver the three months they were shut down and with unemployment so high.

2021’s might have something, but I highly doubt it’ll be any better than what’s currently being offered (especially on the upper trims). the factory is still pumping out 2020’s which means dealer inventories will be increasing over the next few months. From what I’m hearing, MY 2020 has a factory build-out date of the end of August (meaning they’ll still be producing MY 2020 trucks until the end of August).

Couple that with the fact the factories will not be shutting down for their usual summer shut-downs, the market will be getting a lot of 2020s. So if anything, rebates/incentives will most-likely go up for the 2020s over the next couple months as inventories increase. But when the 2021s start hitting the lots come this fall, i believe they won’t be heavily discounted... especially on the upper trims such as the longhorns and limiteds.

Ram1981

Reaction score
Ok guys need some advice looking at limited all black trim, the dealer has priced me at $64860 ,after tt&l is at $69403. I want to be around 64k-65k walk out do you guys think that is a good counter

beemerb0y

Reaction score
I assume you meant to say 20% off either lone star or big horn models? The longhorn is in the same class as the Limited, but would be awesome if they were discounting them like the lower trims.
I meant Big Horn not Long Horn, my bad

The Critic

Reaction score
@beemerb0y yeah unfortunately the last couple of months really haven’t been a buyers market with low inventories, however, that doesn’t mean there still aren’t deals to be made. From the sounds of it, the dealer you’ve mentioned basically wants you to pay full MSRP (then minus rebates/incentives) which you should never have to pay full MSRP. I’ve been keeping an eye on inventory levels, and it does appear that they are increasing with a lot of trucks in transit to dealers across the country. If you can wait a few weeks, dealers might be more willing to deal.
If you want to drive up to NorCal, the dealer I purchased my truck from has dealer discounts of $4k-$5.5K + rebates on their rebels.

I purchased my truck from them two weeks ago and they were straight shooters.

beemerb0y

Reaction score
If you want to drive up to NorCal, the dealer I purchased my truck from has dealer discounts of $4k-$5.5K + rebates on their rebels.

I purchased my truck from them two weeks ago and they were straight shooters.

thank you!

biggest issue is how I want it optioned
5.7 hemi, no etorque
Rebel 2
Rebel 12
Safety & convenience group
Comfort & convenience group
Black appearance
Blind spot
33 gallon tank (not a must, but preferred)
Dont care for $1500 pano, dont care for air suspension

the hardest to find is the safety/convenience group (i want forward collision and lane keep assist) and comfort/convenience group (would like memory seats)

most of the 10k off msrps trucks have the eco diesel in it

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
I disagree. In TX limiteds have $1500 in rebates at the end of a MY which is horrible. 2021s will have something because Ram wants to get sales with volume from everything they’ve lost over the three months they were shut down and with unemployment so high. 2020s are a year old the second you buy it and the horrible rebates won’t come close to covering the greater depreciation of a one year old vehicle.
I agree that the rebates on the 2020s right now are pretty meagre. I was able to find a brand new late build 2019 Limited that had pretty much all the options I wanted OTD for over 33% off MSRP. Since I keep my vehicles for 10 - 11 years before I get the itch for a new one, whether it's a 2019 or a 2020 doesn't matter as much for me.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thank you!

5.7 hemi, no etorque
Rebel 2
Rebel 12
Black appearance
Blind spot

the hardest to find is the safety/convenience group (i want forward collision and lane keep assist) and comfort/convenience group (would like memory seats)

What about this Rebel from Simi Valley CDJR? It's currently in transit. Looks like they have two identical trucks coming in. It does have the Pano Sunroof, but checks everything else off your list.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
thank you!

5.7 hemi, no etorque
Rebel 2
Rebel 12
Black appearance
Blind spot

Brian7

Reaction score
I thought I would give a little update on my quest to order from Koons. This is from them:

"The 2021's are not set to start production until August/September. So the it would be a 7-8 week window once they start production. Now I can not promise that. Once I submit the order to the factory, it is beyond my control and have no power of having it build or shipped any quicker."
(Craig Benner has been really straight with me thus far btw.)

Evidently, the window is closed to get the truck in 7-8 weeks. This would mean that the earliest I would receive the truck would be October or November. It has definitely made me rethink this. What everyone has said on here is that in good times, you are OTD $10K below MSRP. I have not been able to find anything less than a few thousand below (and many above!) 7-8 thousand extra is a lot of money to pay because of a seller's market if you can wait. As of today, I think I will wait until this turns around. BTW, I do not currently have a car to drive so this decision is a pain for me. I will continue to look at inventory in the hopes there may be a RAM out there for me at a good price. Good luck to all who are searching as well.
-B

AK103

Reaction score
thank you!

5.7 hemi, no etorque
Rebel 2
Rebel 12
Black appearance
Blind spot

This is literally the truck I've been looking for.
Hopefully you'll have better luck finding it.

ckwolfe11

Reaction score
I thought I would give a little update on my quest to order from Koons. This is from them:

"The 2021's are not set to start production until August/September. So the it would be a 7-8 week window once they start production. Now I can not promise that. Once I submit the order to the factory, it is beyond my control and have no power of having it build or shipped any quicker."
(Craig Benner has been really straight with me thus far btw.)

Evidently, the window is closed to get the truck in 7-8 weeks. This would mean that the earliest I would receive the truck would be October or November. It has definitely made me rethink this. What everyone has said on here is that in good times, you are OTD $10K below MSRP. I have not been able to find anything less than a few thousand below (and many above!) 7-8 thousand extra is a lot of money to pay because of a seller's market if you can wait. As of today, I think I will wait until this turns around. BTW, I do not currently have a car to drive so this decision is a pain for me. I will continue to look at inventory in the hopes there may be a RAM out there for me at a good price. Good luck to all who are searching as well.
-B
I hear ya, I hope you have better luck. I was told 8 to 12 weeks as of yesterday on the 2021s to build. I could be wrong but truck incentives may be changing for a while until supply and demand curve gets back right. Even with the factory pumping out vehicles over the summer there has also been lots of folks wanting to buy trucks but it's slim pickings if you are picky like me. I can see the 2020s getting something to move that inventory but the 2021s may not have that great of incentives.

beemerb0y

Reaction score
This is literally the truck I've been looking for.
Hopefully you'll have better luck finding it.

the annoying part is that if you want something as simple as memory seats, you need to get the comfort&convenience package.. and from what i see, this is a rare find.. SERIOUSLY!?

Last edited:

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the annoying part is that if you want something as simple as memory seats, you need to get the comfort&convenience package.. and from what i see, this is a rare find.. SERIOUSLY!?

The website didn’t have the comfort package until recently for the Rebel.. a lot of people didn’t even know it existed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian7

Reaction score
I hear ya, I hope you have better luck. I was told 8 to 12 weeks as of yesterday on the 2021s to build. I could be wrong but truck incentives may be changing for a while until supply and demand curve gets back right. Even with the factory pumping out vehicles over the summer there has also been lots of folks wanting to buy trucks but it's slim pickings if you are picky like me. I can see the 2020s getting something to move that inventory but the 2021s may not have that great of incentives.

Yes CK, these trucks are not cheap and I decided that I want the options that I want. I can wait if they will not sell me a truck for a reasonable price.

beemerb0y

Reaction score
What about this Rebel from Simi Valley CDJR? It's currently in transit. Looks like they have two identical trucks coming in. It does have the Pano Sunroof, but checks everything else off your list.

No dealer discount. Only $1000 rebate or special financing rate (0%/36) so they Arent even giving up all the rebates

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No dealer discount. Only $1000 rebate or special financing rate (0%/36) so they Arent even giving up all the rebates

I've noticed that some dealers don't list their discount on vehicles that are still in transit. If you look at their website, every Ram that they currently have on the lot has a dealer discount. And I'm pretty sure they are required to honor all applicable factory rebates that you qualify for. Looking at the current factory incentives/rebates for the Rebels, that can be up to $2,000.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 15.55.04.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 15.55.04.png
    198.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Bas

Reaction score
Mmm, started to work today with Koons but the rep claims I have to finance through Chrysler if I want the $2500 (1000+1500) incentives currently out for the Laramie. Pretty sure that's not the case?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mmm, started to work today with Koons but the rep claims I have to finance through Chrysler if I want the $2500 (1000+1500) incentives currently out for the Laramie. Pretty sure that's not the case?

Looking at the current factory rebates/incentives on the Laramie trim for my zip (which appear to be the same as what you're looking at), it appears that the only rebate/incentive tied to financing through Chrysler Capital is $500 (Chrysler Capital 2020 Bonus Cash 20CL5). The other two rebates totaling $2,500 (National 2020 Retail Bonus Cash 20CLA and 2020 National Retail Consumer Cash 20CL1) don't seem to be tied to financing through Chrysler Capital.

Bas

Reaction score
Exactly, plus now Koons tags on the $1695 destination charge on top of the 'wow' price although I can't find any mentioning of that on their site, unless that is considered 'freight' ?--> "All prices exclude freight. All prices exclude tax, tags, and processing fee of $899. "

Users who are viewing this thread