5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

drstein

Reaction score
Correct Silver one. Did not get mine in "June" but once I decided to buy ( no trade) we went from MSRP to Invoice, then he gave me his Holdback plus. I only qualified for a 1k incentive which equated to 15% off . Was it June numbers, no. Was it a fairly good deal, yes, to me. A basic Longhorn, twwenty two inch wheels and a V8 were the only options. Did not want air susp or the BIG screen, the safety nannies, ect and it was the most "basic" Maximum Steel Longhorn within hundreds and hundreds ( and hundreds ) of miles. As I left the dlr, I said to Brian ( mgr ) "You still made money" He smiled sheepishly and replied " A little bit " I could have waited longer, or maybe had Wil P go with me, but it wasn't an option, I needed a vehicle.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, you should have taken him for sure. Hands down.

I didn’t touch on the fact that the majority of the dealer discount comes from the additional options. That’s why the 70k limiteds can support such a huge dealer discount vs say your truck where there’s just nothing there to discount besides the base truck. You bought the WORST one for sure haha, from a discount perspective. The longhorns are rough, the people in June got CRAZY deals. I bet they can sell to CarMax for the same or more right now.

I waited until they had the 1500 dollar competitive trade (ford) and the 1k crew cab cash deals in January (had been looking for awhile) to buy the rebel for the same reason, rarely discounted. I paid Almost 47 flat for this truck back in January, so about 11k under MSRP which at the time was a great deal for a rebel (19.5% I believe it was). Until June lol, where people paid 43k for my truck. Another crazy deal.

drstein

Reaction score
" Now I know the extra money on the trade came from the extra money left in the dealer’s discount, but see I KNEW what was going on because I’ve become educated on how this process actually works. " Right again Silver one. Always work you're deal first though., no trade. Get the best price, then toss in the trade. Know what invoice is on the vehicle you want. All trades are appraised ACV / Wholesale. The profit between MSRP and Invoice is usally the play money that can be added to the wholesale figure of the trade. Forget MSRP, go from Invoice. Know that Holdback is 3%. And the later it gets, the more the manufacturer gives the dlr to help clear out inventory. Those amounts are based on factors that John Q Public can't access. Most don't understand that. Everyone qualifies for different incentives so its not fair to judge the deal in that manner here. How much did the dlr discount with NO INCENTIVES, that would level the playing field here and be a better gauge.

drstein

Reaction score
Yep, you should have taken him for sure. Hands down.

I didn’t touch on the fact that the majority of the dealer discount comes from the additional options. That’s why the 70k limiteds can support such a huge dealer discount vs say your truck where there’s just nothing there to discount besides the base truck. You bought the WORST one for sure haha, from a discount perspective. The longhorns are rough, the people in June got CRAZY deals. I bet they can sell to CarMax for the same or more right now.

I waited until they had the 1500 dollar competitive trade (ford) and the 1k crew cab cash deals in January (had been looking for awhile) to buy the rebel for the same reason, rarely discounted. I paid Almost 47 flat for this truck back in January, so about 11k under MSRP which at the time was a great deal for a rebel (19.5% I believe it was). Until June lol, where people paid 43k for my truck. Another crazy deal.
Right. Like the woman here who bought end of May. Boy was she unhappy and still can't understand why they won't give her the June incentives. Doris Day had a song...........

habfan

Reaction score
I can help with this. I was working in finance at an alberta dealership. Tell me the trim level and ill tell you how much room there is in the truck.
I'm looking for a Sport trim with antispin, blindspot warning , level 2 equipment, bedliner, (don't care about the roof or power steps), i suppose i could move to a laramie but i like the body coloured bumpers

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
whew but this thread has gotten a bit out of control...
Might help if some members go back and read this:
How to ignore a user
and follow the directions... just sayin'

I think a Cdn only version might be good, not there's a whole lot of traffic there however since the dollars and trims can be differing (well options anyway), it might be good. Having lived in Canada 6 years and bought a new vehicle up there I'd have appreciated having a Cdn site.

habfan

Reaction score
Here is a real tip. MSRP means nothing. FCA controls these and throughout the months constantly increases it with “market supply” meaning the profit to the dealer just keeps going up because MsRP is a made up number and changes. The number you want to see is called GKRP. Ask the dealer if they will show you this number and be prepared for a bunch of back-peddling and excuses. GKRP is the real cost on the invoice. Its called “bottom left”
Interesting, I went googling GKRP and found this https://pictures.dealer.com/ccibelleville/9c6b43a80a0e0acc61dd701fde02999f.pdf
It shows the GKRP along with a PREF price, (I'm guessing I don't qualify for the preferential pricing), but just wanted to see if that GKRP is what you were referring to.

Wil P

Reaction score
Guess this is false advertising? Again, it’s all in the wording. BTW, you can use USAA and military IF YOU ARE 100% disabled. It’s so sad grown *** men argue like girls. Everyone is a know it all. But after going through profiles, I understand why now.

EVERYONE will pay different prices, this thread is suppose to hel- others on where to buy. Certain dealerships can ALWAYS hit $10k off. Yes they can!!!

I appreciate the guys that have PMed me. If you have other questions please only send in PM. thanks

Attachments

• FC840C14-F6C0-43C2-A323-071FE9585BCE.jpeg
    FC840C14-F6C0-43C2-A323-071FE9585BCE.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

SamuelaiBurt

Reaction score
2019 Limited, MSRP was around $89,000. $10,500 rebate. Negotiated roughly $8000 and price paid was $70,860

drstein

Reaction score
Guess this is false advertising? Again, it’s all in the wording. BTW, you can use USAA and military IF YOU ARE 100% disabled. It’s so sad grown *** men argue like girls. Everyone is a know it all. But after going through profiles, I understand why now.

EVERYONE will pay different prices, this thread is suppose to hel- others on where to buy. Certain dealerships can ALWAYS hit $10k off. Yes they can!!!

I appreciate the guys that have PMed me. If you have other questions please only send in PM. thanks
Oh Wil.......YOU were the one that was being INSULTING. Thankfully you " checked profiles " and now "understand" , I guess, why you needed to be. And thankfully it was just us "girls" that provoked you, not all forum members.

Wil P

Reaction score
2019 Limited, MSRP was around $89,000. $10,500 rebate. Negotiated roughly $8000 and price paid was $70,860

Awesome bro. Love to hear when we save that much off.

They don’t believe anyone can negotiate that much off MSRP..

But you did as every RAM owner should.

Jflores14

Reaction score
Awesome bro. Love to hear when we save that much off.

They don’t believe anyone can negotiate that much off MSRP..

But you did as every RAM owner should.
Hey Will,

Would be a big help if you could post a picture of your sales contract, black out any personal information. Getting a clear picture of how your deal was structure in regards to rebates, discounts, dealer fees, etc..

Thanks

Wil P

Reaction score
Hey Will,

Would be a big help if you could post a picture of your sales contract, black out any personal information. Getting a clear picture of how your deal was structure in regards to rebates, discounts, dealer fees, etc..

Thanks

Yes sir, will do, as soon as I get back in country. I have this, but it’s just bc it was on my phone. This is a few of discounts

Attachments

• A34D49AA-29D3-46D8-B2E8-301BF0F939DF.jpeg
    A34D49AA-29D3-46D8-B2E8-301BF0F939DF.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 81

brody.cepeaux

Reaction score
Interesting, I went googling GKRP and found this https://pictures.dealer.com/ccibelleville/9c6b43a80a0e0acc61dd701fde02999f.pdf
It shows the GKRP along with a PREF price, (I'm guessing I don't qualify for the preferential pricing), but just wanted to see if that GKRP is what you were referring to.
No pref price is employee pricing. Usually off by about 700-1000 depending in the vehicle. Many people qualify for pref as is determined by your place of employment. In canada its called “advantage plan” and you need to generate whats called a control number to be able to qualify. I an sure here is a similar plan in the USA

RJS

Reaction score
I'm looking for a Sport trim with antispin, blindspot warning , level 2 equipment, bedliner, (don't care about the roof or power steps), i suppose i could move to a laramie but i like the body coloured bumpers
Laramie comes with the Sport package also. Mine did.

Users who are viewing this thread