5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

brody.cepeaux

Reaction score
I can tell you with 110% accuracy in canada there is anywhere from 4-7 thousand in profit to the dealer after rebates. Msrp-rebates = selling price which usually has 2-3 grand in wiggle room.

njech7

Reaction score
That's why I started at 12.5% off MSRP then incentives. My deal ate into their holdback. No idea what factory incentives they had that are a bit unknown (like how much they make when they hit a #s goal for a month), so dealer probably made a few 100s of dollars, maybe a thousand. Businesses need to make money, I got a deal that didn't include a bunch of gnashing of teeth, and the dealer made a few bucks.

ldoh

Reaction score
I'm not sure if they can be trusted but I just saw an Autonation tv ad - 72 hour "flash sale" 25% off MSRP on the new body Big Horn 1500.

westcoast

Reaction score
I'm not sure if they can be trusted but I just saw an Autonation tv ad - 72 hour "flash sale" 25% off MSRP on the new body Big Horn 1500.

Could probably be legit

Trying to get the 19s out and make room for the 20s

Wil P

Reaction score
Vernon Auto Group, Vernon Texas

2019 Limited MSRP $71,203
Rebate $3500 [chrysler]
Dealer discount $8000
Other rebates
Military $500
Non Chrysler owner $500
USAA certificate $1000

Final price after negotiations......... $54,203

MB13

Reaction score
Seems they are playing hard so you might have to whittle them down.

Hit them up in a week as it gets closer to the end of the month. Try to work a better dealer discount and tell them say you'll come sign papers the day of (or the day before) the end of the month. This will give you more leverage to talk them down a little more when you do actually come in. If they still don't budge while you are there to sign, then get up and walk out. Quite a few people say that they call to ask you back fairly quickly after that. Sometimes asking "what will it take for you to drive away in our truck?"
Exactly^^^. My brother is a car salesman and he told me that the end of month is the best time. Dealerships try to hit their numbers and you have a better chance of negotiating. Walk away if not. Ironically, his dealership was way too high when I bought my Ram. So from Alabama to Indiana it was for me..

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Rebate $3500 [chrysler]
Dealer discount $8000
Other rebates
Military $500
Non Chrysler owner $500
USAA certificate $1000

Not bad. I paid the same but didn't have a $71K MSRP, so you def got a better deal than I did (7K more optioned truck).

drstein

Reaction score

Rebate $3500 [chrysler]
Dealer discount $8000
Other rebates
Military $500
Non Chrysler owner $500
USAA certificate $1000

Dlr Disc, and rebates add up to 13,500.00, that would equate to 57,703.00. Other rebates perhaps ??

Gmoosevt

Reaction score
For a 2019 now, 20% is a minimum deal, 25% a good deal, 30% a great deal, and it should be your target. You have all the leverage, because you have the money. Pay cash for your best deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For a 2019 now, 20% is a minimum deal, 25% a good deal, 30% a great deal, and it should be your target. You have all the leverage, because you have the money. Pay cash for your best deal.

Another awful misinformed post. Doesn’t understand how deals work, that rebates are dependent on trim, that higher optioned models allow for more dealer discounts, that dealerships make money on in house financing deals, that you need Chrysler financing at times for certain rebates, and so forth. No one cares about cash buying in 2019.

Last edited:

Gmoosevt

Reaction score
Another awful misinformed post. Doesn’t understand how deals work, that rebates are dependent on trim, that higher optioned models allow for more dealer discounts, that dealerships make money on in house financing deals, that you need Chrysler financing at times for certain rebates, and so forth. No one cares about cash buying in 2019.

If you can’t get near 25% for a 2019 still on a lot, grow some kahonas and walk. There is lots of US inventory, and dealers gotta and wanna move them. Be patient, wait for the right deal. You are playing into the dealer’s hand when you start getting all wrapped-up on individual rebates and discounts for this and that. If you want to order, that’s a very different deal.

Wil P

Reaction score
Please keep the conversation civil as personal attacks are not allowed on this forum
90% sure you can’t stack USAA and military together either, you have to do one or the other.

Edit: yep. One or the other. So another 500 fades away into the night....

1. You are truly a idiot!
2. I’m glad you can use a calculator dip ****. $57703. Then I negotiated another $3k. $54,703 after negotiations. Read the post. Dip ****s like you think you know it all. Oh BTW, you can stack USAA and Military. It’s all in the wording dumbass.

Wow, this is truly a idiot!!

Wil P

Reaction score

It’s all about watching the inventory and waiting for the right deal. I don’t understand why people can’t do research. But then hate the guy that does. Typical

Last edited:

Wil P

Reaction score
Dlr Disc, and rebates add up to 13,500.00, that would equate to 57,703.00. Other rebates perhaps ??
Read the post properly. AFTER NEGOTIATIONS!!

Rebates and discounts are not negotiations. They are standard.

Last edited:

Wil P

Reaction score
Uummmm no. It’s called telling them you want another $3k off, that’s called negotiations

Gmoosevt

Reaction score
Of course dealers like to sell FCA financing. They and FCA make more money. And guess who’s money they are taking to make more on their end. If you like to wrangle with car salesmen over $500 for this, or $1000 for that, so be it. And if you don’t mind paying (non-deductible) interest, good enough. I prefer to pay only what I think the best price should be, and if I can’t get that deal done, I don’t buy. Deals are of course way different for business use. My 2019 personal vehicle Ram purchase this year was just short of 28%. I took that deal, even though it wasn’t my target price, because it was a ‘lucky lot’ Laramie with no features compromises vs the options I wanted. It took a little over a year for me to find the truck at the right price.

Wil P

Reaction score
Of course dealers like to sell FCA financing. They and FCA make more money. And guess who’s money they are taking to make more on their end. If you like to wrangle with car salesmen over $500 for this, or $1000 for that, so be it. And if you don’t mind paying (non-deductible) interest, good enough. I prefer to pay only what I think the best price should be, and if I can’t get that deal done, I don’t buy. Deals are of course way different for business use. My 2019 personal vehicle Ram purchase this year was just short of 28%. I took that deal, even though it wasn’t my target price, because it was a ‘lucky lot’ Laramie with no features compromises vs the options I wanted. It took a little over a year for me to find the truck at the right price.

True, sometimes I’ve waited almost 18 months, but with RAM $12k off is standard. I can’t even come close to that with Ford

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unsure why are you justifying your purchase, congratulations on getting the deal you received.

I’m simply trying to keep the validity of this thread in tact. And the FACT is that you can’t show up expecting a certain percentage off any truck they have. You need to know what the current pricing in on the trim you are looking at. A big horn and a limited/longhorn have much different incentives. You aren’t going and getting 25-30% off every longhorn or limited on the lot.

And look the post above this, “12k off is standard”. That’s a ridiculous statement. He also thinks that dealer discounts ARENT the part of the deal you are negotiating, they are STANDARD.

MSRP mInus STANDARD dealer discounts minus rebates minus NEGOTIATIONS

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread