5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t see how you can think that. I’ve owned 3 hemi trucks, they can’t bust 12-13mpg in a true city environment. It’s a smaller motor, less fuel used for normal getting around town. Plus it probably gets noticeably better mileage at 75-80 on the highway than a 3.92 hemi truck.

Bigjb1987

Reaction score
I don’t see how you can think that. I’ve owned 3 hemi trucks, they can’t bust 12-13mpg in a true city environment. It’s a smaller motor, less fuel used for normal getting around town. Plus it probably gets noticeably better mileage at 75-80 on the highway than a 3.92 hemi truck.

5000lb truck a V6 engine that produces decent torque numbers in mid to high range rpm. Even with the e torque. In stop and go city driving would require more throttle. Eliminating any savings only positive scenario like you said would be a highway. Natuarally aspirated V6 engine nothing special, besides it just that a v6 what’s the fun in that?

Bigjb1987

Reaction score
this is not the thread for this.... so let’s call it at we don’t agree.

Seems like not many are buying right now, waiting out the 2020 and next sales?

Yeah not many post at the moment, but maybe Labor Day will bring some sales? That will help move remaining 2019 and stay in the #2 spot ahead of GM which seems like they have some rebates as well.

smonska

Reaction score
Yeah not many post at the moment, but maybe Labor Day will bring some sales? That will help move remaining 2019 and stay in the #2 spot ahead of GM which seems like they have some rebates as well.

I for one am in a holding pattern as the labor day discounts will be announced mid or late next week. August rebates aren't that great. Only downside is the 2019 stock to chose from keeps getting smaller the longer I wait.

njech7

Reaction score
If it were around here you could count on the 15% incentive plus maybe 8% dealer discount, that's what I'm getting from everyone. So maybe 38-39k. Under that is probably a good deal.

Where are you located? I'm in South Jersey and everyone is holding out on me!! :) Starting to make some progress but with very selective dealers.

njech7

Reaction score
It’s funny to me that no one cares about 15% on big horns lol.
That's the thing, I'm not getting that 15%. I'm actually seeing better deals on the Laramies. I had to talk with a Baltimore dealer to get the 15% and that is not available with a lease.

Reaction score
Any reason you are opting for a v6? Just can’t imagine a full size truck having better mileage or anything else.

Well, the reason for my choice of a V6 is based on the fact that I won’t be pulling anything more than a utility trailer or hauling heavy loads. I need a 4WD because I own beach property that is only accessible by a 4 mile drive up the beach after a 7 hour drive from the mountains. I also have other property in the mountains of SW Virginia that is about 30 minutes away that requires a climb of 2,000 feet. Recently I rented a 2019 RAM1500 with a V8 that I took to the beach. I loved the growl of the Hemi but I’m confident that a V6 will do fine. In the end, better gas mileage and cheaper truck to do everything I need it to do in comfort.

BigAdge

Reaction score
Where are you located? I'm in South Jersey and everyone is holding out on me!! :) Starting to make some progress but with very selective dealers.
I'm in Illinois but have been checking all over the midwest. I'd buy a plane ticket for $250 if it would save me 3-5k. But everyone is just sitting on the 15% plus some incentives. The best deal ive found is an msrp bighorn around 52k that they would drop under 40 but its a haul away and a 3.92 which I don't know much about, I've never needed a huge tow or payload.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's the thing, I'm not getting that 15%. I'm actually seeing better deals on the Laramies. I had to talk with a Baltimore dealer to get the 15% and that is not available with a lease.

Yea if you read the actual rebate, it says only applicable to oldest 15% of inventory. I noticed most of the dealers don’t have it either.

Renny

Reaction score
I am seeing a 1500 Big Horn MSRP 52,175 being offered at $ 39,325. I am pushing for an additional $3,000, but not sure if they will give it. Otherwise I will just wait for Labor Day.

BigAdge

Reaction score
I am seeing a 1500 Big Horn MSRP 52,175 being offered at $ 39,325. I am pushing for an additional $3,000, but not sure if they will give it. Otherwise I will just wait for Labor Day.
Renny where are you located? I'm in a similar situation

BigAdge

Reaction score
This dealership moves quantity, of course I bought mine n June sticker of 62000 OTD for 44700
But I feel like they still have very low prices anyways thought I’d share GL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I contacted them, they told me new car prices are non negotiable, what it is listed at is the final price, was that your experience?

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea that’s kind of how Laura works.. aside from like additional rebates (military, etc).

They are like #1 GMC dealer in the US I believe, that’s how they run those too. Their prices are legit but they will decimate you on trades (if applicable).

Ross_krd

Reaction score
I contacted them, they told me new car prices are non negotiable, what it is listed at is the final price, was that your experience?

Yes that’s exactly right and broke it down for me on paper supposedly only make a $199 administration fee
And finance thru them at the time they made an extra $150. I got a 3.09% @ 66 months so not even that bad
Iv refinanced at my union now at 1.99% already
But the dealership seemed fair I was not disappointed

Ross_krd

Reaction score
Yea that’s kind of how Laura works.. aside from like additional rebates (military, etc).

They are like #1 GMC dealer in the US I believe, that’s how they run those too. Their prices are legit but they will decimate you on trades (if applicable).

As far as trade went for me I had a 2015 Toyota Tundra TRD And they gave me $500 over KBB price at great condition on trade in so it was like $31250 trade; my truck was paid for I only had like 50000 miles on it too if I remember right

Users who are viewing this thread