5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Sspearsau

Reaction score
These are amazing deals. I'm going shopping this weekend. Does anyone know if USAA coupons stack on the available discounts?
I tried to get my dealer to stack the USAA, but they would not do it. I skeptically felt they were using it to offset their dealer discount, so I called Chrysler while at the dealer, and they confirmed the 15% off cannot be used with any other incentives.

Oh well.

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
I tried to get my dealer to stack the USAA, but they would not do it. I skeptically felt they were using it to offset their dealer discount, so I called Chrysler while at the dealer, and they confirmed the 15% off cannot be used with any other incentives.

Oh well.

you can still apply for the $250 allstate thing, theres a thread nearby for it, really easy and I got approved in a week for some extra mod money

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I gather that end of June is it for the extra incentives. My local dealer has the FCA ad up that says “must take delivery by 7/1 and only on the oldest inventory” For the 20% off.
Gotta’ get those fence sitters this weekend (today/tomorrow)! Wonder if it will be busy and slightly “Black Friday” ish competitive at dealers to try and nail down those last few truck deals...
“Crickets” at the Chevy/GMC store this weekend perhaps...

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
New here, purchased my 2019 Ram Limited on 6/12. Sticker of $68340, OTD for $48227. I also got $28500 for my 2017 Ram BigHorn which was paid off. Worked out to my truck and $20K basically. I was thrilled, thought I stole it, but it appears several here have gotten similar deals. Good job to all!
Yep, I bought in April and helped pay for your incentive, ha ha!
Great deal on your Limited, must have had every option available for a $68K MSRP. If that was a Ford Platinum it would have been 75-80... Course they boast a bit more payload, lol.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
There are some good deals to be had!

I couldn't resist the quote. I just took ownership of a new 5th gen 2019 1500 Laramie Crewcab 4x4. The saleman admitted he made a mistake and discounted it $2k more than he should have but his boss said they would honor the quote. It appears to be about 31% off MSRP.

MSRP was almost $55k
OTD (minus tax, licensing) almost $38k
Thief... (y)

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I understand that, I know a lot of dealerships would advertise big rebates, but when I would inquire about them, they would say, I didn't qualify for some of them or the model I wanted didn't qualify, and I wanted a limited. So when I placed my order on 6/1 Ram rebate for limited was $3,500. When I asked the dealer if the incentives were better he said yes they were, but didn't say how much yet. So delivery is expected real soon, but if I don't take delivery by July 1, they may change and hopefully form the better.
Yeah, the Big Horn is their “value” truck and thats what they generally are pushing, though many of us opted for Laramie, Rebel or Limited and still managed to get a decent/good deal. I missed the incentives so it was merely “decent” however many were able to get really good deals, as reported here. Good for y’all, great to see so many new RAM’s on the road and fewer F150’s and GM’s! (Coming from a decades Ford buyer)

MPMRam

Reaction score
Yeah, the Big Horn is their “value” truck and thats what they generally are pushing, though many of us opted for Laramie, Rebel or Limited and still managed to get a decent/good deal. I missed the incentives so it was merely “decent” however many were able to get really good deals, as reported here. Good for y’all, great to see so many new RAM’s on the road and fewer F150’s and GM’s! (Coming from a decades Ford buyer)
Are you enjoying your truck, I’m trading in a 2013 King Ranch f150, which was ok, but looking forward to the Ram

bigwidge

Reaction score
Happy to report I'm a new Ram owner!
2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Patriot Blue
MSRP: $51,700
Before TTT: $37,376 (27.6% off to my calculations)
Dealer discounts: $6,569
Rebates: $7,755
LED Lighting Group
Level 2 Equipment Package
8.4" Screen
Blind Spot Monitoring
33 Gal Tank

Wrapped up late last night. Shopped at Lindsay in Manassas VA if anyone is interested!

Last edited:

irontiger

Reaction score
New here, purchased my 2019 Ram Limited on 6/12. Sticker of $68340, OTD for $48227. I also got $28500 for my 2017 Ram BigHorn which was paid off. Worked out to my truck and $20K basically. I was thrilled, thought I stole it, but it appears several here have gotten similar deals. Good job to all!

How much is your tax? Looks like you got $23k off MSRP, almost unheard of. Congratulations! My nearby dealers wouldn't even honor a $20k off on a similarly priced Limited.

Jako

Reaction score
Happy to report I'm a new Ram owner!
2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Patriot Blue
MSRP: $51,700
Before TTT: $37,376 (27.6% off to my calculations)
Dealer discounts: $6,569
Rebates: $7,755
LED Lighting Group
Level 2 Equipment Package
8.4" Screen
Blind Spot Monitoring
33 Gal Tank

I'll post pics later! Wrapped up late last night. Shopped at Lindsay in Manassas VA if anyone is interested!
Nice job!

SD Rebel

Reaction score
2019 Ram Rebel w/ $52,000 MSRP, paid $38,970 before fees/tax/etc.

So about 25% off MSRP, pretty happy especially since it's the red one. Could have gotten even better discounts, but wasn't interested in the quad cab models they had. I also wanted a 4x4, but none available with these discounts. But open desert off-roading with 2WD , locker and 33" tires is pretty common around these parts.

I'm coming off a 2015 Ford F150 XLT Ecoboost, which I honestly loved, but this truck is so good and with such great deals, it was a no brainer for me. Loving RAM, great interior but nice overall build quality as well. The Hemi feels a little bit slower than my old 2.7L Ecoboost and gets quite a bit less mpg but still has plenty of power and sounds very good. Looking to ad an exhaust system next!

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are some incentives for specific trims (like the Big Horn). But, there are some incentives that are based on the time the truck has been on the dealer's lot - not tied to a specific trim level. So, the same truck might be more discounted from one dealer than another.

I got mine on Wed. Sticker was $66K (including dest fee). I paid $49K (including dest fee). So, 26% off.

During my shopping, I saw that all the MSRP stickers include the $1695 Destination Fee. But, pretty much every dealer advertising a discounted price does not include the Dest Fee in their "sale price", but then they do add it in when it's time to do the deal. I think that is pretty lame, but it looks like they all do it.

And, it seems like some of them (and some buyers) may be calculating the discount they got without factoring that in. I.e. divide sale price without Dest Fee by MSRP (which includes Dest Fee). Just to make the Percent Off look bigger. I got 26% off, but if I did the math using the "advertised" price of $47K versus sticker, it would look like I got 29% off - which I did not.

I was also planning to wait for the new tailgate - and maybe an EcoDiesel. But, I just could not resist 26% off of sticker. They will probably continue to offer fat discounts until all the '19s are gone. But, I wasn't willing to risk it. Plus, I am very picky and it was really hard to find a dealer with a truck that had everything I wanted. I really lucked out in finding one that had what I wanted and did not have a bunch of stuff I did not want (like sunroof and tonneau cover - those 2 things would have added $2K to the price).

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Are you enjoying your truck, I’m trading in a 2013 King Ranch f150, which was ok, but looking forward to the Ram
Yes, we are. We thought the 15’ XLT S Cab rode well, and it did, however the Limited is in a totally different class. You will have a closer comparison coming from a KR.

Huskymush

Reaction score
I must be missing something, bought my truck for 58k with an MSRP of 70k back in March which to me was a pretty good deal.. How the heck are you guys getting 25-30%off now?? Is this only in a certain region or does this apply to dealers in California also?

sparkygreen

Reaction score
I must be missing something, bought my truck for 58k with an MSRP of 70k back in March which to me was a pretty good deal.. How the heck are you guys getting 25-30%off now?? Is this only in a certain region or does this apply to dealers in California also?

Sorry to break the bad news, but there is a 15% factory incentive and most dealers will kick in around 10%-12% giving totals of 25+% off MSRP.

This applies to all models and trim levels of 1500 DT (new style) Ram.

A lot of people are not happy that bought a few months or even a few days before the sale started and paid $5k-$7k more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Ha, welcome to the now expiring 15% off RAM factory incentive above the dealer incentives. When we bought before June 1st we negotiated whatever we could, now the factory has kicked in another 15+ percent to clear inventory, thus our deals are about half of theirs. Oh well, I just have to remember that I was ok with mine at the time.

cipherbreak

Reaction score
Limited 5.7 Hemi, black
Level 1 Group
Body color bumpers
22” rims
Pano Sunroof
3.92 gears
Anti slip diff
RamBox
Trailer Brake Control

MSRP $69,035
Paid $49,600

28% off

Jasolution

Reaction score
Limited 5.7 Hemi, black
Level 1 Group
Body color bumpers
22” rims
Pano Sunroof
3.92 gears
Anti slip diff
RamBox
Trailer Brake Control

MSRP $69,035
Paid $49,600

28% off
That seems pretty good! I had an offer today on a similarly equipped Limited, but with no RamBox, tonneau, and it had the E-locker rear axle instead. Everything else looks the similar. MSRP was $67,405 and lowest dealer offer was $48,398. Seems like a reasonable offer now that I see yours. More than I wanted to spend, but finding what I want in an in stock Laramie has been hard. Perhaps it’s worth pulling the trigger?

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
That seems pretty good! I had an offer today on a similarly equipped Limited, but with level 2 equipment group and no RamBox or tonneau. Everything else looks the similar. MSRP was $67,405 and lowest dealer offer was $48,398. Seems like a reasonable offer now that I see yours. More than I wanted to spend, but finding what I want in an in stock Laramie has been hard. Perhaps it’s worth pulling the trigger?
Buy it! My Limited no level 1, no ram box, no cover was $56. Don’t miss these savings!

Users who are viewing this thread