5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

glennf14

Reaction score
Im pretty shocked to see such big discounts so early, but I am also shocked by the fact that I have still not seen a single 2019 on the road yet.

I wonder if sales are lagging, which in turn means inventory is piling up and that is what is motivating some of these huge discounts on brand new models?

I really wanted to hold off until the end of the year before considering a 2019, but the Chrysler Capital lease rates this month are actually pretty good (best yet for 2019's) add in a $10k discount and its getting harder for me to say no....
An update on my side here in NC. I just checked one of my local volume dealers, from whom we bought a new 2015 Durango Citadel, and they have recently (within the past couple days) slashed most of their 2019 RAM prices even further on their website.

At first I was seeing 5k to 6k off of a loaded Laramie for example, which was pretty normal advertising for them. But now most of them have been updated (the Laramie, the Longhorn, and the Limited) and most are now 9k to 12k off MSRP.

Link as requested:
https://www.johnhiesterchryslerdodgejeep.com/searchnew.aspx?Make=RAM&Year=2019

Like @alacombe said, maybe they’re having issues moving 2019 inventory due to the crazy incentives on the 2018 right now.

Last edited:

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
An update on my side here in NC. I just checked one of my local volume dealers, from whom we bought a new 2015 Durango Citadel, and they have recently (within the past couple days) slashed all of their 2019 RAM prices even further on their website.

At first I was seeing 5k to 6k off of a loaded Laramie for example, which was pretty normal advertising for them. But now most of them have been updated (the Laramie, the Longhorn, and the Limited) and they’re all 9k to 12k off MSRP.

Like @alacombe said, maybe they’re having issues moving 2019 inventory due to the crazy incentives on the 2018 right now.

Link?

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Forgot to ask: is anyone familiar with a big volume dealer here in the southeast that would be somewhat comparable to Dennis Dillon? Just curious, thanks!

Try Kernersville Ram in Kernersville NC. Says they have 128 x 2019's; 144 x 2018's and 31 x 2017's. (If you add in HD models they have over 500 2018's!),

Never dealt with them, but they are the biggest volume dealer I know of around here.

Good Luck!

Flot

Reaction score
For those that are going by the "website price" for a new truck, be aware that Mopar allows dealers to list a truck with every possible incentive applied and stacked So they will price their website as if you are a veteran, realtor, lease conquest, new college graduate who is financing through the dealer.

If you can get a dealer to honor those prices, that's great, good for you, please share.

The only numbers that really count for comparison's sake are actual purchased trucks from people who did NOT have a trade-in. You can absolutely save $10k on a high end truck, but do your homework and make sure you're looking at legit pricing. I was very happy with my dealer in VA (even though I am in FL) and have posted about them on here.

Synoopy

Reaction score
Limited 66,100 Msrp
Dealer took 2k off. On negotiation yet by me. It was a preorder someone backed out on. Not sure what a fair price is? Help.

It depends on your package but you should have something in the mid to high 50k range should be your goal for a limited - with a dealer who has low or medium volume, and that is before rebates or incentives.

Synoopy

Reaction score
Ordered 2019 Limited 4x4 diamond black Ram 1500
Black interior
22x 9 wheels with inserts
Panoramic Sunroof
33 gal tank
E-torque Hemi
Advanced Safety Group
Trailer Brake Control
3.92 Axel Ratio
got 500 military rebate and 1000 dealer incentive
MSRP -$65,405
Sell Price -$58,367
Final Order Price with taxes included - $60,587.27
They told me 8-12 weeks for delivery

Synoopy

Reaction score
LOL then i guess I am a spammer haha! Read the thread. its very clear my deal was a lemon deal. Can't be confused unless you refuse to read the thread.

There is no research to be done with the price ppl are buying this truck at. The rebates/incentives are out there. 1k off and 500.00 off mailer coupon.

Low dollar is EP. Its clear cut.

Very simple concept.

This thread is now 8 pages long we are way past the research of the "average" price as you say ppl are doing here. People now are just talking about their truck, delivery times, and their options they ordered with their truck. Cuz they are excited they bought a new truck. It doesn't take 8 pages to find an average lol.

By the way take some advice and loosen up. Don't be so sensitive. Ppl can't talk crap on here without getting ppl offended over the slightest comments? Don't act like crooked Hilary.
263a.png

MFrench

Reaction score
Hey Follks, I’m new to the forum. Wanting to buy a 2019 Ram Limited before the end of the year. I live in Indiana and searched nationwide. Best deal I have came across is $13,500 off MSRP $67,000 - knocked down to $53,500. Jackson MI Extreme Ram Dealership. Thoughts? What other rebates/incentives could be offered?

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Follks, I’m new to the forum. Wanting to buy a 2019 Ram Limited before the end of the year. I live in Indiana and searched nationwide. Best deal I have came across is $13,500 off MSRP $67,000 - knocked down to $53,500. Jackson MI Extreme Ram Dealership. Thoughts? What other rebates/incentives could be offered?

I would say that's about as good as it's gonna get my friend. Additionally, I used to drive through Jackson a lot on my way to East Lansing. The dealership is right on I-94 and Extreme has a line of dealerships for about every manufacturer. I repeat, that is a smoking deal.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score

That's an awesome deal. Take it if you want to buy now. Rebates are based on your zip code, not the dealers. Where in Indiana?

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's an awesome deal. Take it if you want to buy now. Rebates are based on your zip code, not the dealers. Where in Indiana?

That's a good point that I sort of assumed you'd be aware of BUT if you aren't....that deal is really good...like...TOO good. I certainly think it's possible, but I'd say if you haven't got the details ironed out before walking into the dealership or you have a trade you need them to evaluate...I give it a 85% chance they take off a few rebates or crush you on the trade. I dont say this questioning your car knowledge at all! Just giving you the heads up if you dont spend all your time on car forums like we do haha, the lowest deals on cars.com or the like, are mostly not obtainable. Even at 10k for a Limited, you're doing about as good as folks are at THIS time of year. 6 months from now that will most likely be increased.

MFrench

Reaction score
That's a good point that I sort of assumed you'd be aware of BUT if you aren't....that deal is really good...like...TOO good. I certainly think it's possible, but I'd say if you haven't got the details ironed out before walking into the dealership or you have a trade you need them to evaluate...I give it a 85% chance they take off a few rebates or crush you on the trade. I dont say this questioning your car knowledge at all! Just giving you the heads up if you dont spend all your time on car forums like we do haha, the lowest deals on cars.com or the like, are mostly not obtainable. Even at 10k for a Limited, you're doing about as good as folks are at THIS time of year. 6 months from now that will most likely be increased.
Yea I don’t have a trade. I’m just going by what’s listed on the dealer website. Not sure if that’s lowest price or I would lose some rebates

MFrench

Reaction score
Yea I don’t have a trade. I’m just going by what’s listed on the dealer website. Not sure if that’s lowest price or I would lose some rebates

Attachments

• 335D035A-E4C8-4B10-9BBD-4929C47DC3BE.png
    335D035A-E4C8-4B10-9BBD-4929C47DC3BE.png
    897.5 KB · Views: 59

ryelinek

Reaction score

Sadly you might not be able to get that great of a deal then. I’m not saying you can’t but if you are ONLY going by what you saw on a website and have yet to speak to someone in detail I wouldn’t hold my breathe.

A dealer by me LOVES to post their internet price with every rebate under God’s green earth knowing full well everyone won’t qualify. They do this just to make the price seem super low. On top of that they claim they are removing the destination fee out and try to charge for your it a second time. Hell they had 66k Limiteds claiming to be on sale for 52k.

To answer your question if you can seriously get 13,500 that’s an ABSURD deal compared to most. I got a little more than 11,000 and that was awesome and I shopped around a lot before I ordered. Like I said though if you have yet to talk to someone I’d take these internet prices with a grain of salt.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's less than invoice minus holdback which is about the best you can really get not including incentives.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If this is online post is all ya have, sorry to burst ya bubble but I doubt you get this. Prolly the best deal I have seen

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have any pricing info for the New England area? I'm in central CT and I'm looking to lease a Big Horn 5.7 Crew 4X4 Lvl 2. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread