5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PPF Question - Kavaca

Coogfan

Reaction score
So last week I had some Kavaca PPF installed on my truck and while it looked ok from a distance, there's a number of bubbles and areas where the film is not sticking and is pulling up. I mentioned it while I picked the truck up and was told to keep an eye on the areas and try to work them back down and they will even out over time. Also, I am supposed to bring my truck back for a wash/follow-up so that they can remedy the minor inconsistencies that were observed upon pick-up. I think I'm going to be complaining about more than they are going to expect because I think some of the film needs be re-cut, maybe reapplied to fully fix the issues.

For those of you who have had this or a similar film applied, did you experience anything similar to this with the PPF/install? The area that I had covered (see red lines below) is somewhat tedious with plenty of curves, but at nearly $1,000 to have the job done, I expect it to be perfect.

1622737981388_Truck_resized.png 20210701_070025_resized.jpg 20210701_070017_resized.jpg 20210701_065957_resized.jpg 20210701_065952_resized.jpg 20210701_065936_resized.jpg

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd definitely be complaining about that. Reminds me of a car I bought a few years ago and paid extra for the PPF. It had a lot of areas like those in your pics. When I took it back and showed them they re-did the entire job. It was pretty much flawless the second time.

cervelo15

Reaction score
Coming from someone who is an EXTREME OCD freak when it comes to car paint, I’d expect it to be 110% perfect when you’re paying a substantial amount of money for it. I think what I have seen in other posts for PPF and my own experience, vetting the shop who does it makes the difference, not necessary the PPF product itself.

I did a good amount of trolling of the shop who did mine. I’d really make them address it when you take it back for the maintenance wash.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not a good job, I would want it fixed. I had my Rebel done and there are no bubbles, now I did have a few places it didn't stick right but she fixed those right up a couple days later. It's my second vehicle that she has done. I had my 2014 Outdoorsman done too and it was perfect.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a trash install job. With PPF you're paying for the install quality, not the film.

Users who are viewing this thread