5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power folding mirror broken

E4Baerospace

Reaction score
At the dealer now. They're replacing the passenger side mirror. They had it in stock.

Tommym

Reaction score
2 days ago my driver side mirror started making that clicking noise when it folds out. Calling dealership tomorrow for appointment.

JCR1500

Reaction score
Would having the passenger side power fold mirror not working cause you to fail a State inspection? Everything else works and its more of a luxury then a safety feature I would think?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2 days ago my driver side mirror started making that clicking noise when it folds out. Calling dealership tomorrow for appointment.
Hi @Tommym - Please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message if you are in need of any additional support while working with your dealer!
Would having the passenger side power fold mirror not working cause you to fail a State inspection? Everything else works and its more of a luxury then a safety feature I would think?
Hi @JCR1500 - Just had a chance to respond on another thread but wanted to touch base here too. We are always a PM away and more than willing to get you set up with assistance while working with the dealer.

Mark
RamCares

COSPILOT

Reaction score
Add me to the least, passenger me did this today. I deal with it once Its back on the mainland.

Daredpollo

Reaction score
I had this power folding mirror issue too with my passenger side last year in July. Went in and they replaced the motor. Still did it a couple after that but not recently. Then, back in April my driver’s side started doing it too. This time the popping was more violent. They looked at it and said they would order the part. Then called back in august and they still didn’t have the part! I know it’s a convenience feature and more of “luxury” thing, but living in Downtown makes this feature very useful for me. Instead I look like a dumbass when the mirrors fold in and my driver’s side mirror is flopping like a fish. It’s a new truck and this just makes it pretty embarrassing. I had talked to another dealership before about this issue and asked if they had any similar issues with other owner but they said they had never heard of that. Idk but it seems like they were lying about from what I’ve heard from other owners. Strongly considered switching to the tow mirrors but I don’t think it’s fair for me to pay $500 for replacing faulty mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommym

Reaction score
Well it's fixed. Made an appointment and went to the dealers last Wednesday. They said yes it was broken, it was covered under warranty, they had to order the part and it would be in the next day. So Thursday afternoon I called and had to leave a message. No response. So on Tuesday, I drove to the dealers to check. My appointed service technician wasn't there, but another one took care of me. Upon checking, the part was indeed there. Scheduled an appointment for today at 7:30 am. Called around 2pm and had to leave a message. Around 4:30 pm I got the call my truck was ready. Mirror looks great and works. As for the dealer experience, at least they paid for the Uber to take me home and take me back to pick up my truck.

2019REBEL

Reaction score
Update from my earlier post. Dealer won't fix them so guess I have to step it up to FCA Canada. Not really happy with less than 2 year old vehicle with broken mirrors. Got elastics on them right now so they don't rattle.

Daredpollo

Reaction score
Update from my earlier post. Dealer won't fix them so guess I have to step it up to FCA Canada. Not really happy with less than 2 year old vehicle with broken mirrors. Got elastics on them right now so they don't rattle.

It’s not out of warranty, is it?

2019REBEL

Reaction score
Nope I have a 5 year warranty so good until 2024. You pretty well have to bend over backwards to get anything done here in Canada.

mcconnells1

Reaction score
I had this power folding mirror issue too with my passenger side last year in July. Went in and they replaced the motor. Still did it a couple after that but not recently. Then, back in April my driver’s side started doing it too. This time the popping was more violent. They looked at it and said they would order the part. Then called back in august and they still didn’t have the part! I know it’s a convenience feature and more of “luxury” thing, but living in Downtown makes this feature very useful for me. Instead I look like a dumbass when the mirrors fold in and my driver’s side mirror is flopping like a fish. It’s a new truck and this just makes it pretty embarrassing. I had talked to another dealership before about this issue and asked if they had any similar issues with other owner but they said they had never heard of that. Idk but it seems like they were lying about from what I’ve heard from other owners. Strongly considered switching to the tow mirrors but I don’t think it’s fair for me to pay $500 for replacing faulty mirrors.

I have had to replace 3 mirrors!

Wsmith

Reaction score

They all act like they have never heard of such a thing. It doesn't matter what the problem is, they all say they have never heard of such a thing happening, that response is about the same as "can't reproduce the problem".

Daredpollo

Reaction score
They all act like they have never heard of such a thing. It doesn't matter what the problem is, they all say they have never heard of such a thing happening, that response is about the same as "can't reproduce the problem".

Yeah, I’ve had that “can’t reproduce the problem” so I end up taking them on a ride

PSH

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I haven’t heard anyone having any problems with the power folding mirrors but there always has to be the first truck.
Parked in a tight spot today so I decided to fold in the mirrors but the driver side mirror never decided to stop trying to fold in. You could hear gears grinding, the window being smacked and it eventually just gives up after a minute. Tried it a couple different times and it’s getting worse. I have an app with the dealer tomorrow.
This is now the 3rd trip to the dealer in 3 months for problems like these but I knew what I was getting into but was hoping Ram got this little stuff figured out.
Anyways figured I should start a thread on it knowing I won’t be the only one.

The driver's side folding mirror on my 2019 Ram 1500 began grinding and jerking like a cable is off track or something. It now no longer moves although the motor still operates. I think repair is covered under my extended warranty, I'll have to check the warranty this weekend. I love this truck, but rarely have I encountered this sort of silliness on a Japanese vehicle (Hondas and Toyotas). This is one of those simple things a good manufacturer will nail as routine. I can see from the internet chatter such is not the case here.

PSH

Reaction score
Yeah, I’ve had that “can’t reproduce the problem” so I end up taking them on a ride

That sort of response galls me. You know they're lying and they know you know they're lying, yet they still do it. Remarkable.

2019REBEL

Reaction score
Mine "they can reproduce the problem" and both mine are working but when the fold back out the motor keeps going for another 10-15 seconds and the mirrors rattle. And of course I am in Canada and you got to bend over backwards to get anything done so my new mod is elastics wrapped around the mirror arm so they don't rattle and FCA Canada is useless, says dealer has to look at them. Duh the dealer did.

Saz

Reaction score
Add me to the list. My driver's side power folding mirror has failed on my 2019 Laramie. I noticed it always made a click or two when folding in/out since the truck was new. It also seemed to fold in too tight and would crush up against the driver window. I should have taken it in to the dealer back then, but I hardly ever use the power folding feature. Now it has failed completely and the pivot point is loose. I'm guessing the gears are stripped out.

Artrexs

Reaction score
Add me to the list. My driver's side power folding mirror has failed on my 2019 Laramie. I noticed it always made a click or two when folding in/out since the truck was new. It also seemed to fold in too tight and would crush up against the driver window. I should have taken it in to the dealer back then, but I hardly ever use the power folding feature. Now it has failed completely and the pivot point is loose. I'm guessing the gears are stripped out.

Artrexs

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread