5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your lowered 5th gens

Clv22p

Reaction score
Correct. Only thing you use from the maxtrac rear kit is the sway bar links l, shocks and springs if using the spohn bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you seen any reason to do the Core 4x4 lower arms? Im ordering parts now to copy what you have done.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you seen any reason to do the Core 4x4 lower arms? Im ordering parts now to copy what you have done.
I have core lowers as I had terrible wheel hop and these completely solved it.
9A0F76C6-BF23-4557-B45A-0B913B6E13FC.jpeg

Clv22p

Reaction score
I have core lowers as I had terrible wheel hop and these completely solved it.
View attachment 127648
You are the reason I was debating them. Ive been so torn on what to order. I don't get any wheel hop currently. I did really bad on my 4th gen that was stock though. Ive read about poor pinion angles without the bars also. I may just go without and see if I end up needing/wanting them.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You are the reason I was debating them. Ive been so torn on what to order. I don't get any wheel hop currently. I did really bad on my 4th gen that was stock though. Ive read about poor pinion angles without the bars also. I may just go without and see if I end up needing/wanting them.
I have mine set at stock length. I only got the lowers just to cure the wheel hop. Really the only way you should adjust pinion angle on these trucks is by using the control arm relocation brackets.

Also I saw your question about the panhard bar. Mike has you covered. He is right, spohn panhard bar, the maxtrac panhard bar relocation bracket isn’t needed and it actually doesn’t fit due to the spohn bar having bigger ends.

TittoPollito

Reaction score
IHC 4/6 cut kit, swapped the factory Shocks/Struts for Falcons (best mod on the truck so far) added Airlift bags just to help when hauling the race trailer. Built my own adjustable Panhard bar with left over materials from some race bikes and suspension upgrades for my '68 dart.

Attachments

• IMG_9104.JPEG
    IMG_9104.JPEG
    126.7 KB · Views: 69

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is awesome to see the lowered trucks coming out!

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
IHC 4/6 cut kit, swapped the factory Shocks/Struts for Falcons (best mod on the truck so far) added Airlift bags just to help when hauling the race trailer. Built my own adjustable Panhard bar with left over materials from some race bikes and suspension upgrades for my '68 dart.
More info on the shocks and pics of the panhard bar!

U

User_67930

Specs on the rims, they look great.

TittoPollito

Reaction score
More info on the shocks and pics of the panhard bar!
This is the set up I went with, "stock" height groove on the front, the big thing for me was the dampening adjustment for towing the the rear as my trailer is about 7800 when loaded. I still have the squat issue all rams have so I added the bags to pick it up some before I bought the falcons, night and day difference with the falcons though. As far as the Panhard bar it looks just like spohn and everyone else adjustable bar, only reason mine was cheaper is I have left over materials and I am a welder. 2019+ RAM 1500/REBEL | falcon

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is the set up I went with, "stock" height groove on the front, the big thing for me was the dampening adjustment for towing the the rear as my trailer is about 7800 when loaded. I still have the squat issue all rams have so I added the bags to pick it up some before I bought the falcons, night and day difference with the falcons though. As far as the Panhard bar it looks just like spohn and everyone else adjustable bar, only reason mine was cheaper is I have left over materials and I am a welder. 2019+ RAM 1500/REBEL | falcon
Does Falcon have shocks for lowered? Those are for leveled

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You just keep the falcons at stock height. Then run the IHC control arms. I am not sure how you handle the rear as most kits use shorter shock.
Oh I see. Thanks guys

TittoPollito

Reaction score
Oh I see. Thanks guys
So IHC uses shorter rear shocks but then has a adapter/spacer on top. There is just enough room back there for them to work, I mean I cant take a set of whoops at 80+ (maybe I can I drove I95 from Savannah to Maryland and that's kind of like Baja) but I have yet to bottom the rears out.

Users who are viewing this thread