5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your lowered 5th gens

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like the title says. I want to see everyone’s lowered 5th gens.

Post a picture and a description of your setup!

Maxtrac 2/4
Bilstein 5100 rear shocks
Spohn adjustable panhard bar
Hellwig sway bar and end links
Core 4x4 rear lower control arms
1611B1C3-9B22-4A37-9CA7-5BBB9FB08010.jpeg

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There was this thread.

But finee

2/4 maxtrac. 305/45/22 tires, 22in Vossens

be8c595f1bff032935366abee079527b.jpeg

d071aa5232d277d09c641b190be5164b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There was this thread.

But finee

2/4 maxtrac. 305/45/22 tires, 22in Vossens

be8c595f1bff032935366abee079527b.jpeg

d071aa5232d277d09c641b190be5164b.jpg

Hnnnnnnng
🤤🤤

Hambonehead

Reaction score
Like the title says. I want to see everyone’s lowered 5th gens.

Post a picture and a description of your setup!

Maxtrac 2/4
Bilstein 5100 rear shocks
Spohn adjustable panhard bar
Hellwig sway bar and end links
Core 4x4 rear lower control arms
View attachment 126324
Do you happen to have the part number for the rear shocks you used from Bilstien?

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
Do you happen to have the part number for the rear shocks you used from Bilstien?

All the info is here

Glock10mm

Reaction score
I've never understood this, people buy sports cars to be aerodynamic and handle well and go fast....why would they lift one? Same goes for a truck, not only do they look ridiculous but you take away any practical reason for purchasing a truck, it ruins offroad ability, ruins tow capability, ruins any resale value, I guess the one thing they are good at is making people point and laugh, maybe I'm missing something but what are the positives in doing this?

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've never understood this, people buy sports cars to be aerodynamic and handle well and go fast....why would they lift one? Same goes for a truck, not only do they look ridiculous but you take away any practical reason for purchasing a truck, it ruins offroad ability, ruins tow capability, ruins any resale value, I guess the one thing they are good at is making people point and laugh, maybe I'm missing something but what are the positives in doing this?
Because it is what they like and what makes them happy? Not everyone needs a lifted truck.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score

Same reason people add leveling kits and 33s or add 5in lifts and 35in tires to go grocery shopping. It’s what the individual likes.

Also even with a 2/4in drop, these trucks still sit higher than a new Durango. Plus it makes it easier to get in and out of the bed and the cab.

And to answer your incorrect assumptions. No it doesn’t ruin towing and no it doesn’t ruin resale since it’s a bolt on/off kit. And if you planned on taking your truck off-road you wouldn’t lower it.

Only thing You’re missing is the fact your close minded. I went from three fully lifted trucks to my lowered truck. And so far I’m linking my
Lowered truck more.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ll drive whatever you will pay for me to drive, how’s that?

Clv22p

Reaction score
How often do you take your truck off-road?

Lifting the truck and putting taller wheels and tires certainly doesn’t help towing, fuel mileage, or practicality of a truck.

You have some serious misconceptions about lowering. You should spend some more time in one of the lowered thread.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I’ll bet 80% of lifted trucks never see anything but pavement. But, people do it because they like the look. If done correctly, lowering does not ruin the ride or towing. It might change it some, but ruin is a little extreme. Now, if someone were to just go chopping coil springs in half, then sure, the suspension is greatly compromised. I’ve seen tons of customized vehicles that were not “my style”, but I can always appreciate the time, money and effort the owner put into it to meet their vision. In the end, all we have to “understand” is that the vehicle is modified the way the owner likes it, that’s it. And that’s all that matters.

Last edited:

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I was gonna reply saying that you're pretty ill informed but I see everyone else already did lol

U

User_67930

How low are you going? What are the odds you sell your 2/4 kit?
Going to 3/5.
I'll be using the whole rear 2/4 part of the kit so really the only thing left of the kit would be the front struts.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Going to 3/5.
I'll be using the whole rear 2/4 part of the kit so really the only thing left of the kit would be the front struts.
Are you doing the rear control arm relocation brackets?

Users who are viewing this thread