5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your lowered 5th gens

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah if just using the spring to lower it that much without changing anything else you will run into issues if you talk to maxtrac directly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U

User_67930

Are you doing the rear control arm relocation brackets?
Maybe, I'm going to see how bad the angles are without them first. I do plan to modify the bumpstops to allow for more travel in the rear.

U

User_67930

Yeah if just using the spring to lower it that much without changing anything else you will run into issues if you talk to maxtrac directly

The issues come into play with suspension travel, even with our 4" rear drop it is close back there. I have a few plans just to see what can be done to remedy that without the cut kit.
But if it does come down to me needing it it's an easy mod.

U

User_67930

They told me the control arms will hit stuff going lower

And its a real possibility that the arms may hit without the cut kit. I know the first thing they will hit is the cup that holds the bumpstop.
The 4th gens had a no cut relocation bracket, it would be nice if someone came out with one for the 5th gens!

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you guys fill me in on what you're talking about?

Clv22p

Reaction score
Can you guys fill me in on what you're talking about?
Going any lower than 4 inches requires a cut bracket.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you. There's a lot to it.

This isn't necessary for the 2/4?

U

User_67930

Thank you. There's a lot to it.

This isn't necessary for the 2/4?
Nope, not needed on the 2/4.
I will say I've been real tempted to cut the bumpstop cups off as even on my 2/4 I've smacked them a couple times.
On the way to work there is a small bridge at the bottom of a hill with a weird transition/dip back onto the pavement. If I hit that at anything above 54mph I contact the bumpstops.
But I have been running without airbags since I lowered it, I have the bags sitting here just never got around to installing them, lol

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will say I've been real tempted to cut the bumpstop cups off as even on my 2/4 I've smacked them a couple times.
On the way to work there is a small bridge at the bottom of a hill with a weird transition/dip back onto the pavement. If I hit that at anything above 54mph I contact the bumpstops.
But I have been running without airbags since I lowered it, I have the bags sitting here just never got around to installing them, lol
I see. I have the airbags right now with my reverse level.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No airbags on mine and I cut the cups completely off. I haven’t bottomed out at all. My front wheels have made contact with my fender liners a few times but that’s due to my offset of the wheels.

U

User_67930

No airbags on mine and I cut the cups completely off. I haven’t bottomed out at all. My front wheels have made contact with my fender liners a few times but that’s due to my offset of the wheels.

Sweet, then the cups are definitely coming off mine.
I'll be putting the bags in mine soon as I'm right in the middle of a garage remodel and I have a LOT of gravel to tow.

When I had the reverse level springs in I was towing over a ton of gravel without bags and it was fine, I also had over 1400lbs of capstone in the bed with zero problems.

Clv22p

Reaction score
I had a little over 1,000 lbs and the very back of the bed and was on the bumpstops with the 2inch springs this weekend. I don’t have airbags yet.

Panhard bar bracket was all in the Borla pipe. 😣
56928A8D-E1CD-4C09-9B2F-7BD69E70A773.jpeg 01FE8FDE-2A69-4146-AE90-4475F820B01D.jpeg

Mikey05g35

Reaction score
I have a question for everyone. I am lowering my truck with the 2/4 kit soon and did notice some users say when using the spohn panhard bar that you do not need the relocation brackets is that true? Trying find a good DIY of the kit

Users who are viewing this thread