5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your avg MPG on your Rebel

RangerZ

Reaction score
2019 and 13. 9-10 when I tow. It’s a little piggy

Z mann R2

Reaction score
Ugh....I just simply cannot accept that in 2020 a truck is getting the same mileage they did 25 years ago.....a quarter century and no advances in fuel economy?? My giant Escalade ESV with a monster 6.2L gets 20-21 highway all the time! Yesterday I was driving 70 mph with no wind and was getting 12.5......this is horrid

I’m furious the 6.2L AT4 has such a bland interior because man I wanted that truck so bad

Kob0583

Reaction score
I’m at 18 avg but it moves a lot from 17 on the low to 19, hit 20 now and again but 18 is definitely the average for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z mann R2

Reaction score
I’m at 18 avg but it moves a lot from 17 on the low to 19, hit 20 now and again but 18 is definitely the average for me.

I don’t understand what’s going on with mine then...I never sniff 18

Kob0583

Reaction score
How many miles? It took awhile to go up, driving style too. My commute is 33 miles one way mixed driving and it’s a 70 speed limit so fastest I drive is 75 but usually 70 due to traffic. Over 70 because of lock down so been more towards 17 now. I also have a green filter and popped the carbon filter out. Not saying that does it for sure but I seem to be doing better than other so take that how you want but again lots of things affect MPG. Also I never run below 89 in the tank and usually buy ethanol free which I think also makes a difference though not huge. Just some thoughts.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How many miles? It took awhile to go up, driving style too. My commute is 33 miles one way mixed driving and it’s a 70 speed limit so fastest I drive is 75 but usually 70 due to traffic. Over 70 because of lock down so been more towards 17 now. I also have a green filter and popped the carbon filter out. Not saying that does it for sure but I seem to be doing better than other so take that how you want but again lots of things affect MPG. Also I never run below 89 in the tank and usually buy ethanol free which I think also makes a difference though not huge. Just some thoughts.

The 100% gas will do it. I bet you'd drop 1.5-2 mpg if using ethanol gas.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Ugh....I just simply cannot accept that in 2020 a truck is getting the same mileage they did 25 years ago.....a quarter century and no advances in fuel economy?? My giant Escalade ESV with a monster 6.2L gets 20-21 highway all the time! Yesterday I was driving 70 mph with no wind and was getting 12.5......this is horrid

I’m furious the 6.2L AT4 has such a bland interior because man I wanted that truck so bad

It's unfortunate that you are so unhappy with your fuel mileage. Vehicles these days are a huge investment and no one wants to be unhappy with any aspect of his/her purchase. If fuel cost isn't a financial burden to you, I'd suggest paying a little less attention to your MPG - you'll enjoy your truck much more!

I know the window sticker on the Rebels is pretty misleading, but I think it's important to manage expectation. These trucks are heavy, have a large, powerful V8, off-road tires, 3.92s. High teens for MPG just isn't a realistic exception. There are SO many variables when it comes to MPG.

Zmann - is your truck equipped with eTorque? Also, how many miles are on your truck? - mileage should go up over time as the truck breaks in. Do you spend any amount of time driving over 70mph? - with the 3.92s I've noticed that can really lower MPG.

Z mann R2

Reaction score
No etorque and only 1000 miles so far....

My problem is that GMs 6.2L with their 10 speed tranny has spoiled me big time.....omg that combo is sooooo glorious.....a Trail Boss or AT4 with that drivetrain blow ours outta the water in power and economy.....but holy crap those interiors suck hahaha

Love my truck though.....I’m simply disappointed in that dept

Last edited:

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
No etorque and only 1000 miles so far....

My problem is that GMs 6.2L with their 10 speed tranny has spoiled me big time.....omg that combo is sooooo glorious.....a Trail Boss or AT4 with that drivetrain blow ours outta the water in power and economy.....but holy crap those interiors suck hahaha

Love my truck though.....I’m simply disappointed in that dept

I would suspect your mileage will improve....a bit... as your truck breaks in. But without etorque and the mods in your signature, I would not expect to get 17mpg. Even small lifts/suspension mods can have a slightly negative impact on fuel economy.

clazer

Reaction score
12 in town and 15 highway. Moderately modified.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lately I average around 12 city. I haven’t driven highway in so long since it gets such bad gas mileage, we always take my gf’s car LOL not complaining, keeps my mileage down ;) always thinking about how much more I like driving my rebel tho.
I do honesty think removing the carbon filter and doing my AEM dry drop in improved approx 1 mpg. I used to get 10-11 mpg. But hard to tell if that was due to my motor being young. I only have about 5,500 miles on it so far

Benca101

Reaction score
Long story... I got a call, put on adaptive cruise behind a truck and proceeded to drive about 20 miles... at 55 mph. This is the mileage after a few red lights a bit after exiting the freeway.

Attachments

• 53116A6C-6DD8-4C6B-98AD-116C201CF836.jpeg
    53116A6C-6DD8-4C6B-98AD-116C201CF836.jpeg
    99.5 KB · Views: 200

shadoweng

Reaction score
Sorry if i am being dumb here, but what is e-torque? I have less than 2000 Miles on my rebel and I am averaging about 11 mpg city. Maybe 8mpg pulling the camper.

Dumpster_on_Wheels

Reaction score
Sorry if i am being dumb here, but what is e-torque? I have less than 2000 Miles on my rebel and I am averaging about 11 mpg city. Maybe 8mpg pulling the camper.
There are 2 HEMI 5.7 options. 1 with standard alternator and the other an “e-torque” motor which starts the vehicle after traffic stops and boosts torque a tad off launches I believe.

dferdig25

Reaction score
I know fuel economy threads are everywhere but I wanted to see how all our Rebels are stacking up against each other. These 3.92’s, no air dam, and all terrain tires REALLY seem to suck the fuel down!
I’m getting mid-13’s no matter how soft I am on the gas pedal.
Yes, I am getting 12-14 MPG. I wanted to find out if anyone had changed the 3.92 to the standard 3.21 like the typical 1500 and improved the economy?

antwon412

Reaction score
5.7 Hemi. 750 miles on the truck. I’m in the 11s city. Barely broke 14 when visiting my dad and doing 250 miles of freeway cruising.

Users who are viewing this thread