5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your avg MPG on your Rebel

edgarrian

Reaction score
I average 17 to 18. Truck is stock and has the V8 its a 2019

Kob0583

Reaction score
2020 rebel, average 19 MPG its higher but the computer is about .6 off hand calc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup, I thought they were 33" as well on the Trail Boss, but 32" makes sense to eek out that bit of extra mpg, probably 1 mpg at least by doing that. Also I think they have a choice of axle ratios. But the Trail Boss is a trim package, not a more involved model like the Rebel is. It does give the advantage of being able to add the Trail Boss package to various trims, from base, LT, and various other models. You see so many more of them because of that.

As much as people hate on the looks of the Chevy Silverados of this generation? I don't hate some of the trailboss trucks.
Seeing a vehicle in person is a little different vs how they're photographed, in my opinion. It's a more visually coherent design in person.

I think they were smart to make the 6.2 available on the trailboss, but they really need a selectable locker on that truck!!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As much as people hate on the looks of the Chevy Silverados of this generation? I don't hate some of the trailboss trucks.
Seeing a vehicle in person is a little different vs how they're photographed, in my opinion. It's a more visually coherent design in person.

I think they were smart to make the 6.2 available on the trailboss, but they really need a selectable locker on that truck!!

I agree, I'm seeing a whole lot of Trail Bosses on the road recently, and it's because they are actually attractive. The regular Silverado is pretty meh, but the Trail Boss is something I'd rock if it didn't have that interior. However, they are updating it with the interior from the new Tahoe, which is very attractive. Once they do that, it really won't have a weakness.

I think they are now making Trail Bosses with the 6.2L, but you need to get it on a higher trim.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
I agree, I'm seeing a whole lot of Trail Bosses on the road recently, and it's because they are actually attractive. The regular Silverado is pretty meh, but the Trail Boss is something I'd rock if it didn't have that interior. However, they are updating it with the interior from the new Tahoe, which is very attractive. Once they do that, it really won't have a weakness.

I think they are now making Trail Bosses with the 6.2L, but you need to get it on a higher trim.

Agree to disagree. That new Tahoe interior is marginally better and still a distant second to the new F-150 and a FAR cry from Ram’s. It’s still full of cheap plastics, etc. GMC’s look great on the outside but they have fallen way behind on the interior and the “new” Tahoe interior isn’t going to move the needle much.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Agree to disagree. That new Tahoe interior is marginally better and still a distant second to the new F-150 and a FAR cry from Ram’s. It’s still full of cheap plastics, etc. GMC’s look great on the outside but they have fallen way behind on the interior and the “new” Tahoe interior isn’t going to move the needle much.

They were doing magazine test in my area, got to sit in one recently, it is very very nice, the pictures and video don't do it justice. In person, that new Tahoe's interior is vastly better than the current Silverado and honestly feels right up there with my RAM, not just my Rebel by the Limiteds I've been in.

Wait until you sit and feel it, it's going to remove all criticism of the current Silverado's interior.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They were doing magazine test in my area, got to sit in one recently, it is very very nice, the pictures and video don't do it justice. In person, that new Tahoe's interior is vastly better than the current Silverado and honestly feels right up there with my RAM, not just my Rebel by the Limiteds I've been in.

Wait until you sit and feel it, it's going to remove all criticism of the current Silverado's interior.

Good for them

I think competition is a good thing, that there really isn't a "Trash" truck made today. I don't believe there's a bad one.
Sure the Tundra is old. Yes I don't like ecoboosts and some of the coyote 5.0s have cylinder wall issues or whatever it is.
Yes the Nissan's got some fleas.
Ram's not perfect, GM uses wax coatings on their frames and you can't select the rear locker, it's "automatic" IIRC.

BUT. I don't think any of them are poorly made pieces of junk.
The "bad interior" of the chevy, while not great, I'm willing to bet a bunch of guys are going to end up keeping those trucks a decade and being fine with them. The pre-2021 Ford King Ranch? Not a bad cabin, at all.

To me the magic formula in a truck? For MY dollars
1) Must be a V8, or a big inline 6.
Ram selling the 5.7 Hemi, what was once the 3/4ton truck engine? that's gravy.
2) factory all terrain tires, real ones, large ones.
3) Light factory lift
4) No giant front air dam, I would like ground clearance.
5) A comfortable liveable interior. Big seats up front, and room in the back for myself and lady in case we [REDACTED] :ROFLMAO:
6) 4x4 with a selectable rear-locker
7) good transmission

Ram boxes are a great bonus, they were a big deal to me, but I don't know if I'd include as an absolute must on the ingredient list.
I'm a fan of bilstien shocks, to have them stock on my vehicle? Awesome.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score

Nope. Been there done that. It’s not even close to the Ram’s Limited lol . It’s a marginal improvement at best. If they really wanted to compete, they would have used their new Escalade interior.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Nope. Been there done that. It’s not even close to the Ram’s Limited lol . It’s a marginal improvement at best. If they really wanted to compete, they would have used their new Escalade interior.

No worries, we all got different opinions, we at least agree it's better than what they have now.

SamRebel2020

Reaction score
Florida to Michigan this past weekend. About 700 pounds of cargo, not much traffic and maintained 5 over limit pretty consistently. 2020 Rebel with Hemi / mild hybrid. MPG is a bit below previous vehicles (2012 F150 FX4 EcoBoost & 2017 Audi Q7) for same trip, but the ride and comfort was better.
1bd3143e88672532198ddf0a178ce9b4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I average 17 to 18. Truck is stock and has the V8 its a 2019
OK I have 800 kms and still 1/4 tank left showing 260 to empty. Lie-o- meter is showing 10 L/100km AVG (24 mpg). About 50/50 city/hwy. On the highway shes getting like 8 - 8.5 at 115 km/h. Im impressed considering its brand new, lift and the tires....

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
I don't know how any of you with the 5.7 are getting high teens. I try to baby the throttle as much as I can and can't get better than 13mpg with split city and hwy miles.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
If I drive normal, my mixed driving is about 14 mpg. This is 12 mpg city & about 17 mpg highway if I let MDS run. If I drive like a baby, like late at night so I don't **** people off, I can get 15 mpg city and over 19 mpg highway. That's keeping at the speed limit, but getting there very very slowly.

Honestly, if it wasn't my fear of getting rock hits by staying in the slower two right lanes on the highway, my mpg would be so much better. However, to avoid rock hits, I drive on the two faster lanes on the highway which requires me to drive at least 75 mph, which really hurts my mpg.

SoCalBogey

Reaction score
Almost 3600 miles on my Rebel and my mileage has steadily been increasing. I’m at 18.2 average for the life of the truck and recently got 18.6 mpg for a 678 mile road trip form Southern California to the north. I’m impressed considering I’m running 295/70 18 Cooper ST Maxx tires with a leveling suspension kit, loaded down with 3 kids, 2 adults and the normal truck bed full of camping gear. I love this truck.

***This is a non E-Torque Hemi Rebel with 3.92 gears. Only engine mod is the carbon filter removal. Freeway cruise control is usually set at 75 since I dislike speeding tickets.
My daily work commute is 18 miles round trip and about 30% freeway.
F729BD1A-E082-4D9B-BF73-BD22185D2D5B.jpeg
9DCF9B81-28DE-47F1-8137-1CA5A6165AD1.jpeg

2019REBEL

Reaction score
Just got back from a little trip 425km(264 miles) and average 11.4L/100km(24.8 Mpg/20.6 US MPG) with 90 percent highway/10 percent city. More than happy with this as the roads were twisty and hilly.

edgarrian

Reaction score
I Drove from ND to Indiana. I tried to get good gas mileage. There were times where the onboard computer said i was getting 19-20. I always hand calculated and it never worked out to this mileage. It was always 17-18.5. I have 26k on my truck and im averaging 17 to 18. Cant complain.

CarliRebel

Reaction score
I am currently getting 9.5 mpg. Truck only has 950 miles on it. I have the 5.7 non e-torque, crew cab. I have a moe’s performance throttle body, vararam intake, and a full Carven exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread