5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamTruckMan

Reaction score
OK, so I'm not even sure how to search for or really to describe this issue. I've never noticed it in a truck. I was vacuuming the rear of my truck and put my knee on approximately the centerline about where the hump would be and the floor deformed under my knee. I lifted my knee and it popped back out. I noticed there's a slight pitch towards the center from the sides. Can anyone else test this? Has anyone else noticed this in this truck or any other? It's a Crew cab and I'm wondering if it was built incorrectly. Thanks

The_Chemist

Reaction score
OK, so I'm not even sure how to search for or really to describe this issue. I've never noticed it in a truck. I was vacuuming the rear of my truck and put my knee on approximately the centerline about where the hump would be and the floor deformed under my knee. I lifted my knee and it popped back out. I noticed there's a slight pitch towards the center from the sides. Can anyone else test this? Has anyone else noticed this in this truck or any other? It's a Crew cab and I'm wondering if it was built incorrectly. Thanks
When mine gets out of the shop (hopefully soon), I'll text this for you

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Thank you! If it's a unique issue, I wonder how they'd deal with it... Lemon exchange? If it is normal, I'm not sure I'm thrilled
I'm dealing with a plethora of issues with my $70,000 Longhorn. Right now the rear differential is being rebuilt. The rear brakes are being worked on and wheel bearings are being replaced. All 9f this needs to be finished before the truck can be driven to fix the other problems the truck has The dealer has had my truck for two weeks. The first time my truck was in, the dealer spent 30 hours fixing factory defects. The defects just keep popping up. My truck is definitely a lemon.

I'm hoping to get the truck back late this week. I will definitely check out the area of the rear floor for you.

I love the Ram 1500. I'm hoping FCA will help me trade out of my factory defect plugged truck into another one. You can't get 2 lemons in a row. Right?

RamTruckMan

Reaction score
I'm dealing with a plethora of issues with my $70,000 Longhorn. Right now the rear differential is being rebuilt. The rear brakes are being worked on and wheel bearings are being replaced. All 9f this needs to be finished before the truck can be driven to fix the other problems the truck has The dealer has had my truck for two weeks. The first time my truck was in, the dealer spent 30 hours fixing factory defects. The defects just keep popping up. My truck is definitely a lemon.

I'm hoping to get the truck back late this week. I will definitely check out the area of the rear floor for you.

I love the Ram 1500. I'm hoping FCA will help me trade out of my factory defect plugged truck into another one. You can't get 2 lemons in a row. Right?

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Just got my truck back. Tested the center rear floor where the hump would normally be.

Absolutely no flexing or popping at all. Very sturdy.

In fact I jumped up and down in that area (hunched over of course) - nothing. Very rigid. I'm 5'10", 170 lbs.

Hope this helps you.

RamTruckMan

Reaction score
Just got my truck back. Tested the center rear floor where the hump would normally be.

Absolutely no flexing or popping at all. Very sturdy.

In fact I jumped up and down in that area (hunched over of course) - nothing. Very rigid. I'm 5'10", 170 lbs.

Hope this helps you.

It does, thank you! Even closer to the console? Sturdy?

The_Chemist

Reaction score
It does, thank you! Even closer to the console? Sturdy?
Yes,. I applied all my weight right behind the center console and in all the areas around the "hump" area on the rear floor.

In my truck I got literally zero flex. It was very rigid and solid. No noises or popping.

Now if 0nly the rest of my truck we're good..... It's going to be a long haul for me with getting all the factory defects corrected by the dealer. One saving Grace is that my dealer Freedom, now Heritage CDJR in Harrisburg PA is awesome. The service manager and his staff are amazing.

Keep us posted on how you make out with your truck. Good luck!

bdnc

Reaction score
I am so glad I saw this post! This happened to me on the first day I brought my Big Horn Crew Cab home. I was kneeling in the back to reach for something and the floor popped. Talk about a WTH moment. I could not find any major damage, but did make me second guess whether I got a well built truck.

So no you are not crazy it does flex.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am so glad I saw this post! This happened to me on the first day I brought my Big Horn Crew Cab home. I was kneeling in the back to reach for something and the floor popped. Talk about a WTH moment. I could not find any major damage, but did make me second guess whether I got a well built truck.

So no you are not crazy it does flex.

But is it supposed to? I don't think so. My Ram does not.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
. You can't get 2 lemons in a row. Right?
You can, which is one of the reasons I don't buy Chevrolets anymore.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 021044 miles.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
You can, which is one of the reasons I don't buy Chevrolets anymore.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 021044 miles.
Dusty, I'm pretty much screwed at this point. After my rear diff was rebuilt by the dealer, it now hops around sharp turns. Apparently, both wheels on the rear axle are not turning independently of each other when turning. It didn't do that before the rebuild. That prompted me to try 4Wd Auto, which I never tried before. The front axle is so loud! It sounds like it is groaning or scraping, almost like the gears are dry. When making a tight turn it sounds like the wheels are scraping the fender liners. They're not, but that's what it sounds like. Hopefully the dealer can fix all this stuff!

Sorry for the off thread topic rant!

Users who are viewing this thread