5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pop behind dash (screen) and wont start

Txtech25

Reaction score
I did have a bad battery, which was replaced under warranty (thank goodness). Headlight was bad also. They stated that the check engine light was caused by the battery. No issues after the change and was happy that my dealership took great care of me. Thanks for all the help everyone. I appreciate you guys helping walk me through this.

nathanw81

Reaction score
Just got bit by this bug too. Went out this morning to start my truck and just the click/pop noise. I tried jumping and resetting without any luck. It’s currently being towed to the dealership.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just got bit by this bug too. Went out this morning to start my truck and just the click/pop noise. I tried jumping and resetting without any luck. It’s currently being towed to the dealership.

I'm very sorry to hear this, nathanw81. If you are in need of any assistance while working with your dealer, please do not hesitate to send us a private message. We are more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

mike12193

Reaction score

See the replies above. Your battery is under voltage. Let us know if the dealer figures out what discharged your battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nathanw81

Reaction score
So oddly enough the dealership replaced the starter. After they replaced it, no issues.

RamCares

Reaction score
So oddly enough the dealership replaced the starter. After they replaced it, no issues.

Thank you for following up to share this update, nathanw81. I'm glad to hear that your dealer was able to get this taken care of! Should you experience any additional questions or concerns down the road, our team is always just a PM away and more than happy to help.

Mark
RamCares

Kokolglg

Reaction score
I had the same issue today with my 2019 ram limited a loud pop in the dash i thought its a key fob detection issue so tried to start the truck with putting the key fob on the start button doesn’t work , ill try to jump start or replace the battery and I’ll let you know guys .thanks for your help

andyg2979

Reaction score
Glad to have found this thread. I have this same issue currently. I have a call out to service as the truck has 23k on it.

RamCares

Reaction score
Glad to have found this thread. I have this same issue currently. I have a call out to service as the truck has 23k on it.
Hi andyg2979,
If you need any additional assistance alongside your dealer, feel free to send us a PM. We'd be happy to help.

Sarah
Ram Cares

DieselScott

Reaction score
Just had this issue today. Just a pop noise and no start. 2019 ram 2500 18k miles. Tow truck on the way.

Reaction score
I too just went out to try my 2019 1500. It had been trouble free for the last year or so. Only 24,000 miles and sits in my garage most of the time. I had not used it in about two weeks and got the pop and click noise. Now the power break is lost so hard to push it down. i will be calling AAA shortly to assist. At least its in my garage but hate the thought of needing a tow 20 miles to dealer. Pop sounded like it came from the audio system as it was really loud.

ktl5005

Reaction score
Bringing back from the dead.

2019 Limited. 32k miles. Went to start it after work and same thing. A click and a loud pop and dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Step won’t retract. Cab lights up and doors lock. ACC works, but radio doesn’t.
Kicker is stuck on the 5th floor parking garage 🤦‍♂️

Hoping my dad and his jump pack get me enough juice to at least get it to the dealer.

ktl5005

Reaction score
Update: battery has no juice. It took all of the battery pack juice and then still had to use jumper cables off my dads truck. Voltage meter running is 14.4 amps. Leaving it on a trickle charger overnight and going to the auto parts store in the morning to clear the codes and check the battery.

ktl5005

Reaction score
Autozone confirmed battery was dead, won’t hold a charge and no reserve capacity to crank. Went with a Diehard Platinum AGM with more cold crank amps and more reserve capacity than stock. Now to the dealer to clear the codes…

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Autozone confirmed battery was dead, won’t hold a charge and no reserve capacity to crank. Went with a Diehard Platinum AGM with more cold crank amps and more reserve capacity than stock. Now to the dealer to clear the codes…
Codes related to a dead battery clear them self after 5 or 6 drive cycles. Mo need to go to the dealer. You can go to the auto parts store and have them clear the codes for free.

ktl5005

Reaction score
Codes related to a dead battery clear them self after 5 or 6 drive cycles. Mo need to go to the dealer. You can go to the auto parts store and have them clear the codes for free.
Autozone wouldn’t clear it for me. It was only 1 code.

ktl5005

Reaction score
Thanks. I’ll just do that. I’ve cycled it a few times in the engine light is out but my dash is still lit up with the traction control, ABS, ACC, and I lost all my Parking sensors. Light is on for the switch, but when I turned it on it says system unavailable.

Last edited:

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. I’ll just do that. I’ve cycled it a few times in the engine light is out but my dash is still lit up with the traction control, ABS, ACC, and I lost all my Parking sensors. Light is on for the switch, but when I turned it on it says system unavailable.
Give it some time, this truck is tricky after a battery disconnect. Usually, all the menus come back online and the bcm resets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online