5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor gas mileage

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I filled up at work which is in an affluent neighborhood and literally the only station within miles. After I got home I drove over to the local racetrac and their non-ethanol is ridiculous!

Attachments

• PXL_20220225_224146532.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220225_224146532.MP.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 52

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I filled up at work which is in an affluent neighborhood and literally the only station within miles. After I got home I drove over to the local racetrac and their non-ethanol is ridiculous!
That's about what I pay for non-ethanol.

The Hound 2021

Reaction score
My neighborhood's not really affluent, well it's not even really a neighborhood but our gas is the same price and we can't even get non ethanol. 😄

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Alabama isn't notorious for high gas prices compared robrhe national average but I'm surprised it's not more where there's literally zero competition. I put 91 non-ethanol in for less than regular 87 from the Murphy USA right down the road from me with 6 other gas stations a stones throw away.

U

User_3336

Alabama isn't notorious for high gas prices compared robrhe national average but I'm surprised it's not more where there's literally zero competition. I put 91 non-ethanol in for less than regular 87 from the Murphy USA right down the road from me with 6 other gas stations a stones throw away.
Murphy USA gas is crap.

CrazyWorld

Ram Guru
Reaction score

There is a sign at a gas station that said, 'We take Visa, Mastercard, Discover Card, and American Express.'​

After I filled up they took my Visa, Master Card, my Discover Card, and my American Express.

U

User_3336

I’m a Walmart+ member
Yeah, they recently took away the discount by using a walmart gift card.........But doesn't the 3 cent discount you receive on gas sorta negate the walmart + membership (12.95 a month)???

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, they recently took away the discount by using a walmart gift card.........But doesn't the 3 cent discount you receive on gas sorta negate the walmart + membership (12.95 a month)???
That's some pretty serious driving (432 gallons) to break even ;)

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Well, unless you actually use it for other things too and the gas discount is just a bonus.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well, unless you actually use it for other things too and the gas discount is just a bonus.
Yes we do. The biggest benefit is the free home delivery of groceries. We started this during the pandemic, and now we’re spoiled lol. Definitely worth the $12

Last edited:

jshvttlesworth

Reaction score
I've seen reports of others getting poor gas mileage in their 5th Generation Rams. Mine is horrible. Has anyone else gotten a dealer to figure out what's wrong with this truck?
I've had my truck in the shop twice now for this issue. The Ram technicians are not able to find anything wrong with the truck.

It is a 2019 ram 1500 limited 4x4 crew cab with eTorque engine. Fuel economy is supposed to be 17 city, 22 highway.
I have the active suspension, and every option imaginable. 12" touch screen (which I would not recommend after living with it).
I only get 12-13 mpg city and 15-16mpg highway.
I have the 3.92 rear axle with anti-spin diff.
Eco mode almost never turns on in this new truck.
I have no performance options other than what the truck came with.
I have 12,500 miles on it now.

My 2016 ram quad cab with 5.7 hemi 4x4 got 20mpg or better consistently on the highway thanks to the eco mode.
I should be getting at least within 1 to 2 mpg of what is stated. My 2016 truck promised 20mpg and I got better.
I drive conservatively. I drive mostly highway. I don't idle the truck.
I thought the eTorque would be the way to go. I would not recommend it.
I've owned 4 of these trucks, each one better than the last, until this latest one.

I was given a loaner 2019 Ram 1500 with the Hemi, crew cab, same as my truck, but no eTorque option. I towed a trailer with that loaner truck for 250 miles and averaged 19.5mpg in tow/haul mode. It was the same year as mine 4x4 with the crew cab and hemi, and it got much better gas mileage. The only difference is mine has the eTorque, and this loaner did not. I can't get gas mileage that good in my truck, when it's empty and riding steady at 65mph on the highway. When I tow, I get 12 on the highway.

Something is wrong with my truck that is not wrong with all of them. Has anyone else experienced this and have you gotten it properly fixed? I'm at the point where I'm fighting with my dealer and I need to tell him what it is. He has put the OBD tester on it and says it has no codes.
I’m getting 7-9mpg here in North Dakota.

may behicle likes to pretend it’s a Trx.

no but really, should I get my vehicle inspected?

not does get in the negative temps here often during the winter

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score

Have you had any modifications done to it? Your signature is blank. Mine gets lower milage (not that low) because of the lift, larger tires and heavy foot.

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score

What’s been done to your truck? Specs? Is it city/Hwy miles?

Users who are viewing this thread