5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please use the search function before posting questions or issues

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
When I searched "CD Player", all my phone did was laugh at me.

And I didnt blame it one bit. It WAS funny. But I was still embarassed.

feaguy

Reaction score
There is a good chance that your question or issue has been asked already if you do a search you can quite possibly get an answer to your question right away. It's also important to post in the correct sections, IE: Issues with your truck in the TSB, Maintenance and Warranty issue section as it helps keep things organized for others looking for answers to questions.

Also and I know this won't come across the right way but I don't know how else to say it, please don't PM me with your VIN number, contact info and if you're having problems with your truck. I don't work for FCA, I can't help you, and there is a good chance that whatever the issue is has already been covered here in the forums. Please do a search first and if it is something new, then make a new thread.

I've heard this time and again on forums for 20 years or more. Seems an exercise in futility at this point.

RichT

Reaction score
It is important to note to not only use the search function to find an old thread on your desired topic, but to also *use* that thread in many cases to ask your question.

it might seem like you are digging up an old topic, or "stealing someones thread", but you are not, you are adding content, and potentially answers, to existing content that others will eventually search for and benefit from.

...that is a good thing.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I can't find an existing thread that I know is somewhere in 5thgenrams forums, even using the internal search tool (which does happen on occasion), I will then open a new browser tab and using DuckDuckGo ("DDG") I will type "5thgenrams" in the DDG search box, along with the exact terms I'm searching on, and sometimes DDG can find the thread when I had no luck finding a particular thread with the internal 5thgenrams search. BTW, this is not peculiar to 5thgenrams website, on occasion I have to do this with nearly every other forums website I frequent. The way I think of it, if I didn't find it using a website's internal search function, I have nothing to lose by trying an external search engine in addition to the internal one. My external search engine preference is DDG, but of course one can use Bing or Google or whatever their preferred search engine is.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Can we not start any more threads about searching? This has been talked about already... :p

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can we not start any more threads about searching? This has been talked about already... :p

To whom was your post directed? This particular thread was started by the admin a couple of months ago.

JAGITA

Reaction score
Who cares. Post what you want. Forum nazis are always going to complain. You can always ignore it.
anytime I search for something Vidmate iTunes Notepad++ I never find whathttps: /please-use-the-search-function-before-posting-questions-or-issues.4990/page-2 Im looking for

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread