5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please use the search function before posting questions or issues

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a good chance that your question or issue has been asked already if you do a search you can quite possibly get an answer to your question right away. It's also important to post in the correct sections, IE: Issues with your truck in the TSB, Maintenance and Warranty issue section as it helps keep things organized for others looking for answers to questions.

Also and I know this won't come across the right way but I don't know how else to say it, please don't PM me with your VIN number, contact info and if you're having problems with your truck. I don't work for FCA, I can't help you, and there is a good chance that whatever the issue is has already been covered here in the forums. Please do a search first and if it is something new, then make a new thread.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
So, uh, Jared, can I PM you my VIN and contact info? See, I ordered the BUG with my truck and I didn't get the bed step. I'm too lazy to search, but I'm pretty sure no one else has had this problem and I want to file an official complaint with FCA. I've heard you're the man to contact.

Last edited:

Dodgeboy

Reaction score
The search function on this website is very sub par. Many searches return no results at all. For instance, I was searching for an issue with the ABS light being on; ABS returns no results because it is too short. The point of my post is that some folks may have searched before posting, and came up with nothing. You can't always assume that the poster didn't search before posting a redundant question/post.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The search function on this website is very sub par. Many searches return no results at all. For instance, I was searching for an issue with the ABS light being on; ABS returns no results because it is too short. The point of my post is that some folks may have searched before posting, and came up with nothing. You can't always assume that the poster didn't search before posting a redundant question/post.

No forum will let you search anything under 4 letters from my understanding, it's a MySQL database issue which is the type of database which runs every forum. To get around that we have included Google search on top of the forum search as well. By all means if you can't find something start a thread for it, this was just a reminder since at time threads will get started with the same question as the threads right from under them. I also don't want any more PM's from people asking if they can Lemon law their truck because they got a nail in their tire.

BEA2E45F-7EDB-443D-A8AB-AC7173F6DCC0.png

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for bumping this. This is one of the biggest issues I have with this forum. Multiple conversations about the exact same review/video in multiple forums. This is currently becoming an issue with the TFL Truck IKE Challenge for the GMC/Ford/Ram. I'd love to discuss it, but when I see many separate conversations about the exact same content...I'm just not going to touch anything but the original thread.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for bumping this. This is one of the biggest issues I have with this forum. Multiple conversations about the exact same review/video in multiple forums. This is currently becoming an issue with the TFL Truck IKE Challenge for the GMC/Ford/Ram. I'd love to discuss it, but when I see many separate conversations about the exact same content...I'm just not going to touch anything but the original thread.

It makes things a mess for sure. As mods we try to merge threads when we see them but we definitely don't see everything and all the mods are volunteers that help out while working full time jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I tried to merge the tfl video. Then another popped up.

It is discouraging, and I try not to delete things because sometimes we get new info.

I keep planning to get stuff together, but I had to take a break from the mirror, payload, towing and rear gear talk. We get it figured out amongst ourselves and someone comes to open them up again...but like I said, some with more info...some, just a broken record.

Can't wait til the used market gets here, and the 2021 refresh lol

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh, I totally get it. I'm not complaining about the mods a single bit. The participants need to police themselves to some degree, or they'll make a mess of it. I don't want to be the 'repost police' when I run across duplicate threads, but my OCD is twisting me in knots. :geek:

S

Smashy71

Who cares. Post what you want. Forum nazis are always going to complain. You can always ignore it.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Who cares. Post what you want. Forum nazis are always going to complain. You can always ignore it.

I care because it turns things into a mess. It's easier and faster to find answers to questions that have already been answered than to post a question that's already been answered and wait.

Last edited:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, I totally get it. I'm not complaining about the mods a single bit. The participants need to police themselves to some degree, or they'll make a mess of it. I don't want to be the 'repost police' when I run across duplicate threads, but my OCD is twisting me in knots. :geek:
If anyone finds a multiple thread, or think something goes with something else or somewhere else, hit report and with an explanation and I will gladly move it to a more organized place.

I patrol the towing, off roading, open discussion, HD, and competition the most. Other forums I can not get to all of them.

And Uconnect...we have a section for that specifically and some miss it

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I care because it turns things into a message. It's easier and faster to find answers to questions that have already been answered than to post a question that's already been answered and wait.

Ive yet to find that to be true I have a very hard time searching for things .

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Get creative and try different search terms. Approach the search from a different angle. Sometimes you can try something that gets you a lot of hits, then you try and tweak it with other terms that help limit the returns.

If at first you don't succeed...

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Get creative and try different search terms. Approach the search from a different angle. Sometimes you can try something that gets you a lot of hits, then you try and tweak it with other terms that help limit the returns.

If at first you don't succeed...
That's what I do still doesn't come up

PTRAM

Reaction score
Just exactly where is this search function as I have always used one on the Jeep Cherokee forum (my other vehicle) but I don't see it here where I have been looking. I look at many threads to see if there is a thread that might answer my question. Any direction to the search for threads would be appreciated. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread