5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please stop making black and red trucks...

Nick54

Reaction score
Back in 2010 when I bought my Tacoma and began moding it for off road, just about everyone was murdering out (all black) thier Tacos. Seems like its still a trend 10 years later. I for one think its over saturation. At the end of the day its your truck and you make it what you want.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Red and black two tone Rebels make the red/black interior look like it really belongs. My previous 2004 Dodge Cummins 4x4 quad cab Laramie was charcoal metallic and the truck before that was a black 1997 F-250 light duty 4x4 (F-150 3 door body), both gorgeous trucks. When it came to ordering my new Rebel, I wanted a new color that "popped" with all the black grill, sport hood louvers, and other blacked out emblems, etc. It is striking combo and here in Portland, Oregon I am very surprised that I have seen just a few 2019 Rams and not a single Rebel but I am retired so I am not sitting in commuter traffic where it would be the place to see them. (sleeping in zzzzzz) Other than white, black, and a few shades of gray, only flame red was left....lol. IMG_2627.jpg Besides, it looked cool in all the 19 Ram brochures :cool: IMG_2790.jpg

Last edited:

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had a Patriot Blue on a past truck.....it is just too dark on the '19s. Blue Streak is nice, but I'll never have a the same color back to back on a truck....so Delmonico Red it was!

OLGkKFm.jpg

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Red and black two tone Rebels make the red/black interior look like it really belongs. My previous 2004 Dodge Cummins 4x4 quad cab Laramie was charcoal metallic and the truck before that was a black 1997 F-250 light duty 4x4 (F-150 3 door body), both gorgeous trucks. When it came to ordering my new Rebel, I wanted a new color that "popped" with all the black grill, sport hood louvers, and other blacked out emblems, etc. It is striking combo and here in Portland, Oregon I am very surprised that I have seen just a few 2019 Rams and not a single Rebel but I am retired so I am not sitting in commuter traffic where it would be the place to see them. (sleeping in zzzzzz) Other than white, black, and a few shades of gray, only flame red was left....lol. View attachment 21859 Besides, it looked cool in all the 19 Ram brochures :cool:
Does look cool! That thing just screams pull me over!

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had a Patriot Blue on a past truck.....it is just too dark on the '19s. Blue Streak is nice, but I'll never have a the same color back to back on a truck....so Delmonico Red it was!

OLGkKFm.jpg
My previous truck was a 15 Sierra in Light Steel Gray metallic. People either loved it or hated it. I thought it was pretty sharp. I usually go for unique colors that are not so common, but when I saw the Granite Crystal Sport, it just did it for me!
20181112_114643.jpg

RAMiller

Reaction score
I’ll take my black any day!!! Own 5 vehicles including my 19’ RAM and they are all black with black interior.

Attachments

• A1E48E74-F450-42D2-AA8B-73B53A408271.jpeg
    A1E48E74-F450-42D2-AA8B-73B53A408271.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 33

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Although I bought Black lol, I agree. I couldn’t find any blue streak, patriot, or max steel trucks. In any trims.

Then I saw a black rebel and loved it. I was leaning on a max steel longhorn before this. Or maybe a blue streak Laramie.

doublenichols

Reaction score
RAM LIMITED.jpg
Perhaps it's harder to keep clean (easy for me), but BLACK is all I'll EVER own!! I honestly can't get with de-badging, blacking out, or de-chroming (I love my chrome), but to each his own. I've owned 14 or so black vehicles, but I confess that I ALMOST bought the Delmonico Red. ...Gave it a long hard thought (nearly 5 whole minutes)!!! ...and then everything went black!!!:ROFLMAO:

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
C
Does look cool! That thing just screams pull me over! JHill responds..... The cops seem to leave 66 year old bald white guys alone even in a flame red/black Hemi truck with a Magnaflow cat back rumble but I avoid doing anything too stupid unless I know they aren't around....lol....still a little bit of kid left in me :cool:

Fidomac

Reaction score
...at least for a little bit. I swear every dealer in my area only have black and red. I would say 50% of the inventory is black and another 25% delmonico red. Patriot blue is a beautiful color, and I actually like the rugged brown. How about we make a nice run of those colors. Thanks #ramcares @RamCares
You will regret having a black truck in Oklahoma in the summer

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
You will regret having a black truck in Oklahoma in the summer
I traded in a black 300 with black leather interior for my truck and never regretted it in the Texas summers...

remote start is awesome.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
People always say that like other vehicles don’t get hot. Like if I get a white vehicle with black leather then it magically won’t be hot.
Maybe someday they will build solar panels into roof and then turn on a ventilation fan to keep inside temps lower. Maybe design power rear window slider with bugscreen and weather shielding so it could stay open when parked on hot day even in thunderstorm. Just an idea!

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Maybe someday they will build solar panels into roof and then turn on a ventilation fan to keep inside temps lower. Maybe design power rear window slider with bugscreen and weather shielding so it could stay open when parked on hot day even in thunderstorm. Just an idea!
BMW had the fan idea back in the late 2000s. If it got over a certain temp inside, it would open the windows s little and circulate air from outside to cool it down.

The tech is there...not sure what it would cost for RAM to put it in our trucks...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do see mostly black and Delmonico red Rams around me. I usually don't buy the same color twice but this is my second black Ram in a row although this one has the metal flake in the paint so not exactly the same. I have yet to see any patriot blue or blue streak Rams on the street, I almost ordered blue but changed my mind last minute.

41magmag41

Reaction score
Im partial to my flame red big horn. Put a coat of 100% carnauba wax on her the other day, 2 hours spent doing it, and the truck looks like you can swim in it.

Users who are viewing this thread