5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please stop making black and red trucks...

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im partial to my flame red big horn. Put a coat of 100% carnauba wax on her the other day, 2 hours spent doing it, and the truck looks like you can swim in it.
I agree! Everybody has the color truck that "floats their boat!" My last Ram was charcoal gray and previous Ford was black. Both were gorgeous trucks. Wanted to do a different color and flame red is the color that makes the Rebel pop. People tend to notice it when on road.

Attachments

• IMG_2627.jpg
    IMG_2627.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2716.jpg
    IMG_2716.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2787.jpg
    IMG_2787.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2622.jpg
    IMG_2622.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

geotex1

Reaction score
It's called Granite Crystal Metallic and it's gorgeous!! Hahahaha. See, I don't care for white. It's all personal preference. It was down to a Delmonico red one and the one I ended up with. The red one was sharp, but it had chrome bumpers, ultimately color matched won out. I actually don't mind the chrome bumpers, it's the chrome grills I don't care for.

Easy to fix:

ddharris

Reaction score
Delmonico Red would be my choice. I ended up with Billet Silver Metallic because I was going quad cab( hard to find). I'm normally not a silver guy because most times it's more of a boring "flat" silver. Billet Silver Metallic really pops in the sun with tons of flake. Best / richest silver I have seen.
I like it.

Attachments

• IMG_3854.JPG
    IMG_3854.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3856.JPG
    IMG_3856.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 30

Firebird

Reaction score
Here in my area, black is crazy popular, and as you can see from my pic, I have a black one. I was not looking for black, but I had 2 criteria that were mandatory for me on the new body. First, it had to be painted front end and bumpers (not a fan of the chrome nose on these new trucks) and second, 3.92 gears were mandatory. This was the only truck on the entire lot that hit both criteria, and the only one with 3.92 gears. Whoever does their ordering just orders 3.21 gears, and I refuse to own one of those.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I see a lot of white Rams driving around here. Next popular would be black...but I don't understand why.

...but really, they're all Delmonico Red underneath. :p

Ordering managers follow their preferred 'recipe' for a truck. I would find multiples with the same configurations at each dealership. I just had to locate the dealership that was ordering something that I wanted...without tow mirrors.

Users who are viewing this thread