5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please stop making black and red trucks...

gpbst3

Reaction score
...at least for a little bit. I swear every dealer in my area only have black and red. I would say 50% of the inventory is black and another 25% delmonico red. Patriot blue is a beautiful color, and I actually like the rugged brown. How about we make a nice run of those colors. Thanks #ramcares @RamCares

Truckin

Reaction score
...at least for a little bit. I swear every dealer in my area only have black and red. I would say 50% of the inventory is black and another 25% delmonico red. Patriot blue is a beautiful color, and I actually like the rugged brown. How about we make a nice run of those colors. Thanks #ramcares @RamCares
Yeah but we all know Delmonico Red's are faster...

mkel2010

Reaction score
Limited color selection for the Limited trim was one of the disappointments when I was shopping for my 1500 - that and the $100 upcharge for any paint regardless of color. I ended up choosing Delmonico Red as the lesser of all evils.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was close to buying a Delmonico red one, but it had a few options I didn't want/want unless they were free, so I looked at other models. That's how I ended up with Maximum Steel, which I really like and which had options I did want (North package). So I dig the color but I will say Delmonico red is a really nice color as well.

Black looks awesome on a truck but it's a pain in the *** to keep clean and hide scratches. I have had 2 black trucks and both always looked awesome for 5 minutes.

White always looks dirty and like a fleet truck. I look at white trucks all day long at work.

I'm glad you don't see colors like orange or lime green running around. It makes the truck line look foo foo and like a joke.

DM-SC

Reaction score
I was close to buying a Delmonico red one, but it had a few options I didn't want/want unless they were free, so I looked at other models. That's how I ended up with Maximum Steel, which I really like and which had options I did want (North package). So I dig the color but I will say Delmonico red is a really nice color as well.

My 2014 Sport was Ruby Red. I loved the color and was going to get a Delmonico Red Laramie w/sport package but, it had the 22" wheelz. I just don't like the 22" wheel as much as the 20" sport package wheel.

I ended up going with the Granite Crystal. I think I could have been happy with any of the colors. Just no black or white.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2014 Sport was Ruby Red. I loved the color and was going to get a Delmonico Red Laramie w/sport package but, it had the 22" wheelz. I just don't like the 22" wheel as much as the 20" sport package wheel.

I ended up going with the Granite Crystal. I think I could have been happy with any of the colors. Just no black or white.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
That was me as well. The one I was looking at had 22" wheels for $1500 and the sunroof for $1500. I didn't like the wheels, and I don't want to buy 22" tires down the road either. And all holes in a roof eventually leak, drains or not. And I have a convertible for when I want to see the sun, which as a melanoma survivor isn't all that often ;)

Jackham

Reaction score
Well guys there is no "black and white". Once you get close and really look at the paint you find it is amazing. Amazingly deep. Amazingly beautiful. All the colors are very deep and beautiful. I loved the blue but I did not feel it adequately matched my saddle black interior which is amazing. That being said the current obsession with blacked out flatted out down coded colors is so European....and in my opinion the Europeans always have their head up their butt....just look what they think is good with dress jackets (suits) Too small by a third and only the middle button buttoned with the threat it could pop any minute. Only works for skinny little worms which American men are not.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had my custom ordered Rebel since August and I haven't seen another flame red one on road yet....other than mine. IMG_2716.jpg IMG_2787.jpg IMG_3270.JPG

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did just a quick wash yesterday and used Turtle Wax Wax & Dry spray on, and man does it pop! I can see why Granite Crystal is so popular! Looks real good when it’s clean, but like black, it shows dirt real quick. It’s raining today, so in the garage it will stay!

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Sure doesn't seem like any of the dealers are ordering Patriot Blue, Forrest Green, or Rugged Brown. I have yet to see one on a dealer lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/