5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please stop making black and red trucks...

gpbst3

Reaction score
Sure doesn't seem like any of the dealers are ordering Patriot Blue, Forrest Green, or Rugged Brown. I have yet to see one on a dealer lot.

Local dealer has a patriot blue and rugged brown. However they are base model bighorns, no led lighting group or nav. Not even an option for me.

cw_mi

Reaction score
Love my truck but am bummed seeing so many of them around and the same color.
b9fb48fda31e4ea90310fce9195bdace.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Local dealer has a patriot blue and rugged brown. However they are base model bighorns, no led lighting group or nav. Not even an option for me.
That's cool that you can at least see those colors in person there. When I ordered my truck, I ordered the Patriot Blue without ever seeing it in person first because none of the 4 dealerships I visited had any on the lot. The one guy that told me he had one ended up showing me the Steel color and told me that was it lol.

GRB

Reaction score
When I was looking for mine I did a 100 mile radius search for a 4X2 Patriot Blue and had only one match, which I bought. To be honest I kind of like having one of the rarer colors, I haven't seen even one like it on the road in the local area.

GSOLCT

Reaction score
I had a hell of a time finding the truck I wanted and my only conditions were no silver or charcoal, hate those colors and always will. That is me if you like them that is awesome we all deserve a truck just the way we want. But, anyways here in Jacksonville go to any car dealership and they are over run with silver and charcoal. Finally found a white one in the configuration I wanted, but it was a slog, none of the blacked out available with options I wanted.

If I lived in a dream world I would have gone patriot blue or forest green, but I am a realist.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sure doesn't seem like any of the dealers are ordering Patriot Blue, Forrest Green, or Rugged Brown. I have yet to see one on a dealer lot.
When I was shopping, I came across a Patriot Blue Longhorn on a dealer lot. It just barely came in second for us...that Delmonico Red in the sun!

But to your point, I’ve yet to see a Forest Green or Rugged Brown 5th gen in person.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a hell of a time finding the truck I wanted and my only conditions were no silver or charcoal, hate those colors and always will. That is me if you like them that is awesome we all deserve a truck just the way we want. But, anyways here in Jacksonville go to any car dealership and they are over run with silver and charcoal. Finally found a white one in the configuration I wanted, but it was a slog, none of the blacked out available with options I wanted.

If I lived in a dream world I would have gone patriot blue or forest green, but I am a realist.
It's called Granite Crystal Metallic and it's gorgeous!! Hahahaha. See, I don't care for white. It's all personal preference. It was down to a Delmonico red one and the one I ended up with. The red one was sharp, but it had chrome bumpers, ultimately color matched won out. I actually don't mind the chrome bumpers, it's the chrome grills I don't care for.

DM-SC

Reaction score
I thought white was absence of all color and black was all colors combined.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
I thought white was absence of all color and black was all colors combined.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Depends...with light all color combine to make white, absence of all colors is black.

With paint, absence of color is white, combination is gray.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Maple

Reaction score
I almost had to settle for a black truck, found my forest green at a sister dealership to one of my local ones, they went and got it for me. Patriot Blue was my first choice, but couldn't find anything within a thousand miles, couldn't even custom order that color at the time. I don't mind Delmonico Red, but that's the color of my neighbors Ram, and similar to the color of the vehicle the Ram replaced. I didn't want white, because around here everyone would ask for my landscaping business card. :p
The other colors were all in the running (except ivory, no offense to those who like it, just seemed like a white truck that would always look a little bit dirty).

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
...at least for a little bit. I swear every dealer in my area only have black and red. I would say 50% of the inventory is black and another 25% delmonico red. Patriot blue is a beautiful color, and I actually like the rugged brown. How about we make a nice run of those colors. Thanks #ramcares @RamCares
Completely agree! The blacked out look has been played out. Not to offend anyone, but it’s so ubiquitous now it’s kinda lost the cool factor. And I don’t recall seeing any Rebel locally that isn’t red. But my local dealer is one the top ranked, they get all the hard to get allocations, so I guess they know what they are doing.

Creep0321

Reaction score
I’ve only been in the states about 2 weeks now. I’ve only seen 3 ‘19 Rams (not on dealer lots) 1 silver, de-badged in FL, 1 Black appearance in Clarksville TN, one black appearance in Wilmington NC. I’m surprised I haven’t seen more granit crystal, since on the poll here it is popular, and what I have :). The first ‘19 Ram I saw was a sport model in granite crystal in Germany.

Rascalin

Reaction score
When I bought my 19 my color choices were in order Blue, Red, or white....everything else was over played in my area. So when I found the Blue Streak set up I had in mind I pulled the trigger....as of right now I am the only 19 Blue Ram in this area. I did like the flame red and white sport look when I was shopping for the truck. The patriot blue was nice but I like the vibrant color of the blue streak. fullsizeoutput_694.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread