5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please post your Tire and Loading sticker

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Yep those are lower than I expected. Curious about the BigHorn Crew Cab payload if you see one. Thanks for sharing those numbers!
Here you go...I think your order is close to what I have...I'd take a picture but my truck won't be home till Thursday-ish

IMG_20180724_003923.jpg

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here you go...I think your order is close to what I have...I'd take a picture but my truck won't be home till Thursday-ish

View attachment 1735
Yep I’ll start with 1780 lbs off the advertisement spreadsheet for a Hemi eTorque Crew 5’7” model, but with each heavy option you add that number comes down (I didn’t realize this at first) so with my options listed below I’m now expecting somethig closer to 1500. The door sticker takes into account all those options and is sadly but realistically lower. Upload a pic of your truck’s door sticker when it comes back we’ll see where yours is.

ewag

Reaction score
How close is the mopar towing guide to the sticker on the door? Not the table, but the one you put the vin in to get?

When I put my VIN in, it gives me max towing and payload with same generic salesman kind of info you'd get from a brochure. My door stickers tell me what the payload is, but still nothing that tells me what MY SPECIFIC truck is rated to tow. I know there are several factors that go in to that number (engine, tranny, rear end, options, etc), but it's one of the most elusive facts for me right now.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I put my VIN in, it gives me max towing and payload with same generic salesman kind of info you'd get from a brochure. My door stickers tell me what the payload is, but still nothing that tells me what MY SPECIFIC truck is rated to tow. I know there are several factors that go in to that number (engine, tranny, rear end, options, etc), but it's one of the most elusive facts for me right now.
If you have your payload sticker, and it lists your GCVWR then you just do the math. GVWR minus the payload gives you a good estimate of your dry weight. Remeber, everything you add takes away from your payload and trailer rating. So if you add bigger tires,wheels, toolbox, side steps, bed cover, it all takes away.

So, your GVWR should be 7100 and your GCVWR should be 17000, but only 13900 if you have 3.21 gears.(you don't have this listed)

So say you have your truck loaded at 6300 giving you 800 pounds for tongue weight and theoretically 10700 for trailer, but most trailers are 10% tongue weight so you are looking at 8000 lb trailer.

Make sense, every single person is going to have a different acceptable tow rating, based on payload.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And I am now convinced the biggest loss in payload is going from the standard size 18" to the larger sizes. You lose payload cause the larger sizes aren't rated as high.

ewag

Reaction score
And I am now convinced the biggest loss in payload is going from the standard size 18" to the larger sizes. You lose payload cause the larger sizes aren't rated as high.

For me and my lifestyle / needs for a truck, going with the 22s on my Pavement Princess and losing some payload was the right thing to do. :cool:

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine seems low, do have 6’4” bed, 33gal fuel, protection group (skid plates) and e torque, other options in my signature. 972C6679-8A01-40B1-B4F6-41591C46C058.jpeg

Attachments

• F407361D-7AA0-4196-A016-44D2F62BE097.jpeg
    F407361D-7AA0-4196-A016-44D2F62BE097.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 86
Last edited by a moderator:

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If that were true the GVWR would be lower for the bigger tire/wheel equipped trucks but that’s not what we’re seeing. They still have the typical 7100lb weight rating with the bigger wheel/tire combinations.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If that were true the GVWR would be lower for the bigger tire/wheel equipped trucks but that’s not what we’re seeing. They still have the typical 7100lb weight rating with the bigger wheel/tire combinations.
You are correct, the GVWR is still the same, so has to be the weight of the wheels, but I wouldn't necessarily think they would weigh that much more...back to the drawing board, but there is definitely a difference in payload between the 2

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here are the correct pics. Sorry for the confusion.... this is embarrassing. Hopefully someone gets a chuckle at my expense.

View attachment 1716

View attachment 1717

I have pics of my wife's Honda placards JIC they're needed and they made it into my RAM folder "somehow" and I just took them and ran. Deleted old posts that are misleading.
ewag, could you provide us with a list of factory options you have?

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just picked up my Lone Star quad cab yesterday. Pretty basic truck - bench seat, tow package, 33 gallon gas tank, Level 1 Equipment, 18 inch wheels. Bought it for towing a camper and payload was important to me - happy to see the actual payload rating, highest one I've seen so far. View attachment 1580 View attachment 1581
thats a great payload number! Is it 4x4?

Users who are viewing this thread