5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please post your Tire and Loading sticker

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like the 18 inch wheels help to increase payload? That was a thought I had. Not sure if it really does or not, but that is the big difference between the ones shown.

1804...that would be a good amount of payload
I have heard that the 20” wheels and tires are 40lbs heavier (10 per wheel) than the stock wheels but haven’t seen any evidence. 1804 is a great payload number so maybe some truth to it.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
But tires and wheels are unsprung weight. They should only impact weight capacity based on load the tire will support.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
But tires and wheels are unsprung weight. They should only impact weight capacity based on load the tire will support.
I hear what you’re saying and agree to some extent but the total weight of the vehicle as it leaves the factory is used in the payload sticker calculation. The total weight of the vehicle including options, accessories and other payload cannot legally exceed the GVWR (7100lbs as an example) so any weight added to the vehicle will subtract from available payload.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine says 1,340 # ---- Limited Quad Cab 4x4, 3.92, 5.7L no e-torque, air suspension, standard fuel tank, 22" rims
That is lower tha I expected, thank you for sharing the numbers. I hope we eventually get to the point where we figure out which options are hitting the paylod so hard. Better yet I wish Ram provided that info so customers could be informed when they are choosing those options.
My GVWR is 6019 lbs (on the VIN sticker next to the tire & loading info sticker)
Does anyone understand why a 2019 Ram Hemi 4x4 wouldn’t have the 7100 GVWR? I thought 7100 was standard with Hemi and 4x4 (source=brochure).

ewag

Reaction score
It's a little annoying to try to find and CONFIRM what the towing capacity is for my exact setup. "See your dealer" isn't very helpful in today's everything-is-online world. Help?

Anyone think my 22" rims and corresponding low profile tries might be a reason my payload is only 1340 #?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's a little annoying to try to find and CONFIRM what the towing capacity is for my exact setup. "See your dealer" isn't very helpful in today's everything-is-online world. Help?

Anyone think my 22" rims and corresponding low profile tries might be a reason my payload is only 1340 #?
Yes, but the question is why do you have a GVWR that is different than any other.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, what up with this?

“My GVWR is 6019 lbs (on the VIN sticker next to the tire & loading info sticker). 2019 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L Hemi 4x4

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My tires are 285/45R22 which is not what's on the sticker. They are RAM factory rims & tires and on the window sticker, (not something I did after buying). Doesn't match the tire sticker on the door jam. Including both stickers here just in case I'm not sharing the correct info.....
View attachment 1712

View attachment 1713
That says Honda

ewag

Reaction score
Ok, major dumb dumb .... forget everything I posted from the pics down. I'll explain later but if I was my boss, I'd probably fire myself for being so dumb!!!

ewag

Reaction score
Here are the correct pics. Sorry for the confusion.... this is embarrassing. Hopefully someone gets a chuckle at my expense.

20180723_202650.jpg

20180723_202900.jpg

I have pics of my wife's Honda placards JIC they're needed and they made it into my RAM folder "somehow" and I just took them and ran. Deleted old posts that are misleading.

Attachments

• 20180723_202650.jpg
    20180723_202650.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 58
  • 20180723_202900.jpg
    20180723_202900.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 57

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome.
Here are the correct pics. Sorry for the confusion.... this is embarrassing. Hopefully someone gets a chuckle at my expense.

View attachment 1716

View attachment 1717

I have pics of my wife's Honda placards JIC they're needed and they made it into my RAM folder "somehow" and I just took them and ran. Deleted old posts that are misleading.
Awesome...much better. Thanks for correcting...I was getting nervous about how this was going to become a my dealer screwed me thread

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Embarrassing but glad it's only because of my ID10T badge and nothing else.
We all make mistakes. Just glad you didn't get your ram switched with a honda, or who knows what was going on there for a bit.

Thanks for posting the stickers. It will help us on our quest for the truth in payloads

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How close is the mopar towing guide to the sticker on the door? Not the table, but the one you put the vin in to get?

Users who are viewing this thread