5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pedal Commander

Twoamen

Reaction score
The connector has a slide lock on it. the front of the connector will slide out on both your factory and pedal commander. Plug in and slide lock closed. I had a heck of a time. I seen it on a youtube somewhere. Take a look at the pedal commander connector you will see the slide face lock.

JAK

Reaction score
Thank you so much. That was really helpful. Wow, felt so stupid now. Guess doing it during the day does make it a lot easier.

John

Reaction score
I installed the Edge Pulsar tuner and I think my pedal response is just fine!

John

Jack 1450

Reaction score
Im on the fence between the edge pulsar and the pedal commander.. I have 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi with 3.21 gears, any suggestions would be appreciated

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
no I haven't tried that.. just unhook the negative side?

Correct. I had installed the Pedal Commander but wasn't able to get it dialed in as I'd like. Resetting the battery by pulling the negative cable for 15 minutes gave me the results I was looking for. Previous truck was a '16 F150 2.7 / '14 F150 3.5.....great throttle response on both of those, given the slight turbo lag.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you tried a battery reset yet? That woke my truck up better than the pedal commander.
Should I try this battery reset before pulling the plug on the PC? Im putting larger tires on and would like to have better throttle response.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Should I try this battery reset before pulling the plug on the PC? Im putting larger tires on and would like to have better throttle response.

I unplugged my pc then did the battery reset. Liked the throttle response so much I uninstalled and sold the pc.

Maric550

Reaction score
I unplugged my pc then did the battery reset. Liked the throttle response so much I uninstalled and sold the pc.
I'm confused so me running my stock longhorn with 3.92 ...and just unplugging the negative battery terminal for 15 mins will give me better throttle response just by doing that????!?!!!

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm confused so me running my stock longhorn with 3.92 ...and just unplugging the negative battery terminal for 15 mins will give me better throttle response just by doing that????!?!!!

Doing a battery reset, clears the memory of the truck. It worked for me and I tried the PC. Ordered truck, 7 miles on it when I took delivery. Throttle is great now. Gears have no effect on throttle response / throttle hesitation.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's good good to know. When I take delivery, I will pull the -terminal for 15 mins once I get it home. Hope I notice a difference. Good tip, and won't cost me $300.

Yedi

Reaction score
I bought a pedal commander for my 2014 ford 150 ecoboost and it started throwing my truck into "Limp Mode". I purchased the unit in hopes to eliminate the notorious turbo lag ecoboost engines are known for and it did not help AT ALL. Lag was still there every time i accelerated. The only thing the pedal commander does is increase the sensitivity of the Throttle body. $300.00 waste of money.

I leased a 2019 Limited 3 days ago and brought it back for a longhorn. I did not like the air-suspension automatically lowering itself. Both models have the same 5.7 v8 hemi and YES there is a very noticeable lag on throttle response. (Equally as bad as my ford ecoboost's engine had)

Automatically lowers itself? I have a 19' Rebel with air suspension. There are settings in u connect to turn off any auto lowering. Beautiful system, can't wait to pull my camper 27' with it.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can take it on and off within 5 mins, just has a T-harness that connects between the trucks wiring harness and the pedal itself. It greatly improved the throttle response. I'm going to embarrass myself here by saying I used to have a YouTube channel which I have since sold, but I documented the pedal commander installation and my first impressions of the unit here:

if you go to the 3 minute 18 second mark that is my real first impression of the pedal commander lol. I generally run it in Sport +2, anything higher than that and its too touchy for my likes.

i run my on city1 mode.seem like a "sweet spot"(imho).but that the great thing with it.its for all taste:D(y)

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far so good. Have it set to City +1...still playing around with it. I had it in Sport +2 for a while yesterday. It wants to get up and go - can still tell there is a touch of hesistation but nothing like it had originally. Push the gas, it'll go then GO. Originally it was push the gas......then go.

Today will be a lot more stop/go city driving so it should give me a better handle on it. I can tell that after 1,300 miles on the truck, my mileage is starting to improve. It also seems like the truck is spending more time in ECO mode.
me to "city1" (y)

Users who are viewing this thread