5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pedal Commander

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Darn it. Just ordered from a different vendor a few days ago for $297. It's set to arrive tomorrow.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
4th July coupon FIREWORKS bring it down to 280, just did my order

Thank you! Just pulled the trigger on one also. Love they added Bluetooth so I can just hide it out of the way now and change via the phone if I want to.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is in and installed. Will post up this evening my thoughts...I've got some errands to run tonight. Install took all of 2 minutes.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far so good. Have it set to City +1...still playing around with it. I had it in Sport +2 for a while yesterday. It wants to get up and go - can still tell there is a touch of hesistation but nothing like it had originally. Push the gas, it'll go then GO. Originally it was push the gas......then go.

Today will be a lot more stop/go city driving so it should give me a better handle on it. I can tell that after 1,300 miles on the truck, my mileage is starting to improve. It also seems like the truck is spending more time in ECO mode.

Last edited:

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
So far so good. Have it set to City +1...still playing around with it. I had it in Sport +2 for a while yesterday. It wants to get up and go - can still tell there is a touch of hesistation but nothing like it had originally. Push the gas, it'll go then GO. Originally it was push the gas......then go.

Today will be a lot more stop/go city driving so it should give me a better handle on it. I can tell that after 1,300 miles on the truck, my mileage is starting to improve. It also seems like the truck is spending more time in ECO mode.

Glad you're liking it so far. (y)

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad you're liking it so far. (y)

What do you have yours set to? City -3 seems to elimate any and all throttle lag, which is what I was going for. Setting it to Sport +2 or so makes the throttle seem to jerk/lag a bit.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I used to run it on City +1 when I was on the stock size tirea. With the larger tires I have switched it up to Sport +2 to compensate. One thing I noticed right after I got it was if I had it cranked up too high it would almost bog the truck if I really got on it from a stop (like it didn't expect the throttle blade to open so quickly) that went away after a week or so. I think the computer started to learn what to expect.

WRH

Reaction score
I probably shouldn't have stumbled on to this thread. I don't need more stuff to buy... or I didn't think so. So are there drawbacks to using this? Why is the throttle delay in there to begin with?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I probably shouldn't have stumbled on to this thread. I don't need more stuff to buy... or I didn't think so. So are there drawbacks to using this? Why is the throttle delay in there to begin with?

Torque management is my guess.

WRH

Reaction score
I just dont see enough difference to keep the commander on my truck. It’s awesome on my brothers Charger but the difference on my rig isn’t as noticeable. Course I’m not an aggressive driver. But I can’t see how to release the harness to remove it. What am I missIng?

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just dont see enough difference to keep the commander on my truck. It’s awesome on my brothers Charger but the difference on my rig isn’t as noticeable. Course I’m not an aggressive driver. But I can’t see how to release the harness to remove it. What am I missIng?

Thats weird..I can definitely tell the difference in sport and sport plus mode

Here's an installation video....you'll see the connector on it and how it pulls out.

Users who are viewing this thread