5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pedal Commander

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone running a pedal commander on the 19 Ram? Just starting to research the topics and curious of the benefits / drawbacks of it? Is it easy go install and anyone have any issues with warranty, etc?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is all the rage over on ramforum. Not sure what I'm going to do as the throttle lag is very noticeable.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is all the rage over on ramforum. Not sure what I'm going to do as the throttle lag is very noticeable.

I read that also over there.

Does it feel like the hemi is hesitating when you step on the pedal?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I read that also over there.

Does it feel like the hemi is hesitating when you step on the pedal?

That's a good way to describe it....when stopping/starting at a stop sign is when it's most noticeable. Or when turning left, waiting for oncoming traffic to clear. Sometimes worse than others.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's a good way to describe it....when stopping/starting at a stop sign is when it's most noticeable. Or when turning left, waiting for oncoming traffic to clear. Sometimes worse than others.

I felt that a little on my test drive also. Should I ever actually get the truck I'm definitely considering the pedal commander

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I have one on my 4th Gen truck and have been very happy with it. I would expect the same results on a 5th Gen.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have one on my 4th Gen truck and have been very happy with it. I would expect the same results on a 5th Gen.
Can you take it off and on easy Jared? My only real concern would be if I needed warranty work.

From what I've read, throttle response is pretty different..how does it feel to you? What setting(s) do you normally use?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you take it off and on easy Jared? My only real concern would be if I needed warranty work.

From what I've read, throttle response is pretty different..how does it feel to you? What setting(s) do you normally use?

Can take it on and off within 5 mins, just has a T-harness that connects between the trucks wiring harness and the pedal itself. It greatly improved the throttle response. I'm going to embarrass myself here by saying I used to have a YouTube channel which I have since sold, but I documented the pedal commander installation and my first impressions of the unit here:

if you go to the 3 minute 18 second mark that is my real first impression of the pedal commander lol. I generally run it in Sport +2, anything higher than that and its too touchy for my likes.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can take it on and off within 5 mins, just has a T-harness that connects between the trucks wiring harness and the pedal itself. It greatly improved the throttle response. I'm going to embarrass myself here by saying I used to have a YouTube channel which I have since sold, but I documented the pedal commander installation and my first impressions of the unit here:

if you go to the 3 minute 18 second mark that is my real first impression of the pedal commander lol. I generally run it in Sport +2, anything higher than that and its too touchy for my likes.

Nice. Was it any faster at the track?

Every have it cause you any error codes?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It ran 1 tenth faster at the track, could have been a bunch of factors though as it wasn't on the same night etc. I was going to turn it off and try again the same night but didn't get the chance. Its never thrown a code for me, I have heard that it can in ECO mode, but I've never put it in Eco mode, it's not what I bought it for.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what a this pedal commander is and does

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Who wants to be the guinea pig on the 19's lol? I'd do it but you'll be waiting forever since they don't make my @#$#@# truck

Users who are viewing this thread