5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pedal Commander

RT70808

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what a this pedal commander is and does
My .02 on the Pedal Commander, seriously considered it then passed.

I get what it does, adjust the throttle response rate.

Personal experience - a Durango R/T with the Hemi
A fishing buddy has one, it spins the tires pulling the boat out of the water, why? No 4wd and the throttle response is too fast, which is how the Durango is marketed with the R/T package.

Slower throttle response means you’re not going to break the tires loose. Something I prefer when pulling a boat or needing 4wd.

If you bought your truck to be a street truck - go for it, slap some 22’s with no rubber on it while you’re at it if that’s what you like.

If you bought your truck to function like a truck then pass. That’s the club I’m in.

A last note - scary reviews online due to a faulty pedal commander and uncontrolled acceleration. No thanks.

Like I said just my .02.

DeanKing

Reaction score
Isn’t this kind of what etorque is supposed to do in a different way. In theory starting an electric motor is a bit faster than combustion. Of the posters on this thread who had an issue with response I did not see anyone had etorque in their signature.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Isn’t this kind of what etorque is supposed to do in a different way. In theory starting an electric motor is a bit faster than combustion. Of the posters on this thread who had an issue with response I did not see anyone had etorque in their signature.

I'll try and test drive an eTorque soon to compare. The pedal commander addresses throttle delay/torque management if you will. Didn't have any sort of throttle lag on my F150 and really dislike that the Ram has it so bad.

mikeofokc

Reaction score
My 2019 5.7L has 392 gear so it doesn't take much of a push on the gas even without a PC to go fast in a hurry. But a light foot on the gas was giving me some hesitation and jerking or tween gear shifting stalls that I didn't like. I think I would get use to the pedal and transmission response in time but tuners make it easier for sure. I use it to smooth out the acceleration mainly in the first 3 or 4 gears. The sport mode might give you a little extra speed but not enough to likely notice while pulling on a highway for instance. For city driving Im still tweaking the settings but right now a -3 City is close. Again 392 gears and 321 will need different settings. You can probably use the Pedal commander on the e-torque but wait and drive for a month or so before paying for the PC

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 2019 5.7L has 392 gear so it doesn't take much of a push on the gas even without a PC to go fast in a hurry. But a light foot on the gas was giving me some hesitation and jerking or tween gear shifting stalls that I didn't like. I think I would get use to the pedal and transmission response in time but tuners make it easier for sure. I use it to smooth out the acceleration mainly in the first 3 or 4 gears. The sport mode might give you a little extra speed but not enough to likely notice while pulling on a highway for instance. For city driving Im still tweaking the settings but right now a -3 City is close. Again 392 gears and 321 will need different settings. You can probably use the Pedal commander on the e-torque but wait and drive for a month or so before paying for the PC
I do have eTorque and a 3.92, and I have not noticed hesitation or shifting issues under light throttle. Possibly the BSG is providing enough assistance and/or resistance (depending on the situation) to smooth things out on its own. I'm really starting to enjoy the growl of the exhaust as the engine fires back up after stopping at an intersection...

768mph

Reaction score
I used to have a pedal commander on my previous 16 Ram 3.92
Previous GM vehicles I ran a Vitesse Throttle Controller and decided to go that route with this one. It’s $170 and does the same thing but not Bluetooth, actually wired in.
My 19 seems to have more lag than I remember in my 16.

What’s weird is my wife’s 19 Big Horn 3.21 non eTorue has a better, more crisp throttle, than my eTorque 3.92 truck.

Thinking about pulling the TCM and PCM fuse for relearn. But the controller I ordered will fix it either way.
Great product.

Twoamen

Reaction score
Well I never read so many positive reviews on a product like (Peddle Commander) I think most of all Youtube videos are positive or like any review some don't like the container it came in. So I made the purchase and installed it Friday....well instead of repeating past dialog on the pedal commander i'll just say WOW! I didn't need it but now I won't be without it. I'm on City -2. after that You got to have a 5 point harness. I still can't believe the hidden response the truck is capable of. Oh could not figure how to pull the plug on gas peddle. Maybe just lack of knowledge but, for some in my boat, the connector plug has a front slide that pulls out to unlock, did not see this in the instructions.

jw38

Reaction score
My first mod was the Pedal Commander. I had one on my 2016 and I absolutely loved it. I have a Laramie Longhorn, non-eTorque Hemi and the difference the PC makes is astonishing...at least to me. My 2016 had some throttle lag, but the 2019 was significantly worse, so the PC really wakes it up!

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought a pedal commander for my 2014 ford 150 ecoboost and it started throwing my truck into "Limp Mode". I purchased the unit in hopes to eliminate the notorious turbo lag ecoboost engines are known for and it did not help AT ALL. Lag was still there every time i accelerated. The only thing the pedal commander does is increase the sensitivity of the Throttle body. $300.00 waste of money.

I leased a 2019 Limited 3 days ago and brought it back for a longhorn. I did not like the air-suspension automatically lowering itself. Both models have the same 5.7 v8 hemi and YES there is a very noticeable lag on throttle response. (Equally as bad as my ford ecoboost's engine had)

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought a pedal commander for my 2014 ford 150 ecoboost and it started throwing my truck into "Limp Mode". I purchased the unit in hopes to eliminate the notorious turbo lag ecoboost engines are known for and it did not help AT ALL. Lag was still there every time i accelerated. The only thing the pedal commander does is increase the sensitivity of the Throttle body. $300.00 waste of money.

I leased a 2019 Limited 3 days ago and brought it back for a longhorn. I did not like the air-suspension automatically lowering itself. Both models have the same 5.7 v8 hemi and YES there is a very noticeable lag on throttle response. (Equally as bad as my ford ecoboost's engine had)

The truck automatically lowers itself? When does it do this?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Turbo lag on both my 2014 and 2016 Ecoboost F150s was nothing like the throttle lag my Ram had. Resetting the throttle on my 2019 has helped immensely with the throttle lag I had.

JAK

Reaction score
Can someone who has it installed take a picture of the harness? I can't for the life of me get it to install, the connectors don't seem like they fit each other.. So much for plug n play for me.

Users who are viewing this thread