5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pedal Commander

shaveman

Reaction score
I unplugged my pc then did the battery reset. Liked the throttle response so much I uninstalled and sold the pc.
Has anyone tried both? I mean, a battery reset, and then running stock, and then running with pedal commander? Would the pedal commander then be overkill in City mode? Or still offer some improvement?

Buckeye Nation

Reaction score
I'd been researching the various throttle response mods for the last couple of months. Finally went with the Pedal Commander. Ordered it yesterday and it arrived today, as I live in L.A. Just installed it - in less than three minutes.

WOW! I cannot believe the difference. I thought the stock throttle response was okay, but there was lag. Now, NO LAG at all. I started out on Sport +3 and that almost causes the back tires to peel out.

Very impressed thus far. I'll update in a few weeks.

KcRay

Reaction score
Love the PC, now the truck does not have to catch up with my foot! I run it on sport+1. Had it a few weeks 100% satisfied.

dmbuie

Reaction score
I, too, was getting a CEL shortly after installing my PC with Blue Tooth. I had it set for City +2. I unplugged my negative battery cable for 30 minutes hoping that it would not return. Well, it did three days later. I then uninstalled the PC, unplugged the neg cable again, and then drove for a week and it never came back.

But, I missed it so much I figured that I would try it again and made sure that everything was seated correctly. It came back the following morning on the way to work. If I remember correctly, someone else posted that they contacted PC support and they pushed a less aggressive map to their PC. That's exactly what the lady at PC told me whenever I contacted them. She said that the mapping on my PC was too aggressive and she pushed a less aggressive map to my PC. She also told me that the truck should NOT be running/moving whenever you change modes. I installed the update this morning so I will let you fellas know the results after about a week. If it does it again then I will keep it off.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i Know this thread is almost a year old but I was wondering if anyone had some experience with towing with the pedal commander? Do you notice a better acceleration taking off while towing?

Reactions: Hez

Rhombus

Reaction score
So I installed a Pedal Commander in
My Ecodiesel today. I view it rather like nasal spray, it provides symptomatic relief. I will say, it’s well packaged, incredibly easy to install and manageable from the app. In fact, I turned off manual adjustments. I currently have it set to C3, and there’s a noticeable difference in throttle response. I doubt that I’ll go into any of the sports modes unless I’m just goofing around. Overall, I’m pleased with the product, it provides exactly what they say it will do. So it’s a keeper.

Duran

Reaction score
Can take it on and off within 5 mins, just has a T-harness that connects between the trucks wiring harness and the pedal itself. It greatly improved the throttle response. I'm going to embarrass myself here by saying I used to have a YouTube channel which I have since sold, but I documented the pedal commander installation and my first impressions of the unit here:

if you go to the 3 minute 18 second mark that is my real first impression of the pedal commander lol. I generally run it in Sport +2, anything higher than that and its too touchy for my likes.
Any word on it voiding your warranty

brenan00

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread