5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"ParkSense Temporarily Unavailable"

Jaystull

Reaction score
Anyone else have a similar issue cause I am as we speak. My rear sensor goes unavailable and screws radio up and shuts off back up camera. Very annoying.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had my rear parking sensors quit on me. I took it in for warranty and spent
the next 10 Hours in the service area. The Software updates were not talking
to the BCM. There was a STAR case for it and just as they were about to close
the shop for the day it started working. I was already in a Loaner Jeep. Came back
because a tire was low and actually got my truck back.

Malodave

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anyone else have a similar issue cause I am as we speak. My rear sensor goes unavailable and screws radio up and shuts off back up camera. Very annoying.
What is your truck? you give no info. Some trucks with trailer steer were recalled for camera issues. There was a software update.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is your truck? you give no info. Some trucks with trailer steer were recalled for camera issues. There was a software update.
Mine is in that recall, but I will not let them Flash the Truck as I don't
use it and it is not acting up.

I can steer the Trailer fine. I used to push back Commercial Aircraft at BWI and National Airports.
Had a Class B CDL for 25 years and was a Yard Jockey for the Semis. I have even Driven a
Nuclear Attack Submarine (HMS Splendid) in the Bahamas when I Lived there

Malodave

Jaystull

Reaction score
Mine is a 21 1500 big horn just called FCA and my truck was not one of them but low and behold my trusty non ram mechanic has the ability to scan this truck and the Trailer Reverse Steering module is bang first to pop up as an issue and the list goes on, with camera, radio, bumper sensor, abs. My truck is two months out of bumper to bumper FCA said have dealer check it and maybe they can escalate it and see if it would be covered.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine is a 21 1500 big horn just called FCA and my truck was not one of them but low and behold my trusty non ram mechanic has the ability to scan this truck and the Trailer Reverse Steering module is bang first to pop up as an issue and the list goes on, with camera, radio, bumper sensor, abs. My truck is two months out of bumper to bumper FCA said have dealer check it and maybe they can escalate it and see if it would be covered.
I agree, you should contact them. They set parameters, of known issues, and they may need to extend the parameter they set. Good chance it will be covered. Back up camera is now considered a safety issue, and may have a longer warranty mandated.

Users who are viewing this thread