5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PARK SENSE/SERVICE SHIFTER CODES

BlackBetty1975

Reaction score
I see you're recent, I just posted this morning the fix that worked for me: I had almost identical issue, got so bad this week that truck (2019 Rebel, 5. 7) would put itself in park. Anyway, I opened up plastic on driver side wall under dash and reseated Park Sense Module wires and both problems are fixed. Idea came from this thread, pg2 with Ground wire issue, apparently just loosened up. Take our your floor mat, pull the plastic wall under dash towards you to pop out 2 clips, Monitor is box mounted to wall, pull those wire plugs and reseat, or maybe start with just pushing plugs in, good luck
there are three different plugs that go to that module. Is there a specific one or did you reset every wire on all three plugs?

Klcordova420

Reaction score
New to the forum, my fix may not be for everyone but here is what has been the fix for me (as of now).

I started getting park sense unavailable which then progressed to service shifter, then progressed to getting both notices along with a check engine light. Downloaded a U001 which is a High Speed CAN Communication Bus error.

Replaced my Park Assist Module, ordered one directly through MOPAR and didn’t require a reprogram. But the problem stayed the same.
I checked the RF Module behind my back seat with no defect, checked all my fuses, checked all grounds running along the left side of the truck, had battery tested, checked alternator output, and could find nothing that would cause it to happen.

Two days ago I had the errors pop up, then decided to use it to my advantage and feel for harnesses that may cause it to go in and out. Pull my light assembly panel left of the steering wheel and grabbed the wires going to the star connector that’s mounted on the drivers side. I was able to get the service shifter to come on when moving the wires to the star connector.

I then bought a new star connector (Can Bus Connector) PN:68321746AA paid $86. Swapped it out and have not had the errors come back yet. I am an aircraft mechanic but this part was extremely easy to replace and can save hundreds rather than taking it to a dealership.

I will post an update if the errors come back, but for now everything is good!

PaulSD

Reaction score
Sounds like the problem I'm having as well. Only seems to occur when it's hot out (around 90F). Starts and drives fine, then Park Sense error pops up, immediately followed by Service Airbag System, then Stop/Start Unavailable Service Stop/Start System. The latter two have their own icons light up in the cluster as well. Bringing it in at the end of the month (first appointment I could get with a technician). Fingers crossed they figure out where the gremlin is. My fear is there's no 'memory' of the error in the computer, and if they don't see it themselves, they'll say there's nothing they can do. I have photos of the errors, and will be showing them links to this forum. Hoping that's enough evidence to dig deeper.
Brought mine in for service and described the issue. Here's the diagnosis: "Code P1495 found in the PCM for an open at the left front seat belt switch. After replacing the seat belt switch the light on the dash goes away with the belt attached and the start stop function works properly."

This fixed the problem for me.

Users who are viewing this thread