5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PARK SENSE/SERVICE SHIFTER CODES

CoachJimmy_TECT

Reaction score
My 2019 Dodge Ram Limited started malfunctioning, causing me to wreck when the shifter unexpectedly went into park while I was driving. The brakes locked up, making the truck slide, and by the time it switched back, I was already sliding off the road. (It had just rained and the roads were wet.)

I contacted the dealership about the issue four times prior to the accident. The body shop repaired the truck, but the shifter problem persists. The dealership claims the issue stemmed from the wreck, despite my explanation that it caused the wreck. They are currently attempting to fix it, but they still haven't identified the root cause.

I switched dealerships because the first one seemed incompetent. I'm hopeful that the current dealership's technicians will be able to solve the problem. Fingers crossed.
April 15th 2024

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My 2019 Dodge Ram Limited started malfunctioning, causing me to wreck when the shifter unexpectedly went into park while I was driving. The brakes locked up, making the truck slide, and by the time it switched back, I was already sliding off the road. (It had just rained and the roads were wet.)

I contacted the dealership about the issue four times prior to the accident. The body shop repaired the truck, but the shifter problem persists. The dealership claims the issue stemmed from the wreck, despite my explanation that it caused the wreck. They are currently attempting to fix it, but they still haven't identified the root cause.

I switched dealerships because the first one seemed incompetent. I'm hopeful that the current dealership's technicians will be able to solve the problem. Fingers crossed.
April 15th 2024
I had wondered if something like that could happen. There must be some kind of sensor, that tells if the truck is moving, to prevent it, but if that sensor is bad...... All vehicles seem to be going to electronic shifters. ( Except the HDs. They still use column shift.)

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is that the reason for the column? Will they be dial? Some people don't like the dial, but I love it.
Column shift is due to the trans type and new 8 speeds will be electronic shift, I assume dial.

Users who are viewing this thread