5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panoramic Sunroof Headliner Noise

jfisher34

Reaction score
I bought a 3m tape from auto zone. It was more like rubber than foam. Im pretty sure it was 1/4" thick by an inch or so wide. If I remember correctly, it was a roll used to seal fiberglass toppers to bed rails. I was worried that actual foam would eventually flatten and allow the clips to rattle again.
HeliPilot - can you tell me how you got to each clip to fix? My rattle is in the very back of the headliner right where the airbag is for the back passenger against the rear glass. I've spent several evening with the 3rd brake light out trying to reach into that little hole to figure out where the rattle is coming from. Can you tell me how you go to each clip? did you pull the entire headliner down and then put it back up? Thanks for the help...this is driving me crazy but at least I now know what is causing it.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
HeliPilot - can you tell me how you got to each clip to fix? My rattle is in the very back of the headliner right where the airbag is for the back passenger against the rear glass. I've spent several evening with the 3rd brake light out trying to reach into that little hole to figure out where the rattle is coming from. Can you tell me how you go to each clip? did you pull the entire headliner down and then put it back up? Thanks for the help...this is driving me crazy but at least I now know what is causing it.
Do you have the Alpine or HK system? I had a rattle in a similar spot and it was the housing for the speakers up there hitting something.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm curious as to how one would remove the headliner without damaging it. Is there a diagram with the clip locations?

jfisher34

Reaction score
Do you have the Alpine or HK system? I had a rattle in a similar spot and it was the housing for the speakers up there hitting something.
HK system. I also have a "chirp" that comes when I hit a bump or shut my door coming from that same place. I assumed it is just the rattle turning into the "chirp" because of the harder shaking.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did not remove the headliner. The clips are all around sunroof opening. If you get one or two of the velcro clips released, let the headliner hang down and work your way around until all the clips are released and the headliner just hangs. All the plastic pillar trims will keep the headliner in place. You should then be able to access whatever your particular chirp is directly from the sunroof opening.

jfisher34

Reaction score
I did not remove the headliner. The clips are all around sunroof opening. If you get one or two of the velcro clips released, let the headliner hang down and work your way around until all the clips are released and the headliner just hangs. All the plastic pillar trims will keep the headliner in place. You should then be able to access whatever your particular chirp is directly from the sunroof opening.
Are the clips also around the outside of the headliner or just around the sunroof portion of it? My rattle is coming from the very rear behind the speaker and airbag at your head. thanks

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are the clips also around the outside of the headliner or just around the sunroof portion of it? My rattle is coming from the very rear behind the speaker and airbag at your head. thanks
Have no idea. I did not have your particular problem.

joepaiii

Reaction score
Got the truck back tonight. The sunshade motor broke and it damaged the sunshade. The parts are on backorder. Surprise!

They'll get back to me when they get the parts to schedule the repair.

It seems that Ram is so busy building and selling new trucks, there's a shortage on parts availability. I'm shocked. ;)
I have been waiting for over a week for a replacement sunshade for my brand new limited...

jfisher34

Reaction score
Have no idea. I did not have your particular problem.

ok. so last night I decided to look into my rattle. it seems that the Velcro clips may only be directly around the sunroof. What I found was the wiring harness for the back speaker has a platic tab on it that should be pushed into a hole in the metal of the cab to hold in place and mine was just hanging loose banging against the speaker and other things. hopefully I have it fixed now. Thanks for the input about the Velcro though because I would have never been able to see and fix the problem if I didn't look from the sunroof direction back.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ok. so last night I decided to look into my rattle. it seems that the Velcro clips may only be directly around the sunroof. What I found was the wiring harness for the back speaker has a platic tab on it that should be pushed into a hole in the metal of the cab to hold in place and mine was just hanging loose banging against the speaker and other things. hopefully I have it fixed now. Thanks for the input about the Velcro though because I would have never been able to see and fix the problem if I didn't look from the sunroof direction back.
hope that was it. be sure to wedge those velcro clips into the headliner as well.

Users who are viewing this thread