5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orp spring part #s

Jorangel87

Reaction score
I installed the ORP front springs on a non ORP truck along with the Bilstein 5100’s on setting #3. I was looking for about 2” of total lift in the front (1” from ORP springs and 1” from Bilsteins) but netted closer to 2.5”. So I’m now sitting basically dead even front and rear at 38 1/2” on stock tires. We’ll see if it settles over time. I did this as opposed to using setting #5 or #6 with stock springs as I’m not as far into the spring’s travel this way, but honestly not sure how much of a difference it would make. Ride is great and definitely feels more smooth than stock when I intentionally got some bumps. Need to get the rear 5100’s installed next weekend.
If I do setting #2 you think with those springs it’ll be closer to 2” front lift. Just looking to level maybe with minimal rake, currently running 2”motofab top hat puck raised it just a hair under 2” but looking into 5100s but afraid of compressing stock spring to setting #5 and having stiffer/rougher ride due to spring being compressed more. Want stock ride to stay the same or even better but also level out the front. 2019 ram longhorn crew cab ram boxes 22” wheels tricoat white 5%tint with 50% windshield lomax tri fold bed cover.

Burner_After

Reaction score
Does anyone have that correct part number for the rear ORG springs? and potentially that 1" bump stop mentioned earlier in this thread?

Pjmracing152

Reaction score
Can you install just ORP springs to a non ORP truck and get a 1" lift? what are the pro's and cons? Might just do the front as the rear is high enough with stock size tires (i did put on BFG KO2's which helped fill a little)

Pjmracing152

Reaction score
Bump to see if installing just orp springs on non orp truck will give a 1" lift? Pros and cons to this?

Choate

Reaction score
From everything I’ve read yes.

Front Spring - 68320249AB or 68320249AC

Rear Spring - 68262684AB or 68262686AB

You’ll want to get an alignment. Afterwords. Might ride a tad stiffer. Jury is out on that but I doubt you’d notice it. Another con you’ll want it higher later

Pjmracing152

Reaction score
From everything I’ve read yes.

Front Spring - 68320249AB or 68320249AC

Rear Spring - 68262684AB or 68262686AB

You’ll want to get an alignment. Afterwords. Might ride a tad stiffer. Jury is out on that but I doubt you’d notice it. Another con you’ll want it higher later
Should I replace the strut as well or are the struts the same?

Choate

Reaction score
Should I replace the strut as well or are the struts the same?
I’m not sure if theyre exactly the same valve or not. From what I read they’re the same length and perch mount and each could be easily compressed with body weight but one had a green sticker and one had red if I remember right. There is an old thread about it on here somewhere. Personally I think it would be fine w the non ORP shocks and you’d never know the difference

Jorangel87

Reaction score
Are rhe
I just installed my ORP front springs. Ordered 68320249AB and received 68320249AC. Looks like the place I ordered now has the new part number on the website. I can confirm they measure 7/8” longer than the non ORP springs on the truck and do lift it.

are the rears the same coils or different part number? I want to add 1” to rear but don’t want spacers so I figured the rebel coils add 1”.

JRW323

Reaction score
Here is the list to go from non-ORP to ORP.

Call the dealer, give them your VIN and they will give you your spring PN. Then order the equivalnet.

I don't have much more info but I assume these are for different packages that change the vehicle weight. Crew Cab vs Quad ect.

I just completed replacing my rears with ORPs and eibach lift shocks and gained a little over 1" and the ride is great.

20201029_231833.jpg

Jorangel87

Reaction score

Call the dealer, give them your VIN and they will give you your spring PN. Then order the equivalnet.

I don't have much more info but I assume these are for different packages that change the vehicle weight. Crew Cab vs Quad ect.

I just completed replacing my rears with ORPs and eibach lift shocks and gained a little over 1" and the ride is great.

View attachment 142756
Awesome, great information thank you. I just did the 5100 fronts with the orp front springs on setting #3 on my 2019 limited longhorn non air ride with stock 22”s currently has 80k and front mopar struts were shot and all I do is highway miles, I had the 2”motor an pucks to level it out. I waited 1 year for the 5100’s due to backorder too. And now it sits closer if not dead even at 2.5 higher and looks nose high but it isn’t I guess just due to the lines of the truck so I want to add 1” to rear since I already have the rear 5100’s also. Thanks again.

Jorangel87

Reaction score

View attachment 142756
Called dealer told me that’s the left side and asked if I wanted a right side too. Stock 68262680ab-equivalent part is 68262684ab which he said it was for the left side. Now my guess would be they are the same but I want to make sure if the right is a different part number. Or would 2 of the equivalent do the job.

JRW323

Reaction score
Called dealer told me that’s the left side and asked if I wanted a right side too. Stock 68262680ab-equivalent part is 68262684ab which he said it was for the left side. Now my guess would be they are the same but I want to make sure if the right is a different part number. Or would 2 of the equivalent do the job.
I order 2 of the same PNs. But that is a good question. I'm going to check my coils that I just pulled to see if they are matching numbers. I haven't seen any verification on right and left sides for coils. When you buy any aftermarket coil, they are not side specific. But that doesn't mean OEM didn't. I think mostly its just mopar's item descriptions that are kinda weak. There are items that are inter changeable yet the description will say a side.

JRW323

Reaction score

Here are my OEM take offs. Same PN. I would safely assume there are no right and left springs on these trucks. It is just how they are entered in the system with descriptions.
PNs and what ever else the additional data is on these is exactly the same.

20221101_153711.jpg

Jorangel87

Reaction score
I order 2 of the same PNs. But that is a good question. I'm going to check my coils that I just pulled to see if they are matching numbers. I haven't seen any verification on right and left sides for coils. When you buy any aftermarket coil, they are not side specific. But that doesn't mean OEM didn't. I think mostly its just mopar's item descriptions that are kinda weak. There are items that are inter changeable yet the description will say a side.
How much of a lift did you get,1”?

Jorangel87

Reaction score
Here are my OEM take offs. Same PN. I would safely assume there are no right and left springs on these trucks. It is just how they are entered in the system with descriptions.
PNs and what ever else the additional data is on these is exactly the same.

View attachment 142790
I just got home from work checked my rear springs and PN is 68262664ab. I stopped at dealer to get some pics from a. 22 Rebel crew cab 5.7 bed and rear PN is 68370565ab and then checked a big horn crew cab 5.7 and those were non orp and PN was 68262664ab. I’m juts confused now their is way to many PN’s out there. I might juts buy the damn 1” spacers.

Jorangel87

Reaction score
True statement if you are only installing the ORP spring in the rear. If you get the Mopar lift kit it comes with a bolt on bump stop which sits higher than stock. Pictured below.
Do you happen to have the rear orp spring P/N?

agciv

Reaction score
Awesome, great information thank you. I just did the 5100 fronts with the orp front springs on setting #3 on my 2019 limited longhorn non air ride with stock 22”s currently has 80k and front mopar struts were shot and all I do is highway miles, I had the 2”motor an pucks to level it out. I waited 1 year for the 5100’s due to backorder too. And now it sits closer if not dead even at 2.5 higher and looks nose high but it isn’t I guess just due to the lines of the truck so I want to add 1” to rear since I already have the rear 5100’s also. Thanks again.
How do you like the ride compared to the motofab level? Can you notice a big difference and which is closer to stock?
I’m about to order the orp spring and use the eibach strut to gain around 2”. Hoping it doesn’t stiffen up the ride too much were it’s jarring over bumps!

Reaction score
Bumping an old thread. Short of climbing underneath a Rebel on the lot, has anyone figure out the correct part numbers for the ORP rear springs? Going in for a level on Tuesday. Just in case it's too level, I was hoping to just use the rear ORP springs to add some rake back. instead of a spacer Was at the dealership parts department today and they seemed pretty useless. I could find the part numbers on MOPAR's site but there are 30+ numbers listed for the rear spring.

Users who are viewing this thread