5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orp spring part #s

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bumping an old thread. Short of climbing underneath a Rebel on the lot, has anyone figure out the correct part numbers for the ORP rear springs? Going in for a level on Tuesday. Just in case it's too level, I was hoping to just use the rear ORP springs to add some rake back. instead of a spacer Was at the dealership parts department today and they seemed pretty useless. I could find the part numbers on MOPAR's site but there are 30+ numbers listed for the rear spring.
Doesn't the Rebel already have ORP springs?

Reaction score
Doesn't the Rebel already have ORP springs?
Yes, it does. I think I found my answer while searching all night long. Initially, I was hoping to find part numbers for the Rebel rear springs, then order those on the Mopar site and swap them into my non-ORP Laramie. The Mopar site lists 30+ different part numbers for the rear right spring, I assume the left side is the same. I ended up finding a cross-reference chart, so I would need to climb under my truck, find the non-ORP spring number then use the chart to find the applicable ORP spring.

I think I would rather just use a rear ORP spring to raise the rear 1 inch instead of using a spacer, which is the only reason I have ventured down this path.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, it does. I think I found my answer while searching all night long. Initially, I was hoping to find part numbers for the Rebel rear springs, then order those on the Mopar site and swap them into my non-ORP Laramie. The Mopar site lists 30+ different part numbers for the rear right spring, I assume the left side is the same. I ended up finding a cross-reference chart, so I would need to climb under my truck, find the non-ORP spring number then use the chart to find the applicable ORP spring.

I think I would rather just use a rear ORP spring to raise the rear 1 inch instead of using a spacer, which is the only reason I have ventured down this path.
I see. I thought you had a Rebel.
I did the same on the front of my bighorn with ORP springs, but used icon rear springs. I got closer to two inches higher in the rear.

Gumpa

Reaction score
Bumping an old thread. Short of climbing underneath a Rebel on the lot, has anyone figure out the correct part numbers for the ORP rear springs? Going in for a level on Tuesday. Just in case it's too level, I was hoping to just use the rear ORP springs to add some rake back. instead of a spacer Was at the dealership parts department today and they seemed pretty useless. I could find the part numbers on MOPAR's site but there are 30+ numbers listed for the rear spring.
In case you are still looking for rear ORP spring PN- my 2019 Laramie quad cab 6'4" bed with ORP has PN 68262686AB springs on it. Other cofigurations may have different PN (Crew cab, 5'7" box, etc.).

Assuming you saw the nice chart that JRW323 posted on page 2 of this thread. The springs have a nice part number tag on them, you should be able to crawl under the truck and see yours and cross reference from the chart.

Good luck!

RX9790

Reaction score
I order 2 of the same PNs. But that is a good question. I'm going to check my coils that I just pulled to see if they are matching numbers. I haven't seen any verification on right and left sides for coils. When you buy any aftermarket coil, they are not side specific. But that doesn't mean OEM didn't. I think mostly its just mopar's item descriptions that are kinda weak. There are items that are inter changeable yet the description will say a side.
I just went to the dealer to get my part number and it shows quantity 2 for my springs. same on both sides.

21 Hydro Ram

Reaction score
So I’m looking to swap out my rear non-orp springs(68262664AB) to some orp springs. My equivalent would be orp sping (68370565AB), but was wondering if there is much of a difference between it and 68262686AB? The reason I ask, is there is a big price difference between the 2 orp springs.

Jorangel87

Reaction score
So I’m looking to swap out my rear non-orp springs(68262664AB) to some orp springs. My equivalent would be orp sping (68370565AB), but was wondering if there is much of a difference between it and 68262686AB? The reason I ask, is there is a big price difference between the 2 orp springs.
I paid like $20 or
Something for both . They were the orp springs that come stock on rebels

Rightside

Reaction score
Curious about the same.

Rightside

Reaction score
I ordered 68262686AB today. Hopefully they are ORP springs that will work on my 2023 crew cab Big Horn.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I ordered 68262686AB today. Hopefully they are ORP springs that will work on my 2023 crew cab Big Horn.
Let us know how it works out, my guess is that worse case you get more than 1 inch of rear lift

Ready Go

Reaction score
Here's a side note question....
Does anyone know if the ORP springs have a higher spring rate than the non-ORP springs? Or are they just 1" longer?
I'm curious if ORP trucks tend to sway/lean "more or less" than non-ORP trucks.
Higher ride height could theoretically lean more, but if the spring rate is higher then maybe not, or maybe less(?).

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Majority of the sway would be the result of the strut/shock, being Rebel have Bilstein making them better than crappy OEM non struts/shocks.

Ready Go

Reaction score
Majority of the sway would be the result of the strut/shock, being Rebel have Bilstein making them better than crappy OEM non struts/shocks.
True!!
I had forgotten that info!
Guess I'll be a test bed then.
I have Eibachs that I'm installing with the ORP equivalents onto my 2024 Laramie G/T.
I'm gonna use the rear ORPs for a 1" lift (and use a 0.5" spacer on the left side..which should give me 40.0" L/R rear.
I'm gonna use the front ORPs with the Eibachs set on clip #3 (1.2") for a 2.2" lift.
I have ~1.75-2.0"" rake now and that'll give me about 0.75
" rake afterwards (unless Eibach is wrong on those clip readings..they say they're correct).
I'm hoping this will "tighten" up the truck a bit. I already have the Energy Suspension 5.516B bushings up front and a Progress Technologies 25mm rear sway bar set on "tight"..and PT Endlinks ready to go on. Figure I'll get the Maxx front endlinks when I'm all settled with ride heights. I do have Airlift coil bags already installed for future towing.
I leaning towards Falken Wildpeaks AT3Ws in 285/60-65/20s..thinking ~34" height from the 32s..should just barely make it into the garage!

Rightside

Reaction score
Note yet, still setting in garage. Hope to have in by end of month.

jsabs44

Reaction score
Note yet, still setting in garage. Hope to have in by end of month.
It's all good. I referenced the list provided in another thread using my current spring part # and the corresponding ORP spring #, and of course, my equivalent ORP spring was the most expensive one ($100 ea vs. $25 for other options), so I went ahead and ordered the Icon 1.5" springs for a bit more money.

Users who are viewing this thread