5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orp spring part #s

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's all good. I referenced the list provided in another thread using my current spring part # and the corresponding ORP spring #, and of course, my equivalent ORP spring was the most expensive one ($100 ea vs. $25 for other options), so I went ahead and ordered the Icon 1.5" springs for a bit more money.
Same thing happened with me so I went ahead and got Bilstein B12 coils and shocks.

Rightside

Reaction score
Finally had the springs installed, no issues at all, rides the same. I will keep any eye on my shocks and switch out if needed since I went up an inch.

Ready Go

Reaction score
Finally had the springs installed, no issues at all, rides the same. I will keep any eye on my shocks and switch out if needed since I went up an inch.
Did you get before/after measurements? Curious of actual lift amount from the ORPs.

Rightside

Reaction score
Rear both near 40 3/8
Front driver 39 1/8
Front pass 39 3/8

This is skewed a bit because I also went up to 275/60/20 tires a couple days before the rear springs were installed. Rake is hardly noticeable but the nose high look is totally gone, even when parking on a slope.

Eibach leveling struts at max height and ORP rear springs for anyone reading this down the road.

Ready Go

Reaction score
Rear both near 40 3/8
Front driver 39 1/8
Front pass 39 3/8

This is skewed a bit because I also went up to 275/60/20 tires a couple days before the rear springs were installed. Rake is hardly noticeable but the nose high look is totally gone, even when parking on a slope.

Eibach leveling struts at max height and ORP rear springs for anyone reading this down the road.
Interesting (and clear as mud for me)...

My Laramie G/T with 275/55/20 (32") and Non-ORP springs measures 37.0" Front and 38.875" Rear.

I'm gonna average you to 39.25" Front and then 40.375" Rear.

Your 275/60/20 is 33" tall..0.5" lift compared to my 32" tire.

Your Eibachs on Clip #4 should be 1.8" lift.

Right there, your tire lift and Eibach lift gives you 2.2" lift over me...which IS your 39.25" to my 37.0"...but you also have the ORP springs!!??

Maybe I misunderstood..do you have Non-ORPs in front?? If so, then the 39.25" (1.8" Eibach + 0.5" tire) would confirm that Eibach IS pretty much dead-on on their Advertised Lift measurements for each Clip position..good to know!

I've read here that the ORP springs are actually 0.5" lift and that the other 0.5" lift (totalling 1.0" lift for thr Rebel and ORG trucks) comes from the tires.

If you have ORPs in front, I'd expect your lift (1.8" struts + 0.5" tires + 0.5" ORPs) should put you at 39.75" at least...so I'm thinking you only put ORPs in the rear(??).

The difference between mine(38.875") and yours(40.375") in the rear is 1.5"...your tire(33") versus mine(32") is 0.5" lift, so that seems to give 1" lift from the ORP spring..unless I'm misding something..or, all of these trucks are very different from each other at OEM Factory ride height so trying to compare them us actually apples to oranges!!

The reason I'm trying to figure this out is..I have Eibachs ready to swap in also (thinking Clip #3..1.2" lift) and I wanted to confirm how accurate their Advertised Lift Heights are (look accurate!). I also have a full set of ORP springs (ordered using the conversion chart on this Forum) that I've been debating to swap in at the same time or later..and want to confirm if they are 0.5" lift or 1.0" lift. I feel like your truck leans towards them as 1.0" lift..but I measured my ORP's length and OEM's length (uninstalled) and they are exactly 0.5" difference in length (uninstalled)...but I'm thinking I better recheck that..sounds like it should be 1.0"

Again, still clear as mud I guess🤔🤯 but thanks for your info!!

Rightside

Reaction score
No ORP in front, rear only. I got more than advertised with the Eibachs in front so I went with the ORP in rear.
Top notch gave me a solid 2 inches, actually a few 1/8’s over that. Looked nose high so ORP’s fixed that.

Ready Go

Reaction score
No ORP in front, rear only. I got more than advertised with the Eibachs in front so I went with the ORP in rear.
Top notch gave me a solid 2 inches, actually a few 1/8’s over that. Looked nose high so ORP’s fixed that.
Excellent, thank you!!

I've been debating going with Clip #2 (0.6") versus Clip #3 (1.2").

I don't want more than 1.2" at this time, so was leaning towards 0.6" because I'd heard that members were getting over the advertised lift measurements. I'd be really happy to get ~0.75" lift from the Clip #2 0.6" setting..so I'll start with that.

Again, THANKS!

Last edited:

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Excellent, thank you!!

I've been debating going with Clip #2 (0.6") versus Clip #3 (1.2").

I don't want more than 1.2" at this time, so was leaning towards 0.6" because I'd heard that members were getting over the advertised lift measurements. I'd be reall happy to get ~0.75" lift from the Clip #2 0.6" setting..so I'll start with that.

Again, THANKS!
Don’t forget that the suspension will settle slightly after a few hundred miles.

Rightside

Reaction score
If I had to start from scratch and do it over again, I will go one notch below the top notch. That would give me the look that I wanted. It worked out in the end though. The springs I bought were only like 50 bucks for the rear so it wasn’t a massive expense. And it rides the same.

Now to figure out how to correct the speedo!

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I had to start from scratch and do it over again, I will go one notch below the top notch. That would give me the look that I wanted. It worked out in the end though. The springs I bought were only like 50 bucks for the rear so it wasn’t a massive expense. And it rides the same.

Now to figure out how to correct the speedo!
Invest in JScan. All you need is the security bypass cable and an ODBII. IIRC, the licensing fee is ~20$ and it’s Apple friendly. And can do everything AlfaODB can do, but with an easier interface IMO

Ready Go

Reaction score
Nope. Not even an 1/8th. I even called Eibach. Will the rear springs settle? Doubt it. Never had anything “settle.”
Agreed, I've never really had an quality springs like Eibach settle..the only ones that have (and only minimally, even then) were ones that I "quick/cold" cut (shortened) with a cut-off grinder (they getting weakened from the inevitable heating of the coil).

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed, I've never really had an quality springs like Eibach settle..the only ones that have (and only minimally, even then) were ones that I "quick/cold" cut (shortened) with a cut-off grinder (they getting weakened from the inevitable heating of the coil).
When I say the suspension will settle, I mean it more so in a general way. Not specifically the individual coil spring. But when you take all the weight off the suspension components during install, and then put in new lifted coils, it changes the suspension geometry slightly. So a few miles driven will reacclimate all of the suspension components. The settling (I admit very minor settling) most likely comes from the bushings and supporting suspension parts getting used to the new coils.

Case in point from my experience, when I lowered my truck off the lift after install for the first time, my measurements were slightly higher than my measurements a few days later. Less than 1/4” but still tape measure noticeable. Probably just my anal retentive mind over analyzing trying to get the specific look perfect for my truck. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

Jedi9

Reaction score
I have had 1.5 RK springs settle all the way back to stock height after 4-5 years lol

Users who are viewing this thread