5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orp spring part #s

Hk45

Reaction score
Can someone post with the part numbers are for the off-road package springs front and rear. Called the dealer and use this number 68320249AB for the front and they said only one dealer in the whole US has them and only had 2. Is That part number the correct one for the front? Does the rebel or north edition have a different #? Was thinking about adding these to the 5100s on a non-ORP truck.

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
Can someone post with the part numbers are for the off-road package springs front and rear. Called the dealer and use this number 68320249AB for the front and they said only one dealer in the whole US has them and only had 2. Is That part number the correct one for the front? Does the rebel or north edition have a different #? Was thinking about adding these to the 5100s on a non-ORP truck.

you have the right part number, I ordered them yesterday and they’re on back order with no eta. Could be weeks or months I suppose with COVID-19. I’m not in a hurry so went ahead with the order.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you have the right part number, I ordered them yesterday and they’re on back order with no eta. Could be weeks or months I suppose with COVID-19. I’m not in a hurry so went ahead with the order.
I just ordered front ORP springs about a month ago from my dealership and when he looked up the part number 68320249AB it said they would prob take a month or so to come in. He then called me two days later and said that they came in. When I picked them up the part number on them was 68320249AC so of course I questioned it because it has a C at the end instead of a B. He assured me they are the same spring and they change a letter like that if they switch manufactures. Those of you looking for ORP springs might want to try that part number at your dealership.
If you search the part number 68320249AB and read the notes most of the sites say "replaces part number 68320249AA" so what the parts guys told me actually makes some sense.

Edit: below is a picture of the ORP spring (68320249AC) on my truck and I def got an extra inch of lift from them.

Attachments

• IMG_20200328_144039.jpg
    IMG_20200328_144039.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
I just ordered front ORP springs about a month ago from my dealership and when he looked up the part number 68320249AB it said they would prob take a month or so to come in. He then called me two days later and said that they came in. When I picked them up the part number on them was 68320249AC so of course I questioned it because it has a C at the end instead of a B. He assured me they are the same spring and they change a letter like that if they switch manufactures. Those of you looking for ORP springs might want to try that part number at your dealership.
If you search the part number 68320249AB and read the notes most of the sites say "replaces part number 68320249AA" so what the parts guys told me actually makes some sense.
Thanks for that info, I emailed the dealership to see if they can order those instead.

cory1223oh

Reaction score
I just installed my ORP front springs. Ordered 68320249AB and received 68320249AC. Looks like the place I ordered now has the new part number on the website. I can confirm they measure 7/8” longer than the non ORP springs on the truck and do lift it.

Brrryan

Reaction score
I just installed my ORP front springs. Ordered 68320249AB and received 68320249AC. Looks like the place I ordered now has the new part number on the website. I can confirm they measure 7/8” longer than the non ORP springs on the truck and do lift it.

Did you install them on a stock truck, or in addition to a lift?

cory1223oh

Reaction score
Did you install them on a stock truck, or in addition to a lift?
I installed the ORP front springs on a non ORP truck along with the Bilstein 5100’s on setting #3. I was looking for about 2” of total lift in the front (1” from ORP springs and 1” from Bilsteins) but netted closer to 2.5”. So I’m now sitting basically dead even front and rear at 38 1/2” on stock tires. We’ll see if it settles over time. I did this as opposed to using setting #5 or #6 with stock springs as I’m not as far into the spring’s travel this way, but honestly not sure how much of a difference it would make. Ride is great and definitely feels more smooth than stock when I intentionally got some bumps. Need to get the rear 5100’s installed next weekend.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed the ORP front springs on a non ORP truck along with the Bilstein 5100’s on setting #3. I was looking for about 2” of total lift in the front (1” from ORP springs and 1” from Bilsteins) but netted closer to 2.5”. So I’m now sitting basically dead even front and rear at 38 1/2” on stock tires. We’ll see if it settles over time. I did this as opposed to using setting #5 or #6 with stock springs as I’m not as far into the spring’s travel this way, but honestly not sure how much of a difference it would make. Ride is great and definitely feels more smooth than stock when I intentionally got some bumps. Need to get the rear 5100’s installed next weekend.
I had Bilstein's on my 4th gen in the front only and I loved the ride with them.

HookerPilot18

Reaction score

Edit: below is a picture of the ORP spring (68320249AC) on my truck and I def got an extra inch of lift from them.
How's your truck riding with the ORP's up front with the MOPAR lift? No issues with the UCA's or anything? Strongly leaning towards doing the same to mine

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How's your truck riding with the ORP's up front with the MOPAR lift? No issues with the UCA's or anything? Strongly leaning towards doing the same to mine
So far I am very happy. I had a clunking sound at first but the shop forgot to torque the upper strut but to specs :mad: so clunking sound is gone now. I put on ridge grapplers so they def make you feel the bumps more but that's to be expected. The UCAs are pushing the limit by adding that extra 1" with the ORP springs but my local shop insists they are fine if not doing extreme off-roading which don't. If you do alot of off-roading then they recommend putting on some RC or Readylift UCAs

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
So far I am very happy. I had a clunking sound at first but the shop forgot to torque the upper strut but to specs :mad: so clunking sound is gone now. I put on ridge grapplers so they def make you feel the bumps more but that's to be expected. The UCAs are pushing the limit by adding that extra 1" with the ORP springs but my local shop insists they are fine if not doing extreme off-roading which don't. If you do alot of off-roading then they recommend putting on some RC or Readylift UCAs

RamSco

Reaction score
Word to the wise.... I have an ORP and discovered when installing air bags that the axle bump stop mount is 1" higher than non-ORP presumably to account for the 1" lift. If you're using ORP to lift your non-ORP, you may want to know this before you put a big load on your truck. Bottoming out is not an issue for most but just in case...

I've included a picture of mine for you all to compare to yours.

Attachments

• ORP Axle Bump Stop.jpg
    ORP Axle Bump Stop.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 284

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Word to the wise.... I have an ORP and discovered when installing air bags that the axle bump stop mount is 1" higher than non-ORP presumably to account for the 1" lift. If you're using ORP to lift your non-ORP, you may want to know this before you put a big load on your truck. Bottoming out is not an issue for most but just in case...

I've included a picture of mine for you all to compare to yours.
True statement if you are only installing the ORP spring in the rear. If you get the Mopar lift kit it comes with a bolt on bump stop which sits higher than stock. Pictured below.

Attachments

• IMG_20200330_145752.jpg
    IMG_20200330_145752.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 242

RamSco

Reaction score
True statement if you are only installing the ORP spring in the rear. If you get the Mopar lift kit it comes with a bolt on bump stop which sits higher than stock. Pictured below.
Good clarification. My BDS lift also provided a bolt on block to account for the lift. It's not shown in my picture above because I removed it to install my air bags. The two pictures are a good comparison of the ORP on non-ORP factory axle-side bump stop.

Last edited:

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
Thanks for that info, I emailed the dealership to see if they can order those instead.
Contacted the dealer and they said the springs are no longer on backorder and are shipping from Michigan. Not sure if they are the old part number or new one, I'll find out soon.

Kevinc13

Reaction score
For anyone who added the front orp springs to the 2" Mopar lift, did you also need to get an alignment again?

RamSco

Reaction score
For anyone who added the front orp springs to the 2" Mopar lift, did you also need to get an alignment again?
Just my opinion but I believe it's a good idea to get an alignment after any suspension work. It's cheap insurance.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just my opinion but I believe it's a good idea to get an alignment after any suspension work. It's cheap insurance.
I agree with RamSco 100%. Anytime you swap out parts in your front end suspension I would get an alignment. Raising the front another 1" will for sure change your wheel camber.

Clyde

Reaction score
Anyone have the part # for the rear ORP springs. I’m going to be adding ORP springs to the front of my Mopar lift. My truck has exactly 1” of rake, thinking I might have to do the rear springs also if I end up having negative rake after the front springs are installed.

Users who are viewing this thread