5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordered truck with Offroad package but didn’t get 1” suspension lift?

Drago1978

Reaction score
So I ordered a fully loaded 2019 Ram crew cab 4x4 1500 Laramie with Offroad package pretty much every option possible on this truck.
Now I have confirmed thru Ram that my order was correct and the Offroad package is supposed include the 1” suspension lift except my truck doesn’t have the 1” lift I have gone to the dealership and measured multiple Laramie trucks without the Offroad package and multiple bighorn trucks with the Offroad package all without air suspension just like mine.
Now the trucks without Offroad package all are the same measurements as my truck but the ones with the Offroad package are an inch taller in the front and rear???
When I called and talked to rams customer service she confirmed I should have the inch lift and said I need to take it back to the dealer and hopefully they can figure out something now keep in mind I’ve been to the dealer 3 times and they know less about the truck then I do lol I mean I know more about rams trucks from being a long time owner and reading about the 2019 before my purchase then they do and they work on them everyday. so the dealership is a challenge since they have no idea what part the truck is supposed to have and or not have lol
Now I’ve also talked to Ram customer care thru online chat and I’m not completely sure what she is saying but I took a screen shot and will attach the photo lol
I think what she is saying is yes I have the Offroad package but I didn’t get the 1” lift because I got the Offroad package for the rebel if I’m reading it correctly idk
I’m open for any thoughts or suggestions on what todo or how to get this fixed without just leaving my truck parked at the dealership for ever while they try to figure out what they are supposed todo u know.
All I know is my Laramie with Offroad package is the same hight as a stock Laramie and the bighorn they have with Offroad package is an inch higher in front and rear. So I would like to know why??

Attachments

• 1B1DF6F3-9093-4EEC-8632-96829B3A044C.jpeg
    1B1DF6F3-9093-4EEC-8632-96829B3A044C.jpeg
    561.3 KB · Views: 203

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I ordered a fully loaded 2019 Ram crew cab 4x4 1500 Laramie with Offroad package pretty much every option possible on this truck.
Now I have confirmed thru Ram that my order was correct and the Offroad package is supposed include the 1” suspension lift except my truck doesn’t have the 1” lift I have gone to the dealership and measured multiple Laramie trucks without the Offroad package and multiple bighorn trucks with the Offroad package all without air suspension just like mine.
Now the trucks without Offroad package all are the same measurements as my truck but the ones with the Offroad package are an inch taller in the front and rear???
When I called and talked to rams customer service she confirmed I should have the inch lift and said I need to take it back to the dealer and hopefully they can figure out something now keep in mind I’ve been to the dealer 3 times and they know less about the truck then I do lol I mean I know more about rams trucks from being a long time owner and reading about the 2019 before my purchase then they do and they work on them everyday. so the dealership is a challenge since they have no idea what part the truck is supposed to have and or not have lol
Now I’ve also talked to Ram customer care thru online chat and I’m not completely sure what she is saying but I took a screen shot and will attach the photo lol
I think what she is saying is yes I have the Offroad package but I didn’t get the 1” lift because I got the Offroad package for the rebel if I’m reading it correctly idk
I’m open for any thoughts or suggestions on what todo or how to get this fixed without just leaving my truck parked at the dealership for ever while they try to figure out what they are supposed todo u know.
All I know is my Laramie with Offroad package is the same hight as a stock Laramie and the bighorn they have with Offroad package is an inch higher in front and rear. So I would like to know why??

Lookup your build sheet. This is what the factory built. Simply put your VIN in place of this one and you can see what you are supposed to have. For ORG trucks, you should have a line that reads "Raised ride height." That's your 1" lift.

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=1C6SRFLT8KN545450

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Are you sure this truck has the ORP? What does the window sticker say?

Bram2019

Reaction score
I think the code in options should be XZNP. If it is not there, there must be an option combinations that removed it for some reason. Strange.

Drago1978

Reaction score
Yes I have the the Offroad package and it’s been confirmed on my build sheet and all paperwork and Ram customer support I ordered the Offroad and my truck has the Offroad package... I have the decals on the bed of the truck, all the skid plates, hill decent control, axle lock, front tow hooks. Everything else is right except it doesn’t have the extra inch suspension lift so my only guess is maybe they put the wrong shocks on? If that’s what gives it the 1” lift I’m assuming

Bram2019

Reaction score
This is pretty simple. If you have the VIN you can check and see if it has the XZNP. If you do not have access, post the last 8 digits of the VIN and i or someone else can check. If it has the XZNP, then the correct shocks were not installed or whatever increases the height. If the code is not there, it was removed for some reason. Post the VIN. At least you will know what happened to some degree.

Drago1978

Reaction score
This is pretty simple. If you have the VIN you can check and see if it has the XZNP. If you do not have access, post the last 8 digits of the VIN and i or someone else can check. If it has the XZNP, then the correct shocks were not installed or whatever increases the height. If the code is not there, it was removed for some reason. Post the VIN. At least you will know what happened to some degree.
So is XZNP the code I should have for my front and rear shock absorbers?
My build sheet says Extra HD shock Absorbers but the codes are front -SFD / rear -SGD

Truckin

Reaction score
It sounds like they screwed up...Might be a free 2" Mopar lift in your future-at least they will have to add the 1" lift you paid for.

Drago1978

Reaction score
It sounds like they screwed up...Might be a free 2" Mopar lift in your future-at least they will have to add the 1" lift you paid for.
Yup I agree something isn’t right that’s for sure

geotex1

Reaction score
If you checked your VIN in the link above and it says Raised Ride Height in the optional equipment section, should be on the truck. Are you measuring comparatively with these other trucks? You can't measure bumper height or anything unless on the same level surface. You have to measure center of the wheel hub to the fender lip, and that will take out potential wheel/tire size differences and mostly compensate for ground if you measure both sides and work with an average.

Drago1978

Reaction score
If you checked your VIN in the link above and it says Raised Ride Height in the optional equipment section, should be on the truck. Are you measuring comparatively with these other trucks? You can't measure bumper height or anything unless on the same level surface. You have to measure center of the wheel hub to the fender lip, and that will take out potential wheel/tire size differences and mostly compensate for ground if you measure both sides and work with an average.
I don’t see anything on my build sheet that says raised ride hight, But it does show all the other items included with the package bed decals,hill decent, elocker,tow hooks, skid plates. And yes when I measured the trucks I went from the center hub to the bottom of the fender.
Thank you for the help

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought “Raised ride height” was for 2WD models?? I know my sticker doesn’t say anything about raised ride height, just that it has the ORG and then the items under it that is typically included with the ORG.

tgtt

Reaction score
I thought “Raised ride height” was for 2WD models?? I know my sticker doesn’t say anything about raised ride height, just that it has the ORG and then the items under it that is typically included with the ORG.
Mine is 4x4 and build sheet says "raised ride height". I don't have truck yet or window sticker so take it for what it's worth.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2018 Big Horn 4x2 lists "Raised Ride Height" on the Build Sheet. So I feel this alone is not a good indicator of whether the OP has everything that should be included in the Off Road Group.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I've got it on my build sheet (not sticker) for my 4x4. Stickers only show what they care to fit on a single page whereas the build sheet has everything.

Bram2019

Reaction score
So is XZNP the code I should have for my front and rear shock absorbers?
My build sheet says Extra HD shock Absorbers but the codes are front -SFD / rear -SGD
You are making this way too complicated. On about the last sheet of your build sheet it should say. Raised Ride Height. Send me private mail with your VIN. I can verify this directly so this thread can end.

geotex1

Reaction score
If the Raised Ride Height is not on the build sheet, the truck did not get the 1". For instance, there is the North package that had nearly all of the off-road but not extra 1". There were also a couple of regional sales packages that had everything but the lift and a different wheel/tire combo. What the OP needs is his original order print out fron his dealer. I suspect they may have done a build without it.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the Raised Ride Height is not on the build sheet, the truck did not get the 1". For instance, there is the North package that had nearly all of the off-road but not extra 1". There were also a couple of regional sales packages that had everything but the lift and a different wheel/tire combo. What the OP needs is his original order print out fron his dealer. I suspect they may have done a build without it.

That’s interesting. I was under the impression and obviously the OP was too that the ORG came by default with the higher suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread