5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How many data elements are you keeping in the Db....is it something simplistic like a few bits...or are you breaking each build down capturing main points like trim, power train and so on? How granular do you go?
That amount of options I pull depends on the vehicle. For all the Hellcat powered vehicles I am breaking them down to all orderable options so that I can completely serialize each build and identify the number built exactly the same. I have entire build sheet for every vehicle stored/indexed though so I can search the complete list for combinations as needed I just haven't separated them beforehand.

For example, from the Brampton plant, they build all the Dodge Chargers and Challengers, police enforcer versions, etc. They also build the chrysler 300. I am not that interested it breaking down all the 300's but I have their complete build sheets stored should I ever decide to. For all the Hellcat powered Chargers/Challengers I have extracted all orderable options.

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
you should be able to use python and have it hit all the links for you, and essentially read the page to see if it exists

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you should be able to use python and have it hit all the links for you, and essentially read the page to see if it exists
Exactly, I dont use python specifically but yes. The pages always exist, just process the resulting PDF's and then play nice against their servers. Since the result is always a PDF created on demand it is pretty intensive on their end and it is very easy to overload their servers with concurrent requests.

speedgeek

Reaction score
That amount of options I pull depends on the vehicle. For all the Hellcat powered vehicles I am breaking them down to all orderable options so that I can completely serialize each build and identify the number built exactly the same. I have entire build sheet for every vehicle stored/indexed though so I can search the complete list for combinations as needed I just haven't separated them beforehand.

For example, from the Brampton plant, they build all the Dodge Chargers and Challengers, police enforcer versions, etc. They also build the chrysler 300. I am not that interested it breaking down all the 300's but I have their complete build sheets stored should I ever decide to. For all the Hellcat powered Chargers/Challengers I have extracted all orderable options.
Pretty intense... I thought you may have access to a different API. It's not elegant (brute force and all) but what your are doing is pretty slick. Speaking for myself....a big thank you for all the information you are gathering for the forum members and the dedication you have to the task!

Cheers to triple_B

AMK53

Reaction score
I ordered a SW Laramie on 06/21/2022, Scheduled 06/23/2022 went into production on 07/21/2022. I have received a build sheet, but not a window sticker. I didn't order the Multi Function Tailgate... so maybe that is what the hold up is on that one in particular...

I ordered the exact same thing on 06/27, but still no movement. I only got the VIN # and that's it - everything else just says TBD. I don't think there's any rhyme or reason on the way they do their orders that we can guess at.

I've signed up for text updates on the order tracker, but I still can't help myself to check the status every day. I feel like a dumb lab rat that keeps pushing the button for treats even though I just get zapped with electricity every time. :LOL:

Ctmaz68

Reaction score
I ordered my Limited 6/10, went to D1 on 6/27 with estimated ship date of 8/1, then it changed to 8/4. Hopefully that means my truck will be built next week, but who knows for sure.

Reaction score
Vehicle built on 7/9/22. Truck actually shipped on 7/29. Spent 3 weeks at New Boston waiting to be loaded on the train. Apprx Delivery is 8/19. 6 weeks from truck completion to delivery. Seems a bit long?

AMK53

Reaction score
Mine just went to scheduled on August 1st, but it doesn't say when it's scheduled for. Does the Ram tracker not typically provide that?

Ctmaz68

Reaction score
Mine just went to scheduled on August 1st, but it doesn't say when it's scheduled for. Does the Ram tracker not typically provide that?
Ask your dealer for an updated POC, it should show an estimated ship date.

Ram12375

Reaction score
Mine did not give a date until it went into production,which was about a month later. However it was built and shipped out in 3 days

AMK53

Reaction score
Dealer says production is scheduled for 9/2 which is about a month from scheduling date. Then it's another 6-8 weeks for it to be delivered. Seems a bit long for delivery - is that what most others have been experiencing?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dealer says production is scheduled for 9/2 which is about a month from scheduling date. Then it's another 6-8 weeks for it to be delivered. Seems a bit long for delivery - is that what most others have been experiencing?
See the chart in this post. There are "WS to Lot" durations by state. That's how long you can expect as an average, once it has a Window Sticker.

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
Depends on where it is going. Mine was built on 7/6, and estimated delivery is next week. Depends on how it's being delivered and luck.

Way2QWK

Reaction score
Anybody else's truck delivery affected by the current rail worker strike/worker shortage situation? Mine has been stuck on a rail car outside of Gallup, New Mexico for nearly a month. Ram keeps pushing back the delivery estimate. Hope Sept still has decent incentives.

watarski

Reaction score
Mine shipped on July 17th. I've been checking daily. It just got bumped a 2nd time, 2 more weeks to Aug 29th. A month after it was originally supposed to be delivered. I ordered one (long.story, identical order with minor changes) a day prior to this order date - that one has been at the dealer for over 2 weeks. Where are these trucks?

HRCfan1

Reaction score
Ordered a limited on 6/30. Went into schedule on 7/13. No movement yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Grumpy

Reaction score
That’s weird. I ordered a limited on 6/30. Went into schedule on 7/13. No movement yet.

Weird, I ordered mine the same date you did yours. Went into schedule on 7/18, and was completed and sent for shipment on 8/3. Right now is sitting at the shipping yard waiting on a rail car (according to my SA).

HRCfan1

Reaction score
Weird, I ordered mine the same date you did yours. Went into schedule on 7/18, and was completed and sent for shipment on 8/3. Right now is sitting at the shipping yard waiting on a rail car (according to my SA).

It’s crazy how there is no rhyme or reason for Ram orders.

Users who are viewing this thread