5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

AMK53

Reaction score
Does this mean that all 2022 trucks that are currently in order have to be done before production of 2023 can start (i.e. September)? Given that the truck is almost identical, I don't see why they don't just keep building 2022s alongside 2023.

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
Does this mean that all 2022 trucks that are currently in order have to be done before production of 2023 can start (i.e. September)? Given that the truck is almost identical, I don't see why they don't just keep building 2022s alongside 2023.
I believe anything not built by that date turns into a 2023

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They adjust the plant schedules (adding OT and/or canceling shifts) based on parts availability, for the most part. I have been watching production - daily - for over a year now, and I've noticed a lot of things.
One of which is - they have no idea what they're actually going to be able to build until the parts are onsite. They unexpectedly cancel shifts all the time.

The reason I say they have a backlog of 50,000 trucks is that the VIN assignments for 2022's are hovering around 415,000. They started at 100,000, so they've taken 315,000 orders. And per triple_B's daily chart, they've built around 265,000. So that's the 50k backlog. Minus whatever orders are canceled (won't put much of a dent in things).

Last year, their scheduled switch-over was delayed and delayed and delayed. It was originally going to be late July, and ended up being mid-September.

Anyone getting their hopes up that Stellantis will just "convert" a 2022 order to a 2023 order will likely be disappointed. If you have a 2022 VIN, then you're getting a 2022 order. Or they're canceling your 2022 order and asking if you'd like to re-order for a 2023. The only conversions that I have heard of were a handful of Canadian orders last year. And I don't believe those were even issued VINs (but I could be wrong on that part).

AMK53

Reaction score
I'm hoping that this means that mine will be manufactured on or before September. I'm not sure I'd be happy with them forcing me to re-order on a 2023. I doubt they would allow me to keep the same pricing.

Reaction score
Moved to D1 on the 14th of June. Spoke to the dealer this morning and he gave me ETA for Ship is 7/9 but still shows D1 status. Any idea of how quickly the vehicle gets put together? Seems a bit quick, yes?

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
Moved to D1 on the 14th of June. Spoke to the dealer this morning and he gave me ETA for Ship is 7/9 but still shows D1 status. Any idea of how quickly the vehicle gets put together? Seems a bit quick, yes?
That is likely the build start date. I was told 7/1 was my ESD when I was still in D1, and someone told me that it was actually the scheduled build date.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
The ship date is the first day of production.
no, not most of the time
the way a truck is built is some what like this

first if the sheet metal is stamped into a truck body and bed
second and sometimes at the same time is the frame
then comes paint
next it goes down the assembly line and everything is put together

when it is completed it ships off the assembly line that is when the build sheet is issued
then inspection

the above can take a few days
but assembly only takes a few hours as they assembly around 50 per hour

then it is sent to the body shop for the decals and bed kit and other things

then a window sticker is issued

last is shipping to your dealer

peroxide

Reaction score
My Rebel into production today, woo hoo! Ordered 5/5, D1 5/26, Production start 7/9.

Estimate delivery date is 8/7 to Koons. Any idea if those dates are accurate or if delays are a problem there as well? My current lease ends 8/4 and if it's a few days I can manage, if longer I may need to find a temporary solution.

brewdad

Reaction score
Last night the Ram Tracker still showed shipped status; this morning the delivered status of 7 July showed up. I called the dealership and it had been prepped/cleaned up & just pulled around to the front of the dealership.

Reaction score
My Rebel into production today, woo hoo! Ordered 5/5, D1 5/26, Production start 7/9.

Estimate delivery date is 8/7 to Koons. Any idea if those dates are accurate or if delays are a problem there as well? My current lease ends 8/4 and if it's a few days I can manage, if longer I may need to find a temporary solution.
Its showing about a month out for mine also. Went into production on 7/6 Delivery 8/4

tmonge71

Reaction score
Placed an order for a modestly equipped Laramie ED on July 8th, have a VIN and a VON but no other dates as off yet. Any thoughts?

Drone

Reaction score
1 month and 2 days from order to dealership delivery. I'm impressed! Unfortunately, I'm deployed so the vehicle will have to sit at the dealer for a couple of months until I get back stateside.
4f91c6582d8bb3fb8a4964d39d92bada.jpg
131514ea9d189ee6578e216261c5e925.jpg
27245b8fc797ff95aa6ec28d11d4b2d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread