5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Your truck is now at a VDC. that is a vehicle distribution center

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Typically, how long does it sit at this VDC before making it's way to NY?
Totally depends on the trains. If I remember, doesn’t your weather out there totally suck at the moment? That might screw up a few things. Usually it is only a few days :LOL:

Paulny

Reaction score
Totally depends on the trains. If I remember, doesn’t your weather out there totally suck at the moment? That might screw up a few things. Usually it is only a few days :LOL:

Heck no, it was a heat wave here today. We reached 40 degrees. You must be talking about Thanksgiving day when I woke up to -1 and snow. So, hopefully the train gets it's **** moving before the next winter blast ;)

surfingcrna

Reaction score
How often is to often in checking with RamChat on the production status of an order?
I did it whenever I felt like it which was about twice a week. Since you just are given a status code and no reliable date info between them it was enough to keep me updated

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered 10/25/18
As of today they sent me my VIN

I went over to ramtrucks customer service, and I got
11/26/18: "Your vehicle is complete and awaiting delivery to the dealer!"

Paulny

Reaction score
Dealer just contacted me and said my "estimated ramp date is 12-3". I don't know what that means, but hopefully that means it will either be delivered to the Selkirk NY yard awaiting for a truck by then, or hit my dealer lot by then. Fingers crossed.

Siscoster

Reaction score
How long on average have people been waiting on rail shipment? My trucks is supposed to ship by rail to Nashville and has been ready since Nov 18th.

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
Yes I can. I looked it up on the 19th. Should it have the “sold to” filled in yet? Cause that’s still blank

I was told that the Window Sticker is the ticket out of the Rail Yard... so, it should be too much longer.

- my sticker doesn’t have my name on it either.... of course... I haven’t actually paid for it yet

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was told that the Window Sticker is the ticket out of the Rail Yard... so, it should be too much longer.

- my sticker doesn’t have my name on it either.... of course... I haven’t actually paid for it yet

I know when I got my 2014 I downloaded the window sticker and it doesn't have my name on it but the one that came with the truck had my name on it.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Noticed the tracking link has not been updated in over 48 hours . Does anyone know the status of this link? Seems like it used to be updated 1-2x/day before this weekend. Thanks

Siscoster

Reaction score

I just chatted with customer service again and all they say is it’s in transit to my dealer but there is no ETA listed. They also said my dealer should be able to give me a delivery date but they say they don’t have anything yet.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just chatted with customer service again and all they say is it’s in transit to my dealer but there is no ETA listed. They also said my dealer should be able to give me a delivery date but they say they don’t have anything yet.

This is something like my situation. It's done, it's ready to be shipped and all, but the dealer has no idea when, likely December they said.

Paulny

Reaction score
Noticed the tracking link has not been updated in over 48 hours . Does anyone know the status of this link? Seems like it used to be updated 1-2x/day before this weekend. Thanks

Great question. I am very interested to know the status as well, especially since I paid $30 for the tracking fee. Since then, it seems the page gets updated only every few days, if not longer. I would love to see the 1-2x/day updates.

Users who are viewing this thread