5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order Tracking

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
Status Update:

KZ: Railcar Departure / Yard Exit

- So.... I guess it’s is on its way !!!!

The dealership is in N. Texas. What can I expect and when ?

surfingcrna

Reaction score
Congrats. There's been a few trucks going to Texas, maybe search for them. But it seems there's differences each time. Good luck.

surfingcrna

Reaction score
Just meant look through or searching for threads including texas as well as some people have their locations on their signatures. You can ask them.

MachineX

Young and retired in Texas...
Reaction score
@MSchnLoneStar19

Mine took about 1 1/2 weeks train ride to San Antonio, Texas. It came down just east of Dallas. The trains don't go straight to your destination, but however the main loads are headed. If you are in a big city, the more likely more cargo is headed that way, so your truck will come faster than if to a smaller town.

Then it sat waiting for a truck trailer to fill up and be delivered to the dealership. Best bit of advice now... be patient.

Edit: Almost forgot. You can expect your truck!

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
@MSchnLoneStar19

Mine took about 1 1/2 weeks train ride to San Antonio, Texas. It came down just east of Dallas. The trains don't go straight to your destination, but however the main loads are headed. If you are in a big city, the more likely more cargo is headed that way, so your truck will come faster than if to a smaller town.

Then it sat waiting for a truck trailer to fill up and be delivered to the dealership. Best bit of advice now... be patient.

Edit: Almost forgot. You can expect your truck!

Thanks for the reply and information. My dealership is in Wichita Falls, TX.

Is the dealership ever updated ?

MachineX

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and information. My dealership is in Wichita Falls, TX.

Is the dealership ever updated ?
Yup. I was tracking mine on the spreadsheet and everytime it updated, my dealer also sent me an email update the same day. I didnt even ask as I was already tracking my truck's progress, but my dealer is one of the good ones. They have tracking access all the way from VIN assignment, to the service lot, and up until the day you pick up the keys.

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
Yup. I was tracking mine on the spreadsheet and everytime it updated, my dealer also sent me an email update the same day. I didnt even ask as I was already tracking my truck's progress, but my dealer is one of the good ones. They have tracking access all the way from VIN assignment, to the service lot, and up until the day you pick up the keys.

Haven’t heard from them since VIN Assignment ?!? The same day he told me that was scheduled to ship on the 17th ?!?

MachineX

Reaction score
Haven’t heard from them since VIN Assignment ?!? The same day he told me that was scheduled to ship on the 17th ?!?
Might want to give them a call and remind them you are a customer. You gotta do your part in keeping that communication open as well. Especially later when you go back for services as your truck grows up.

Bacchus

Reaction score
I know you can't track anymore, but should I be getting worried? I have a VON from 10/29, however still no VIN. Contacted Ramchat and that's how I found out no VIN.

Bacchus

Reaction score
I know you can't track anymore, but should I be getting worried? I have a VON from 10/29, however still no VIN. Contacted Ramchat and that's how I found out no VIN.

Ok. Here's an update. I was told it's not listed as a "sold" order, but rather as a dealer order. Does this mess anything up?

Paulny

Reaction score
Ok. Here's an update. I was told it's not listed as a "sold" order, but rather as a dealer order. Does this mess anything up?

Yes, that slows things down quite a bit. Your dealer should have ordered your truck as a sold unit which typically puts the build ahead of dealer orders. I would contact your dealer and if possible, have them change your build to sold.

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score

I would call your dealer and ask them to find out for you

Bacchus

Reaction score
Yes, that slows things down quite a bit. Your dealer should have ordered your truck as a sold unit which typically puts the build ahead of dealer orders. I would contact your dealer and if possible, have them change your build to sold.
So, I contacted my dealer. Comically, I was told the opposite. My salesman told me that they had 4 trucks on allocation, so he jumped my build to the front of the line by using one of his allocations.

I was also able to get the VIN from RAM. I think by them looking me up as a customer it was not finding me. I got the VIN now so I can bug RAMchat now. Too bad they don't allow 3rd Party tracking anymore.

Thanks for the help guys!! Now is the waiting game. Hopefully it comes when I can maximize my rebates!

Paulny

Reaction score
Update: yesterday, my trucks new reported "last event location" was/is New Boston, MI and "last event" still says ingate/rebay at facility. Can anyone tell me what this means?

Users who are viewing this thread